• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/23 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Slow start for Red Wings, it was all St.Louis for the first 10 minutes of the game. After the 10 minute mark of the 1st period it was all Red Wings. If the Red Wings can capitalize on this pp and continue to play how they ended the 1st, with out a question will win this game. Good thing Jimmy Howard is having a good game, score could be a lot worse if he didnt make some of the saves he made.

Guys, having an enforcer changes ABSOLUTELY nothing in this situation.

That fight wasn't to get the team charged up, Stuart was challenged because of his perfectly clean hit. If we had an enforcer do you think Stewart is going to politely ask to fight him instead?

Edited by hooon

I hope he will do something about that.

He'd better. This is the reason we signed him, when ******* like the Blues run around taking cheapshots and fighting non-fighters. Babs needs to let the dogs loose, we don't have much but we got a few guys who will throw down.

I agree, but lets be real GMR. Stewart came off the bench with the intention of fighting Stewie, even if we had Downs and he challenged Stewart he'd just turtle like a little *****.

f*** I love seeing Z have that kinda emotion, he needs a big winger on his line to pick up for him.

Except Stewart wouldn't run Stuart if we had a Downey on our team. Knowing he'd have to deal with an enforcer later, or that the enforcer would go after someone like Oshie or Pietrangelo in return.

He wouldn't have done that s***.

Words cannot describe how F@#$@#!$ annoying it is to see a fight break out after every time one of our players lays down a CLEAN hit.

Seriously, what is this crap??? Can anything be done about it? I'm sick of hardasses startin' fights cause their butt-buddy had their head down...

Guys, having an enforcer changes ABSOLUTELY nothing in this situation.

That fight wasn't to get the team charged up, Stuart was challenged because of his perfectly clean hit. If we had an enforcer do you think Stewart is going to politely ask to fight him instead?

Read my post above.

Oh and Zetterberg should run Backes into the boards.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Read my post above.

Zetterberg should run Backes into the boards.

I see what you're saying, but I still don't think it changes much about that play.

Would I like someone to beat the hell out of Stewart, though? Yes.

Words cannot describe how F@#$@#!$ annoying it is to see a fight break out after every time one of our players lays down a CLEAN hit.

Seriously, what is this crap??? Can anything be done about it? I'm sick of hardasses startin' fights cause their butt-buddy had their head down...

Maybe when Detroit stop using their moving screens or they actually stick up for each other. Just sayin, the Blues are not going to ice dance with the Wings and Babcock knew that before the game started. WHY do you think he is going ballistic on the bench.

Because its part of the code and thats how hockey works.

Yupp, and it really rots me that guys like Stewart, Backes and Jackman go against the code when they play Detroit because we don't have tough players. They would not do that to Dennis Seidenberg is he had hit Pieterangelo like that as an example.

Players have acted tough towards tough and weak teams since the NHL has existed.

The ability to react is different than the ability to prevent. One is quantifiable, the other isn't.

Look Socrate, we can go all over this argument... the fact is what it is, the other teams have no respect for us and that's it.