• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Ovechkin hits Michalek

Rate this topic

Personally, I thought this hit from the same game was even worse:

I thought so too. Ovechkin's was overzealous and reckless as Kronwall's sometimes are, but Michalek's hit seemed much more egregious. If Ovechkin's going to be suspended, Michalek should be suspended as well and for more games.

Edited by edicius

I thought so too. Ovechkin's was overzealous and reckless as Kronwall's sometimes are, but Michalek's hit seemed much more egregious. If Ovechkin's going to be suspended, Michalek should be suspended as well and for more games.

Completely agree. That's is all.

Ovechkin's, no. Michalek's, yes (and the Capitals scored on the ensuing PP).

Ya, but did Michalek get 5 and a game misconduct? Geez! If Zetterberg's was worth 5 mins and a game, this guy should be up for manslaughter charges! This is why we ***** about the refs! Talk about injustice....

They can't suspend Ovechkin. NBC and ESPN wouldn't have anyone to talk about.

Crosby is going for his PAP SMEAR this week, they got plenty to talk about...

...besides, they only NOT suspend star's in the playoffs when they know the other team will go up 3 games to 0 if they allowed the suspension to stand and more than likely cause said team to lose to the other team AGAIN and then they couldn't jam said certain star players teammate and team down your throat like there is no other team to ever win the Stanley Cup in the world!

(Yes, still have hate for that. It was a BS call to rescind the penalty that would've have pretty much guaranteed our back to back Championships. This was one of the worst cases of the league controlling the outcome of a series that I have ever seen. No, there is no guarantee the Wings would've won it, but the NHL did what they did to guarantee they didn't repeat...)

:blink: Sorry, what was the topic again? :lol: BTW, I do wish the Caps would use that sweater all the time. Looks much better than the junk they wear now...

They can't suspend Ovechkin. NBC and ESPN wouldn't have anyone to talk about.

Incorrect. Eddie O still has the ability to bring up Jonathan Toews every 3 minutes of a broadcast doesn't he?

As to the topic though, I do expect that Ovechkin will at least get 5 games for this but it should be more given his history.

Not my words....which is why I'll put in quotes:

AO should be 3. Subtract 3 because he's AO, but add in 2 of those because of his non-elite status this year, so he doesn't have as much attention on him. Subtract 2 for Shanny idiocy and we're at 0. Add 1 because it was on NBC and we get 1... 1 game.

Ehh, whatever. Pretty much a shoulder to shoulder hit directly on the boards. Big hit, ohhh, yeah. A little late, maybe just a bit. However, it's professional freaking hockey. Getting into the minutia of every big hit just seems like it will ultimately end up changing the game via "new rules". The thing that I noticed, was Michalek immediately looks up at the refs looking for a call. Kind of lame. He got nailed and that's NHL hockey. The way this game was designed, he can always go hit Ovie back, challenge him to a fight, or have one of his teammates settle the score....why do we need someone in the head office to start regulating on ice play. The "prairie justice" element of hockey that has always naturally regulated itself on the ice, has always been something that I love about the game. Just saying.

My link

"It's NHL Hockey!!!...and you're bummed out because you got hit pretty good on the boards....go play intramurals brother!"

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

Ehh, whatever. Pretty much a shoulder to shoulder hit directly on the boards. Big hit, ohhh, yeah. A little late, maybe just a bit. However, it's professional freaking hockey. Getting into the minutia of every big hit just seems like it will ultimately end up changing the game via "new rules". The thing that I noticed, was Michalek immediately looks up at the refs looking for a call. Kind of lame. He got nailed and that's NHL hockey. The way this game was designed, he can always go hit Ovie back, challenge him to a fight, or have one of his teammates settle the score....why do we need someone in the head office to start regulating on ice play. The "prairie justice" element of hockey that has always naturally regulated itself on the ice, has always been something that I love about the game. Just saying.

My link

"It's NHL Hockey!!!...and you're bummed out because you got hit pretty good on the boards....go play intramurals brother!"

Shoulder to shoulder?