• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

10 Year Anniversary

Rate this topic

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.

Good point but do you insist on finding the negative in everything that happens? lol

Can't believe its been 10 years. So many great moments that year. The series against Colorado was definitely the most difficult. What a series that was.

I remember exactly what I was doing when Lidstrom shattered Cloutier's career. I was sitting on the couch and my grandpa goes "That shot may be looked back at 10 years from now, and people will call it the defining moment of our Cup run". Wise man, my grandpa is.

When Lidstrom scored from center on Dan Ellis in '08 against Nashville, my grandpa calls me and goes "Remember '02 with Cloutier? The Cup is ours this year again!" What happens? Wings hoist it again.

Guest irishock

Can't believe its been 10 years. So many great moments that year. The series against Colorado was definitely the most difficult. What a series that was.

I remember exactly what I was doing when Lidstrom shattered Cloutier's career. I was sitting on the couch and my grandpa goes "That shot may be looked back at 10 years from now, and people will call it the defining moment of our Cup run". Wise man, my grandpa is.

When Lidstrom scored from center on Dan Ellis in '08 against Nashville, my grandpa calls me and goes "Remember '02 with Cloutier? The Cup is ours this year again!" What happens? Wings hoist it again.

beerchug.gif Here's to another one this year, sending Nick off to retirement at the grandest stage.

(Name here) with the move, shifts into the circle--SHOT! SAVE MADE! REBOUND!-There is none... Cleared back down the ice...

Thorne was the greatest. Seemed like every shot was "DEFLECTED!!" :lol:

I'll never forget his call in '98 when Drapes scored in OT over Washington in the finals: "Lapointe, centers shot..SCORES!!!! KRIS DRAPPPPPPERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! THE INCREDIBLE COMEBACK IS COMPLETE!!!"

I was sitting in a bar in Wellston, Michigan, watching that game with my hubby and a bunch of fishermen who'd come in off the Manistee River. I looked at my other half, and said, "That goal changes everything. We're goin' all the way."

I remember after we went down 0-2, I proclaimed, "Hey, if the Wings win the Cup, I'll quit smoking."

Don't tempt fate, people. :lol:

Very wise man is your grandfather.

Guest Crymson

As fun as chasing patty was, for me the highlight was game 6 in Colorado when we won 2-0. That was as good a performance as I have ever seen from a Redwings team. On the road, facing elimination, against your bitterest rivals, all the pressure of "greatest team ever assembled with 9* future HOFers", they came out and forechecked the living shiznit out of the Avs.

* Now 10, thanks to a certain P.Datsyuk :) Tells you how good that team was that he and Brett Hull were on the 4th line.

Hull - Datsyuk - Devereaux was the 2nd line. Robitaille - Larionov - Holmstrom was the 4th line. Of course, there was hardly any difference.

Guest Crymson

Just think, if that Lidstrom goal from center ice didn't go in, we could be talking about the biggest bunch of chokers in NHL history.

Yeah, and if the Wings had scored zero goals all season, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. But they did.

Hull - Datsyuk - Devereaux was the 2nd line. Robitaille - Larionov - Holmstrom was the 4th line. Of course, there was hardly any difference.

Funny, cos I remember it was the exact opposite.

I just thought of this tonight when a buddy of mine was showing me video of the Wings vs Avs game 7, 2002 Western Finals. It's been 10 years since this great season and I thought how cool it would be to share the moments of this speechless season. Enjoy!

Red Wings vs Avalanche game 7

(Game still gives me chills)

Had such a blast watching that game.

I was still in college but back home here for most of the summer working an internship and it was in the French Quarter/Downtown area. After work I went straight to a downtown sports bar and restaurant that unforutantely is no longer in business, but I really enjoyed the few times I went there. Given that d'town/French Quarter is a tourist area obviously, were actually a few other random Wings fans around here/there. Was cool to watch.