• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Oswalt worked out great :lol:

I just subscribed to MLB.tv through Xbox live, now I get every game every night broadcast in HD. Very cool, i've been addicted since I got it.

Worked out better than Dempster. So glad Detroit avoided him, a mediocre arm having a good year gets exposed in his first game in the AL.

Nice to see the offense wake up last night. Hopefully they turn the corner at some point.

Best game of the season yesterday and one of the best I have ever seen as a Tigers fan. The most improbable comeback against a closer the Tigers hadn't hit a lick off all season. Jackson and Infante were incredible and what else is there to say about Cabrera? You knew something special was going to happen when he got to the plate in that situation.

Love sweeping the Indians too after the fits they had given the Tigers until this weekend. Get them out of the Central race and focus on catching the White Sox now.

I was at the game today. Disappointing loss with a chance to win 3 of 4 before heading to Texas. Bullpen is really struggling lately, particularly the big pieces at the back end in Coke, Benoit and Valverde. Benoit hasn't pitched too often, and when he has, he can't keep the ball in the park at all.

I am also beyond sick of Leyland continuing to use Boesch/Young 5th and 6th in the order. Peralta, Avila or Dirks should be hitting in those two spots. All three have plate discipline and could drive in runs at a better clip behind Cabrera and Prince than Boesch and Young have been.

Infante has been a superb addition, offensively and defensively at second base. Nice to finally get some production from that position.

Another rough start for Sanchez. Not really digging giving up Turner for him at all. Thought it was overpayment for a likely rental at the time and Smyly was doing just fine as the 5th starter. Sanchez probably is the odd man out in a playoff rotation anyways.

Still think corner outfield was a much bigger need than another starting pitcher.

Melky, Melky, Melky. A fake website? You're joking, right? You need new agents and new friends.

Giants Manager Bruce Bochy:

“You can be world-class parents and your kids can go south or have some issues. We can’t follow guys 24/7, and it comes down to choices. (Cabrera) is a grown man, he’s a veteran,” Bochy said. “These are unfortunate things and we’ll continue to work at cleaning out baseball.”
Edited by cusimano_brothers

It's always someone in baseball.. when are players going to learn that doping will catch up with them eventually.

At least when Stamkos breaks 50 goals in a season the first question isn't "I wonder if he's on steroids". One of many reasons why I prefer hockey over baseball, there's more class and honesty.

Per Rotoworld

According to MLB.com's Jason Beck, the Tigers have officially ruled out Victor Martinez (knee) returning this season.

Martinez was hoping to make a comeback in September, but will instead focus on getting himself medically cleared for spring training. Just seven months removed from ACL surgery, he was a longshot to contribute this season

It's a couple days late but congrats to Reds prospect Billy Hamilton for breaking the single season stolen base record. He broke the old record of 145 and there's still about 20 games left in the season, he's projected to flirt with 160 before the season ends.

This kid is unbelievably fast, you tube him if you aren't familiar with him.