• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

Season probably at stake for the Tigers now. Minimum they absolutely need a split, ideally they take three of four and pull within a game. Not much confidence for me in either scenario the way the offense is going. Can't score runs at all and they are a brutal road team.

Hoping for the best. With the starting pitching, anything could happen if the Tigers just find a way into the playoffs.

That's a critical loss. Valverde has to come up with a save there. Not really going to miss him -- last season was impressive but extremely flukey and this season he has been way too hittable for a closer.

Story of the game though for me was defense. Porcello gets four ground balls in one inning, three of them should have been routine double plays and the Tigers got two outs total. Prince and Avila collide on another simple out. The ump didn't help, but that's just an excuse for a team that plays lousy defense on a daily basis.

Hate to use it, but tomorrow might be a must-win after this tough defeat today. The White Sox were up three after last Monday and could be again with time running out and no head-to-head meetings remaining. Would have been really nice to go to Chicago just a game behind. Story of the season really -- missed opportunities and frustration.

Edited by GoWings1905

The 8-10 record against Cleveland certainly looks like a difference maker, especially considering the Tigers went 12-6 against the White Sox. Even if the Tigers go a mediocre 10-8 instead against the lousy Indians, those are two huge games in the standings.

The Tigers are probably getting what they deserve ultimately. They are no different now than in April. The team we are looking at is severely flawed even in a very poor division. I never really bought the Tigers would just run away after watching them play the first couple months of inconsistent baseball. Their major issues are with personnel not adjustments.

I'm not giving up by any stretch, but today was a deflator.

84dd1d4d42e3a186d03785951e38.jpg

The Toronto Blue Jays do not support discrimination of any kind nor condone the message displayed by Yunel Escobar during Saturday’s game. The club takes this situation seriously and is investigating the matter.

Alex Anthopoulos, Sr. VP Baseball Operations and General Manager will be available to the media tomorrow afternoon at Yankee Stadium and we expect him to be joined by Yunel Escobar, Manager John Farrell and Coach Luis Rivera. Details and location for the media availability will be announced tomorrow.

Good for James Greenhalgh, a season ticket holder who noticed this and posted his photo.

I don't know how the season will play out for the Tigers as a team, but I do know one thing: Miguel Cabrera is the MVP.

Really hope Max is OK -- reports don't sound too promising right now. Avila and Berry both injured too.

The bats are fully alive tonight at least. The Tigers need wins and a lot of them the rest of the way plus some help as well.

Guest irishock

Miggy now tied for the Triple Crown in the HR category with number 42.

Seriously, I love watching Mike Trout play, but this shouldn't even be a discussion anymore.

It's just the LA hype that's keeping him in it.

Guest irishock

Tigers can pick up some ground if they can win 3/4 against Min/KC. Chicago is struggling right now, just haven't been able to take advantage of that all season long.

Edited by irishock