• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2012 Baseball thread

Rate this topic

He can get his name spelled right when he can get his ERA below 8 :lol:

That Seattle combined no-hit game was unusual, don't think i've seen anything like that before. It's not nearly as impressive when it takes 6 pitchers to get it done though, regardless if Millwood got injured. It's a much more impressive feat when a single pitcher does it by himself.

Games like tonight are a prime example why it's getting tougher to believe the Tigers are going to turn it around. Very winnable game against a terrible team and the Tigers give it away because they can't make simple fundamental baseball plays in the field. Everyone knew the Tigers defense was going to be s***ty, but it's pathetic that even routine plays are an adventure for basically every player besides Austin Jackson. The offense isn't good enough to bail out horrible defense. Losing is one thing, but watching sloppy baseball in the process really frustrates me as a fan.

I'm running out of patience with Scherzer and Porcello too. Too much potential and neither of them can consistently turn in quality starts. With Fister out, it's imperative those two give the Tigers some reliable arms behind Verlander and neither has come through.

I hate to make excuses because the Tigers are doing just fine losing games on their own, but all of the injuries are really hurting the ability to make a serious push. Dirks was hitting the ball very well, Avila is invaluable behind the plate and obviously not having Fister severely weakens the rotation.

Went to game 1 of the Tigers / Cubs series at Wrigley. Tons of Tigers fans in attendance and lots of back-and-forth between the fans. Tough way to lose on a couple of blown calls, though. Sigh.

Went to game 1 of the Tigers / Cubs series at Wrigley. Tons of Tigers fans in attendance and lots of back-and-forth between the fans. Tough way to lose on a couple of blown calls, though. Sigh.

That's sweet. Did you feel your allegiances being torn a little? :P

That's sweet. Did you feel your allegiances being torn a little? :P

While the Cubs are a [very distant] second to the Tigers as far as allegiances go, I can't say I did for a second. There were actually a ton of Tiger fans there, and lots of back and forth between the two sides similar to Leafs / Red Wings games.

One of the biggest kicks came as we were heading to Goose Island for a pre-game drink. The Tigers had a 'Tweetup' at a local pub called O'Malley's - whose sign read, "At least it's not the Red Wings".