• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Back in first place! Oddly enough, the Tigers also returned to first place exactly one year ago today and never looked back. I think the White Sox will hang around, but this is the Tigers division to win with the way they are finding their stride lately. Four straight excellent starts from the rotation and the offense is coming up some with serious clutch hitting.

This is the team we all expected back in April. Better a little late than never.

Tigers acquire SP Annibal Sanchez and IF Omar Infante for P Jacob Turner, C Rob Brantly, and P Brian Flynn.

Turner is still not MLB-ready, as we've seen in his 2 starts this year. It was nice to see him shut down the White Sox, but I am more concerned with the Rangers, Yankees, and Angels - and Turner won't shut down any of them. Infante is exactly what we need to upgrade the 2B position.

A's being tied with the Angels for the AL Wild Card for now. Woot woot. I'm impressed with the A's...

The Cespedes/Reddick combo has been brilliant for that team this season. (and my fantasy team :P)

They are gonna be better once McCarthy comes back from the DL, he's quietly among the best pitchers in baseball.

Programs sell well at Blue Jays games.

A guy named Gretzky took in the get-away game in Seattle yesterday. Got to shake Jeter's hand.

Rumour has it he's there to talk to the Bellevue Group, regarding an NHL team.

I did see Gretzky at that Mariners game during highlights, but I had no idea he was there to promote hockey in Seattle. It's definitely an interesting idea.

Delmon Young should never, ever be hitting 5th in the major leagues. If he's going to be on the team and not remotely producing, at least bat him 7th or lower so he isn't ruining the best 3-4 combination in baseball.

Minimal power, doesn't drive in runs, never walks and is horrible with RISP. Delmon is a DH and he doesn't even do any hitting.