• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Embarrassing. Pretty nice 5-5 road trip against solid competition and the Tigers come home and of course lose two straight to the Minnesota Twins. Two losses, no less, against starting pitchers that had ERA's over 6 and 7 respectively going into each game. This team can't even get back to .500, let alone try and bury the rest of this s***ty division.

How do you go 0-4 on your home field so far against one of the worst teams in baseball? Halfway point of the season now and there is absolutely not much reason to believe the Tigers have what it takes to "turn the corner" anymore. The same major flaws keep showing up: pathetic defense, no power, inconsistent starting pitching and a bunch of hitters that haven't come close to matching their efforts a season ago.

Back to .500 finally! Never thought that would be a cause for celebration on July 7th, but it is progress.

Some signs the Tigers offense may be finding their stride as well. I'm very cautiously optimistic still, but I feel like the Tigers could make a run in the second-half again and win this division.

Anyone following what Billy Hamilton is doing in the minors? 103 stolen bases in 81 games and is on pace to break the stolen base minor league record by nearly 30 sb.

Speedy prospect in the Reds farm, excited to see what he can do at a major league level.

I was not aware of this.

Seems like a fair enough rule to allow one additional man during a double header. I wasn't aware of this either.

Chris Berman (who is an idiot) kept saying that the HR Derby win could perhaps heat Prince's bat up - as if he isn't hitting - heading into the second half. It would be nice, though, if the Tigers could use this good All Star experience in conjunction with their strong first half finish to start making some real noise.

Berman is horrible. He should stick to the NFL.

The ASG for baseball is my favorite of the professional sports, but I still absolutely loathe the rule about home field advantage to the winner. It might truly be the dumbest idea ever created in sports. Especially since fans just stuff the ballot boxes and select who plays. If they have to make it mean something, then let the managers, front offices, sports writers etc. decide so the truly deserving players end up going.

Game 7 of the World Series shouldn't be determined because Rangers fans voted more times for Adrian Beltre to start at third.

Now we see why JV has to pitch instead of just throw. :P

I wouldn't want to be the Orioles on Sunday. Even though it doesn't mean much (except to Bud), the competitive nature of Verlander isn't going to be pleased with that showing.

Can't wait for the second half to start.

I didn't even end up watching the game, but JV took a licking, huh? No worries. It's the All Star Game! At least Cabrera won the MV... wait, what's that? Oh, it wasn't. Oh. Well then, carry on.

What a great move by the Giants getting Melky. For the price of a starting pitcher that can't throw strikes. I think the Giants may win the NL and Lincecum has been a disaster so far.

It will be interesting to see what DD does at the trade deadline. My preference would be a corner outfielder right now with Dirks still not coming back until maybe August. I don't see Berry keeping up this pace and Boesch has been brutal offensively and defensively. Carlos Quentin sure would be nice.