Redmond. Brown. Ciccerreli

Klima. Burr. Kocur

Murphy. Ward

Fischer. Duschene

Dandenault. M.Howe

Vernon

Chevaldae?

Would like to see Fetisov and Kozlov.

Doubt the recently retired play. If one does it would probably be McCarty.

Even this alum line up beats the current Columus team :cool:

The Leafs alumni line-ups always end up with a handful of guys that force you to do HockeyDB searches to find out when they played their 5 games for the Leafs.

But hoping to see Gilmour, Sundin, Clark, Roberts, et al.

CuJo and Potvin in net.

What makes you think Cujo won't want to play for the Wings? :hehe:

Yzerman would be absolutely crazy imagine the applause. although I don't see that realistically happening as him being a GM

Draper mentioned in a quote about trying to get him back for it.

They should flip a coin to see who gets stuck with Allan Bester.

Nah, he only played 4 games with us, you can have him. We'll take Wregget, you can have Frycer.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have Olczyk on your team so one of our guys can jam him through the boards!

I hope Fedorov plays.

That would be nice....Fedorov - Larionov - Kozlov would even be better!

Yzerman, Draper, Maltby, Fedorov, Larionov, Kozlov, Rafalski, Shanahan, Chelios, Ciccarelli, McCarty, Lapointe...I could go on and on!

If the Lightening Organization has any class they will tell Stevie Y to come back and play for his team in the alumni game... I am sure Lightening fans will understand. Hell, most of their fans are actually Red Wings fans just cheering for the Lightening as a second favorite team simply because Stevie is Gm...

If the Lightening Organization has any class they will tell Stevie Y to come back and play for his team in the alumni game... I am sure Lightening fans will understand. Hell, most of their fans are actually Red Wings fans just cheering for the Lightening as a second favorite team simply because Stevie is Gm...

I have to disagree. I would say if Stevie has any class, which he clearly does, he will steer clear from it.

Did anyone realistically think he was going to come back and play for the alumni game? Granted it would be absolutely everything we wanted, but it just doesn't make sense. He is literally the #1 guy in the front office for another organization, he is all business, especially in the middle of the season, why would it be legit for him in his position to do something like that? Believe me, if Stevie is throwing on the Winged Wheel again, I would be the first one to be there, but it just doesn't make any sense, and to me it is a class move by the classiest act this sport has ever seen.

That being said, the alumni game and potential roster will not disappoint. Domi and Joey dropping gloves, potential Russian 5 resembled (I am sure they will honor Vladdy in some way); the players who have played for these teams is downright disgusting how deep it could go, I wouldn't want to be the person from each organization who has to choose who plays and who doesn't, because I'm sure almost everyone would love to.

Shanny - Larionov - Ciccarelli

Redmond - ? - Hull

the grind line

Kocur - Lapointe - Robitaille

Coffey Murphy

Rafalski Scneider

Uwe Krupp Dandenault?

It would be awesome to see Shanahan and Yzerman, but it seems to good to be true. Yzerman is Tampa's GM and Shanny hands out s***ty suspensions. I don't know if they'd actually be allowed to. I wish Gordie could get out there one more time :( Ideally, I want to see:

Shanahan-Yzerman-Fedorov

Redmond-Larionov-Ciccarelli

Maltby-Draper-McCarty

Kocur-Lapointe-Gallant

Coffey-Murphy

Fischer-Dandenault

?-?

Osgood

Hasek

I wonder what Toronto will look like? At the minimum, gotta have the following:

Sundin

Gilmour

Domi

Clark

Corson

Tucker

Roberts

Wish Belak and Probie were around :crybaby:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I have to disagree. I would say if Stevie has any class, which he clearly does, he will steer clear from it.

Did anyone realistically think he was going to come back and play for the alumni game? Granted it would be absolutely everything we wanted, but it just doesn't make sense. He is literally the #1 guy in the front office for another organization, he is all business, especially in the middle of the season, why would it be legit for him in his position to do something like that? Believe me, if Stevie is throwing on the Winged Wheel again, I would be the first one to be there, but it just doesn't make any sense, and to me it is a class move by the classiest act this sport has ever seen.

Have to disagree here. I think he should play, and while I suppose it's a nice gesture to the TB organization, I think it's a little insulting to Wings fans. It's an alumni game; not like he'd be dressing for the WC itself.

The WC and all the festivities will be an epic event regardless. If he bows out it will dim the luster of the alumni game a little, but it isn't going to hurt the Wings or help the Bolts at all. No decent person in the TB organization or their fanbase would hold it against him if he plays. Whether he plays or not, he's still a former Red Wing. And I can't imagine he'd be so busy that he can't take a day off during the holidays to have some fun and give the multitude of adoring Wing fans a little treat. No good reason not to play, IMO.

When was the last time Yzerman skated? I remember a quote from him when he was in the WIngs front office and he said he hadn't put on a pair of skates once since his retirement. Don't forget that his knee was completely and utterly ****ed by the time he retired.

Not to mention he'd be totally embaressed by the heros welcome he'd get. Think of that applause that Gordie got when he played in the ASG at the Joe, thats the kind of thing that Stevies nightmares are made of ;)

I wonder what Toronto will look like? At the minimum, gotta have the following:

Sundin

Gilmour

Domi

Clark

Corson

Tucker

Roberts

Can pretty much guarantee Corson won't be there.

Borje Salming is in god-like shape, I bet he could still play. CuJo has been playing the alumni games for the Leafs this year. Brad May, too.

Nick Kypreos plays in the alumni game every year at the Winter Classic because he's played for just about every team that has ever played in it.

It's really hard for me to pick just 20-23 players.

I would want Yzerman and Fedorov for sure, which sucks because right now it seems as if neither of them want to play.

At some point you might just want to go with the classics: Yzerman-Shanahan, The Russian Five, The Grind Line, The Bruise Brothers with Kocur as the representative for both (RIP Bob Probert), The Production Line (however plausible), Mickey Redmond. Man I wish they could make two-three teams. Organizations like the Wings and Leafs can pull that off.

I've heard there is so much interest from past players that there may be two alumni games. The more the better!

When the teams played during the lockout, it was a great turnout. Marcel Dionne, Mickey, Johnny O, Dino, Burr, Fedyk. Don't know if the Mahovlich brothers still play, but it doesn't matter, whoever DOES play will make it a fantastic event.

Fedorov needs to come home. He needs to see that 99.9999% of the fans here still love him and would LOVE to see the #91 grace the Winged Wheel again! Ya, it may not be for the REAL Wings, but still. This is a shot to get back in the mix in some form and maybe, just maybe, get back to the hearts of ALL of the fans and get his number hung up next to Lidstrom's eventual banner. He knows it, the Wings know it, we all know it...he needs to be here and he could come along with Larionov and Kozlov.