• Please log in to reply
622 replies to this topic

#541 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Leyland has got to go aswell. Allow the pinch runner to steal from 1st to 2nd to 3rd without a single throw? What the f*** is that.

The Yankees don't even look like they have the energy to win 4 out of 7. Ichiro hits a 2-run homer? Claps. Ibanez ties the game again? Claps from Girardi and smiles from Jeter. Fans don't even sound excited. We're losing to a team that doesn't deserve to win.

Edited by irishock, 13 October 2012 - 11:13 PM.

bringit.jpg

#542 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

The Tigers should just hurry up and lose so I can really focus on hating Valverde.

Well, him and the lockout. Because I normally could care less about baseball...

#543 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

The Tigers should just hurry up and lose so I can really focus on hating Valverde.

Well, him and the lockout. Because I normally could care less about baseball...

Heh, im right there with ya, and yeah when I said choke earlier I meant Valverde, not the entire tigers roster :P

#544 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

Props to Dotel, Smyly for doing their things despite a demoralized team

Who the hell is David Phelps?

Delmon is the true Yankee killer.

bringit.jpg

#545 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

Delmon loves Yankee Stadium in the playoffs.

What a roller coaster.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#546 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

The Tigers win! I have no idea how, but what a resilient group of guys to keep battling and pull it off. Delmon was huge and awesome work from Smyly coming out of the pen.

Leyland shouldn't be let off the hook though. He would have been facing major heat had his team not gotten the win.

Unbelievable what playoff baseball can display every night.

#547 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

I'd honestly take Crosby over Valverde. And it's the only time I'll ever support a Crosby.

bringit.jpg

#548 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

This postseason has been unreal so far. All series.

I definitely thought the Tigers were done in extra innings but nope. DY comes out of his shell at Yankee stadium and Smyly pitches like a 10 year veteran.

Now lets get this game today and hopefully not come back the rest of the year.

#549 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

I've seen some speculation, but I think the Tigers need to "make" an injury for Valverde so they can add another arm to the bullpen for this series. He's done and the team already took an extra position player over 12 relievers. Add a lefty like Downs against the Yankees or even Villarreal. No way even stubborn Leyland can put Valverde back out there again. The Tigers have given up 15 runs in the playoffs and Valverde is responsible for seven of them.

Maybe a bit overlooked due to the chaos late, but where would the Tigers be without Peralta last night? Two terrific defensive plays early to help out Fister and he has hit the ball well the entire playoffs so far. Considering Miggy and Prince haven't gone nuts yet, what a great job guys like Peralta, Infante and Young have done to contribute offensively.

Hate to get greedy, but a 2-0 lead is there for the taking today. Kuroda on short rest, the Yankees have played five consecutive days and the bullpen has thrown a lot. Sanchez just needs to keep the lefties in the park. The Yanks are going to be inspired though losing Jeter and knowing what awaits them in Game 3 back in Detroit. (JV and a sellout crowd)

#550 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hoping Annibal can pitch at least 7. Dotel Smyly with Coke and Al Al as emergency closers

bringit.jpg

#551 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Anibal Sanchez brilliant again and they finally got him some runs! Great work by Coke as well to finish it off.

Comerica is going to be a madhouse on Tuesday.

#552 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

The Yankees don't even look like they have the energy to win 4 out of 7. Ichiro hits a 2-run homer? Claps. Ibanez ties the game again? Claps from Girardi and smiles from Jeter.

The Yankees don't look excited enough for you? They aren't showing that level of emotion that fans yearn to see? That's a shame.
Here's what part of their itinerary looks like for tomorrow; the team will travel to Peoria, IL, where they will attend funeral services for Mr. Joe Girardi's father Jerry, who recently died as a result of deteriorating health since the 1990's from Alzheimer's disease.
Sorry that my team's enthusiasm is a bit muted these days. However, I fully understand why.
I just I'd present all of the facts. Hope it didn't ruin your story.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#553 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

No, they're playing like they want to go home as soon as possible. Look at Cano, Teixeira and Granderson's at bats. Look at A-Rod not even attempting to run on base after Avila dropped the 3rd strike. Only Ichiro has shown up for the Yanks in the ALCS. If Fielder's bat shows up in Detroit, the Tigers win this in 5 easily.

Edited by irishock, 14 October 2012 - 10:07 PM.

bringit.jpg

#554 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, while I feel for Girardi's loss, that's a pretty weak explanation. His dad passed away last Saturday and the Yankees still played the Orioles series during that span and won. They have no emotion because all of that high-priced talent can't hit the ball except off Valverde. Probably doesn't help their home fans that showed up booed everyone on the team in a heartbeat. TBS and Sager were full of excuses for the Yankees though instead of doing anything to give the Tigers some credit.

0.94 ERA from the starters so far in the playoffs. Throw in some timely hitting and you've got yourself a very dangerous team if the bullpen doesn't implode. This series is far from over, but the Tigers are the reason the Yankees look listless.

#555 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

Go Tigers.

Trade Valverde.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#556 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Comerica will be bouncing up and down on its foundation this week I think.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#557 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:44 PM

Justin. Verlander.

One win from the World Series!

#558 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

Let's finish this off tonight!

#559 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

The Yankees don't look excited enough for you? They aren't showing that level of emotion that fans yearn to see? That's a shame.
Here's what part of their itinerary looks like for tomorrow; the team will travel to Peoria, IL, where they will attend funeral services for Mr. Joe Girardi's father Jerry, who recently died as a result of deteriorating health since the 1990's from Alzheimer's disease.
Sorry that my team's enthusiasm is a bit muted these days. However, I fully understand why.
I just I'd present all of the facts. Hope it didn't ruin your story.

I'd actually heard that Girardi was the only member of the team to attend the funeral. Is that not correct?

Of course, it's a terrible loss and you feel for Girardi - this Yankees team is beaten down. Their biggest bats have come up empty all postseason so far and they're facing the best staff left in the postseason. Not to mention, coming back in Game 1 only to lose the game and their captain was both insult and injury.

That said, I would never consider them 'out' until the 27th out of the Tigers' 4th win of the series.

Go Tigers.

Trade Valverde.

He's a free agent after this year. While I have been ultimately fine with his performance this year (85% or whatever is actually league average for saves), it just seems like he's lost the arm speed he needs to throw his pitches - most especially his sinker - effectively. I can't imagine he'll be back. I have no idea who will replace him, but I can't see him as the Tigers' closer next year.

This is a really exciting time guys. Not to count my chickens, but even to be on the verge of a potential World Series birth is amazing. Last time the Tigers were in this position I was on a sports 'sabbatical' if you will. I had just moved away from home for the first time and simply wasn't interested in sports at that point, but this is really something. Even my wife has started to come around and has been pretty damn enthralled throughout the postseason.

Go Tigers!

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#560 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sabathia gets rocked and the Tigers are up 6-0 in the 4th inning.

15 outs from the World Series! Keep dealing Max and this is going to be a fun night in Detroit. I want these innings to go quick now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users