• Please log in to reply
622 replies to this topic

#521 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Verlander has to pitch 8 imo. Only guy from the bullpen I trust is Al Al.

bringit.jpg

#522 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

Leyland bunts all the time and he doesn't in that spot with Avila to play for a run? I don't get it. Peralta would have scored there on the hit.

I'm so nervous. JV is looking terrific. This game is all up to him.

EDIT: Tigers finally bust it open a little with a big inning. 6-0 feels a lot better with JV out there. Just pray the bullpen doesn't get involved.

Edited by GoWings1905, 11 October 2012 - 10:55 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#523 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

Posted Image

#524 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Best pitcher in baseball. LOL at people claiming Chris Sale, Jim Freaking Johnson and Felix Hernandez were better pitchers midseason

bringit.jpg

#525 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:58 PM

I've never seen anything quite like Justin Verlander. You expect perfection and get it almost every time.

The Tigers are going back to the ALCS!

#526 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

I don't know what all the Ti' fans were worried about; "The Big Potato" had predicted it:

"Hey, man. All my teammates support me. Everybody's looking forward to tomorrow and, I know, 100 percent, my team's going to win tomorrow."

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#527 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Tigers held on I hear eh?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#528 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I really should've posted this yesterday, but I had never been more confident about a game than I was heading into last night's.

Greatest pitcher on earth and a team with a chip on their shoulder facing a team who was simply not prepared to deal with JV. That said, who is? He's a special talent that we as sports fans are blessed to see.

I'm glad they were able to take the wind out of the A's sails last night and avoid any drama or childish behavior. I'm happy for the A's and they were a great story, but there has never been a team to complain more about professional behavior while repeatedly failing to show any of their own. I had a lot of respect for Josh Reddick before the series, but it's apparent that he only respects his teammates and has a lot to learn about sportsmanship. I hope he and Johnny Gomes learn some tact in the offseason.

I have a cousin in Oakland and now how much some of their fan base loves their team, but damn are there a lot of band wagoners - proven by their booing of everything that doesn't benefit the A's - so it's nice that we won't have to hear about how amazing their [brand new] fans are.

But I digress, great series win on the back of our horse. I will now root like hell for the Orioles, because the Yankees are always terrifying. That said, you never want to "want" your opponent in the postseason, because it often comes back to haunt you.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#529 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hindsight:

Posted Image

I don't believe for one moment Verlander's comment that he believe's last night's win was the pitching highlight of his career.

#530 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

These playoffs so far have been unbelievable. Each divisional series goes the limit five games. The Tigers games give me near heart attacks, but as a neutral fan otherwise, I've loved watching all of the other series as well.

I'd like to see the Orioles come back and win this game/series. Home field advantage for the Tigers if so and the O's are a very cool story. Plus I can't will myself to ever root for the Yankees. It sure has been fun eliminating them twice though.

#531 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

Series Minutia:
RISP Totals
Baltimore: 3-for-37
New York: 7-for-32.

No sightings of a towel being waved. Nice.

#532 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:19 PM

Are you kidding me? The Cardinals are incredible. They never quit or are out of a game. Drew Storen is going to be less popular than Valverde after this turn of events.

#533 InKennyWeTrust

InKennyWeTrust

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:09 AM

As a Reds fan, I'm not sure what was more painful: wathcing the Reds fall from a 2-0 series lead or that last damned Cardinals rally. What a huge letdown these playoffs have been.

#534 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

As a Reds fan, I'm not sure what was more painful: wathcing the Reds fall from a 2-0 series lead or that last damned Cardinals rally. What a huge letdown these playoffs have been.

How in anyway as a sports fan in general can you say that is a let down, forget who you are rooting for. This is a great playoff run in every series, tigers go up 2-0, end up having to win it in game 5 after valverde messes up a chance to take it in game 4, The cardinals rally 4 runs in the 9th inning to win the series, when they had two outs and two strikes on 5 of their hits in the ninth. The Giants rally back from a 0-2 start to take the series 3-2, The yankees went up 2-0, and in game 4 went 13 innings before the yankees lost to force game 5, and then obviously the yanks win game 5 to close out the series. These games are unpredictable and fun to watch.

Edited by Euro_Twins, 13 October 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#535 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Getting close to Game 1 of the ALCS. Baltimore did the Tigers a big favor at least by stretching it to five games. Sabathia doesn't pitch until Game 4 and no day of rest means a starter on short rest tomorrow in Game 2.

Like the Tigers chances quite a bit because of the starting pitching. Gotta keep the Yankees in the park (easier said than done on that high school field). Also going to need more from AJ, Miggy and Prince in this series which I fully expect to happen. The Yankees struggled offensively in the ALDS, but that is a very tough lineup to navigate still and close games that come down to the bullpens scare me.

Tigers in six, Giants in seven. Tough picking against the Cardinals mojo at this point, but gotta stick with my original World Series teams.

#536 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

I hope the Tigers make it to the WS with Gary Thorne calling it, not Joe Buck

bringit.jpg

#537 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Unreal, cant believe that just happened. Choke.

#538 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I hate Jose Valverde with every bone in my body.

Jim Leyland too for the completely inexcusable move of leaving him in for that long or hell pitching him at all.

There is loyalty and then there's being a stubborn jackass costing your team a win.

#539 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Unreal, cant believe that just happened. Choke.

Tigers don't deserve to be labelled a choke. It's Valverde and only Valverde.

bringit.jpg

#540 Butch

Butch

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Isn't Valverde supposed to be a free agent at the end of the 2012 season? Bench him now, never let him screw up another Tiger save. Let Dotel finish the playoffs as closer, he has been a good one in the past and he doesn't seem to choke like "Papa Grande Loser".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users