• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

10 Year Anniversary

Rate this topic

I just thought of this tonight when a buddy of mine was showing me video of the Wings vs Avs game 7, 2002 Western Finals. It's been 10 years since this great season and I thought how cool it would be to share the moments of this speechless season. Enjoy!

Red Wings vs Avalanche game 7

(Game still gives me chills)

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

And to think there are only three guys left from that team...Nick, Pasha and Homer. How time flies.

I remember that game 7 with Colorado...we were in Sault Ste. Marie at a DAV convention. We were laughing our asses off watching the game. The next morning I ran into the Madam Commander on the National level of the Auxiliary, who happened to be from North Carolina. I told her my Wings were going to beat her Hurricanes. "NO WAY! We're going to win!"

"Wings in 5", I told her. "You watch." Damned if I wasn't right.

This was essentially the end of the rivalry, wasn't it? Also, I love how Stevie just tore the trophy out of the presenter's hand and skated off into the locker room with it. So funny.

Either way, I love awood's videos. He posts game highlights almost instantly and he always gets the best material. His channel is awesome.

As fun as chasing patty was, for me the highlight was game 6 in Colorado when we won 2-0. That was as good a performance as I have ever seen from a Redwings team. On the road, facing elimination, against your bitterest rivals, all the pressure of "greatest team ever assembled with 9* future HOFers", they came out and forechecked the living shiznit out of the Avs.

* Now 10, thanks to a certain P.Datsyuk :) Tells you how good that team was that he and Brett Hull were on the 4th line.

Edited by Nev

Great videos. Two things really jump out at me.

1 - Look at all that room behind the nets

2 - Bravo to the referee in game 6 who didnt blow the whistle when Roy held his arm up like he had it. I cringe watching it today thinking that would be one of those playes that would draw a quick whistle.

Also, where does this rank on the biggest sports fails of all time? It's gotta be up there. It couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Sometimes bad things happen to good people but every now and again the universe allows for the opposite just to give you a little hope.

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.

I was sitting in a bar in Wellston, Michigan, watching that game with my hubby and a bunch of fishermen who'd come in off the Manistee River. I looked at my other half, and said, "That goal changes everything. We're goin' all the way."