• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#22 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.

What about Boston a few years ago? That was pretty bad.

Or that one Wings team that had a 3 game lead over the Leafs for the cup.

#23 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,338 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

.... How the hell is 2002 10 years ago? Time is accelerating by year.

I know. When I hear a decade ago, I still think the 90s. Blah.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#24 Red Wing

Red Wing

Prospect

• 35 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

I was in fifth grade at the time.

Amazing moments!

#25 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I was sitting in a bar in Wellston, Michigan, watching that game with my hubby and a bunch of fishermen who'd come in off the Manistee River. I looked at my other half, and said, "That goal changes everything. We're goin' all the way."
Posted Image

#26 JoshuaW92

JoshuaW92

Finnish Wing

• 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

I miss Gary Thorne's play by play.

#27 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Good point but do you insist on finding the negative in everything that happens? lol

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#28 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Can't believe its been 10 years. So many great moments that year. The series against Colorado was definitely the most difficult. What a series that was.

I remember exactly what I was doing when Lidstrom shattered Cloutier's career. I was sitting on the couch and my grandpa goes "That shot may be looked back at 10 years from now, and people will call it the defining moment of our Cup run". Wise man, my grandpa is.

When Lidstrom scored from center on Dan Ellis in '08 against Nashville, my grandpa calls me and goes "Remember '02 with Cloutier? The Cup is ours this year again!" What happens? Wings hoist it again.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#29 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

Can't believe its been 10 years. So many great moments that year. The series against Colorado was definitely the most difficult. What a series that was.

I remember exactly what I was doing when Lidstrom shattered Cloutier's career. I was sitting on the couch and my grandpa goes "That shot may be looked back at 10 years from now, and people will call it the defining moment of our Cup run". Wise man, my grandpa is.

When Lidstrom scored from center on Dan Ellis in '08 against Nashville, my grandpa calls me and goes "Remember '02 with Cloutier? The Cup is ours this year again!" What happens? Wings hoist it again.

Posted Image Here's to another one this year, sending Nick off to retirement at the grandest stage.

bringit.jpg

#30 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:58 PM

Posted Image Here's to another one this year, sending Nick off to retirement at the grandest stage.

It would be nice. If we win it all this year, I expect Lids, Homer, and Bert to retire, without any doubt. Lids still has plenty left in the tank, but there's no better way to retire than following a Cup win.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#31 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:35 AM

I miss Gary Thorne's play by play.

(Name here) with the move, shifts into the circle--SHOT! SAVE MADE! REBOUND!-There is none... Cleared back down the ice...
  • Nev likes this

#32 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

(Name here) with the move, shifts into the circle--SHOT! SAVE MADE! REBOUND!-There is none... Cleared back down the ice...

Thorne was the greatest. Seemed like every shot was "DEFLECTED!!" :lol:

I'll never forget his call in '98 when Drapes scored in OT over Washington in the finals: "Lapointe, centers shot..SCORES!!!! KRIS DRAPPPPPPERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! THE INCREDIBLE COMEBACK IS COMPLETE!!!"

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#33 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

I was sitting in a bar in Wellston, Michigan, watching that game with my hubby and a bunch of fishermen who'd come in off the Manistee River. I looked at my other half, and said, "That goal changes everything. We're goin' all the way."

I remember after we went down 0-2, I proclaimed, "Hey, if the Wings win the Cup, I'll quit smoking."

Don't tempt fate, people. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#34 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:58 AM

Very wise man is your grandfather.
Posted Image

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good point but do you insist on finding the negative in everything that happens? lol

Whatever.

I actually picked us to win the Cup that year.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

MERCY!!!
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#37 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

So hard to believe that was 10 years ago... Seriously doesn't seem that long ago. Time flies way too fast! I'll definitely never forget that incredible season. Literally an all-star team from top to bottom. Amazing memories.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#38 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

As fun as chasing patty was, for me the highlight was game 6 in Colorado when we won 2-0. That was as good a performance as I have ever seen from a Redwings team. On the road, facing elimination, against your bitterest rivals, all the pressure of "greatest team ever assembled with 9* future HOFers", they came out and forechecked the living shiznit out of the Avs.

* Now 10, thanks to a certain P.Datsyuk :) Tells you how good that team was that he and Brett Hull were on the 4th line.

Hull - Datsyuk - Devereaux was the 2nd line. Robitaille - Larionov - Holmstrom was the 4th line. Of course, there was hardly any difference.

#39 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

Insert the *Wow it's been ten years????* line here. It's funny how I can still remember where I was for every game that postseason. 7th grade....good times.
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#40 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Disregard this post.

Edited by TheXym, 21 January 2012 - 09:45 PM.

It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.