• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.

Yeah, and if the Wings had scored zero goals all season, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. But they did.

#42 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hull - Datsyuk - Devereaux was the 2nd line. Robitaille - Larionov - Holmstrom was the 4th line. Of course, there was hardly any difference.

Funny, cos I remember it was the exact opposite.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#43 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

One of the greatest hockey teams ever assembled. When you think about the number of future HOF'ers they had on the ice at any one time, it's insane. That whole season was like Christmas every day for us as fans.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#44 Datsyuk4Life

Datsyuk4Life

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

I really miss hockey on ESPN,

#45 Real1

Real1

I Could Have Never Happened

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:26 AM

the thing that amazed me most about this year was that they started out 22-3-1-1. that is absolutely unheard of anymore.

"the more you dream, the farther you get"

Like random things? Follow me on Twitter.

#46 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

You realise just how long ago this season was when you look at the standings and notice the Leafs had 100 points Posted Image

#47 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

Funny, cos I remember it was the exact opposite.

Then you're wrong :)

#48 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:58 AM

You realise just how long ago this season was when you look at the standings and notice the Leafs had 100 points Posted Image

I'm still upset they didn't make the Finals.

That would have been classic and a total clash of styles.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#49 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

That game 7 was my first hockey memory. I was seven at the time and I remember my mom going "just give them the goal" when they were reviewing that kicked in goal by the aves. My brother got so pissed

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#50 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

I just thought of this tonight when a buddy of mine was showing me video of the Wings vs Avs game 7, 2002 Western Finals. It's been 10 years since this great season and I thought how cool it would be to share the moments of this speechless season. Enjoy!

Red Wings vs Avalanche game 7
(Game still gives me chills)

Had such a blast watching that game.

I was still in college but back home here for most of the summer working an internship and it was in the French Quarter/Downtown area. After work I went straight to a downtown sports bar and restaurant that unforutantely is no longer in business, but I really enjoyed the few times I went there. Given that d'town/French Quarter is a tourist area obviously, were actually a few other random Wings fans around here/there. Was cool to watch.