• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/23 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

You're not even a little ashamed that Howard gets pushed around every game, and he's the only Wing doing anything about it?

Other teams goalies (besides Buffalo) have other players to handle that role. Howard sounded pretty upset when he made that statement a few weeks ago about "being tired of being run" or something like that. Not much has changed since then.

Howard deserves more than this.

IMO that was on Babcock. That line shouldn't have been out in that situation. Abby, E, Commie, Bert, and Cleary are defensive enough and physical enough to handle the Blues players (that were out).

You're not even a little ashamed that Howard gets pushed around every game, and he's the only Wing doing anything about it?

Other teams goalies (besides Buffalo) have other players to handle that role. Howard sounded pretty upset when he made that statement a few weeks ago about "being tired of being run" or something like that. Not much has changed since then.

This, the wings need another crease clearer, as well as a forward or two who can really crash and bang and use his size to his advantage and crash the other teams net and muck it up down there (matt martin, Konopka, chris neil, kyle clifford there are plenty more)

He got punched in the face. What else would he have done? And what could the players on the ice have done differently? There were 6 Blues forwards one the ice and all of them had a Wing tied up, leaving the 6th guy on Howard.

I don't like that those were the players out there, but what exactly is Howard supposed to do differently when he gets suckere punched in the face?

He got punched in the face. What else would he have done? And what could the players on the ice have done differently? There were 6 Blues forwards one the ice and all of them had a Wing tied up, leaving the 6th guy on Howard.

I don't like that those were the players out there, but what exactly is Howard supposed to do differently when he gets suckere punched in the face?

Ummmm.......where was I criticizing anything Howard did?

Fixed. ;)

Honestly, no. The PP did it's job, but the Wings didn't back down. They could've phoned it in like they've done countless times before, but they stood up and hit St Louis in the mouth everytime they had too and won the game.

Guest irishock

Anyone else thinking Commie is finally playing pretty good. He's looking better and better imo. I guess that happens when you finally start to have ice time...

He should definitely get the nod over either Kindl or Ericsson imo

lol I just read some posts from letsgoblues. Wow, they are delusional... pulling out the 'Dead Wings/Things' name. Really? We've been to the playoffs 21 straight years I believe? Won 4 cups during that span and made the finals 5 times. What the f*** have they done? I'll tell you what they did do, they watched Pronger miss a hit on Stevie Y and separate his shoulder in the process. They watched Stevie Y score in double ot of game 7.

Blues fans, f*** off. Your team is little brother, we're big brother. s*** isn't going to change, and when Franzen, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg are gone we'll have more core players to own you for the 3rd decade in a row.

/Endrant

Lot of bitching about a lack of response to the Howard scuffle at the end there. Overall I think this game was a perfect example of why the Wings DON'T need another tough guy. They matched the Blues toughness PERFECTLY - the only difference was the Blues took stupid penalties and the Wings didn't. The final scuffle was fine by me. I don't mind seeing Howard stand up for himself - everyone else was tied up anyways.

Anyways, it was a really fun game to watch. I was impressed with the effort tonight.

Anyone else thinking Commie is finally playing pretty good. He's looking better and better imo. I guess that happens when you finally start to have ice time...

Very solid, looks better than E or Kindl out there. Hope he plays until he plays himself out of the lineup, he will be huge for us in the playoffs.

I'm not sure finally is a good word here. He's been a '+' player every single game he's played in....exactly what you ask for from a stay-at-home defensemen. I'd definitely play him more.

Blues took two unnecessary penalties (Stewart and Colaiacovo) after clean hits by Wings and both times the power play scored. Losing your cool loses games.

137617886_slide.jpg

137619540_slide.jpg

NHL.com Photo Gallery

THE CENTRAL DIVISION LOGJAM

TEAM GP W-L-OT P L10 STREAK

DET 49 33-15-1 67 8-2-0 WON 7

STL 48 29-13-6 64 8-1-1 LOST 1

CHI 49 29-14-6 64 5-3-2 LOST 1

NSH 49 29-16-4 62 8-2-0 WON 3

1/23

STL @ DET 1-3

CLB @ NSH 1-4

Edited by P. Marlowe

Guest irishock

lol I just read some posts from letsgoblues. Wow, they are delusional... pulling out the 'Dead Wings/Things' name. Really? We've been to the playoffs 21 straight years I believe? Won 4 cups during that span and made the finals 5 times. What the f*** have they done? I'll tell you what they did do, they watched Pronger miss a hit on Stevie Y and separate his shoulder in the process. They watched Stevie Y score in double ot of game 7.

Blues fans, f*** off. Your team is little brother, we're big brother. s*** isn't going to change, and when Franzen, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg are gone we'll have more core players to own you for the 3rd decade in a row.

/Endrant

Careful mate, Cprice12 will come in and tell you how great their team is and all that. The Blues are a very respectable franchise and will be dominant for the foreseeable future. The Blues play with discipline, hard work and passion for the game.

/Endrant

What were they complaining about?

Officiating?

Lot of bitching about a lack of response to the Howard scuffle at the end there. Overall I think this game was a perfect example of why the Wings DON'T need another tough guy. They matched the Blues toughness PERFECTLY - the only difference was the Blues took stupid penalties and the Wings didn't. The final scuffle was fine by me. I don't mind seeing Howard stand up for himself - everyone else was tied up anyways.

Anyways, it was a really fun game to watch. I was impressed with the effort tonight.

+1

When you put in commitment, good things come out of it. He seems like he really wants to get back to playing proper hockey. Hopefully he can turn in to a top 4 if Stuart ends up leaving to LA.

Careful mate, Cprice12 will come in and tell you how great their team is and all that. The Blues are a very respectable franchise and will be dominant for the foreseeable future. The Blues play with discipline, hard work and passion for the game.

The Blues don't have enough skill to make a playoff run.

They play too conservative and boring. It may have worked with the 1999 Stars, but Hitchcock won't duplicate it with these young pricks.

From HFboards

mAw8l.png

So he puts Hudler and Filppula out there to wrestle with Stewart and Backes, and he's laughing about it?

Strange reaction.

Edited by GMRwings1983

What were they complaining about?

Officiating?

Every play was interference to them and we just get calls because we're the Red Wings lmao. Seriously go ***** some more Blues fans; cry me a freakin' river.

The Blues are an overachieving team, I don't think they will be good for years to come there's a reason why Hitchcock doesn't last long as a head coach. Eventually their game plan won't work and he'll be chased out like everywhere else.

They're too young, inexperienced, low scoring, and hot headed to keep pace with us. We'll increase our gap toward the end, book it!

Guest Crymson

IMO that was on Babcock. That line shouldn't have been out in that situation. Abby, E, Commie, Bert, and Cleary are defensive enough and physical enough to handle the Blues players (that were out).

At the end of the game, with an empty net, he's going to put his best defensive players on the ice.