j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

jimmyf****** howard
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#362 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:04 PM

Howard: "Some guy came in and punched me and I'm not gonna have that, I don't care who you are I'm gonna respond"

My god, this kid is the real deal. Fantastic

Sad thing is that he needs to respond.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#363 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Howard: "Some guy came in and punched me and I'm not gonna have that, I don't care who you are I'm gonna respond"

My god, this kid is the real deal. Fantastic

except he should be the last one to "respond".

agree with GMR, dont know what babcock was thinking having the softest guys out there at the end.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#364 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

Great game.

Suck it, Blues.

If the league wants to protect goalies, 1-game for Petrangelo for the punch on Jimmy Howard.

Agreed with the first two, not the last statement, thats hockey drive to the net hard and go for the puck, if anything a 2 min penalty would suffice

Thank god Fil was out there to help him out...

anyway good game tonight exciting to watch, just need a sharks win, and ill win some money :siren:

Edited by cnot19, 23 January 2012 - 10:07 PM.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#365 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:06 PM

I dont know about the rest of you but I'll take composure, team toughness, push back and PP goals all day long over the dumb bull s*** that cost the Blues the game tonight.

Yeah, that last penalty by the Blues was inexcusable.

#366 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

I dont know about the rest of you but I'll take composure, team toughness, push back and PP goals all day long over the dumb bull s*** that cost the Blues the game tonight.

You're not even a little ashamed that Howard gets pushed around every game, and he's the only Wing doing anything about it?

Other teams goalies (besides Buffalo) have other players to handle that role. Howard sounded pretty upset when he made that statement a few weeks ago about "being tired of being run" or something like that. Not much has changed since then.

Howard deserves more than this.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#367 Datsyuk4Life

Datsyuk4Life

Prospect

• 32 posts

Watching this game makes me excited for playoffs, the game had the playoff instensity and the playoff type of play. Defense first, offense second. Defense and special teams were a huge part on how the game was won today. Great Job wings! Now go to Montreak and show them that they dont own the game!

#368 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

What a game. Every single Blues game is a grind. And Jimmy has beenf****** unbelievable the entire year.

bringit.jpg

#369 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

One of the best wins for our team this season. Greatf****** game.

#370 Crveni

Crveni

Prospect

• 36 posts

When you act like a filthy *****, you are a filthy *****.
And when you are a filthy *****, you get to suck it.

Now, suck it blues.
Just suck it.

Red Wing 'till I die.

#371 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Sad thing is that he needs to respond.

Pretty much.

His job is to stop shots, not to fight back after he gets run. Other guys should handle that s***.

#372 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

except he should be the last one to "respond".

agree with GMR, dont know what babcock was thinking having the softest guys out there at the end.

Ron Hextall attacked Chris Chelios in an enforcer like fashion back in the day, Jimmy doesn't need any help. I agree it was stupid to have Z's line and Lidstrom on the ice when you know that St Louis are just going to goon it up. The fireworks would've been better if Ericsson, Commie, Bert and Abby had been out there with Howard. But I just love the kids guts, he's got the heart of a lion and he wears it on his sleeve. We need some more of that, but for tonight, I'm damn proud of the way the Wings responded to the Blues antics.

#NOMOREKINDL

#373 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

What a sweet win. Now where is that cprice whiner?

#374 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Excellent win tonight, would like to see Ericsson, Commodore, or Abby drop the gloves for Howard, but that's the nature of the wings play. Terrific game by Helm.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan, 23 January 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#375 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Here's to hoping Babcock puts out the proper line at the end of next game so it doesn't ruin the GDT celebration!

#376 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Ron Hextall attacked Chris Chelios in an enforcer like fashion back in the day, Jimmy doesn't need any help. I agree it was stupid to have Z's line and Lidstrom on the ice when you know that St Louis are just going to goon it up. The fireworks would've been better if Ericsson, Commie, Bert and Abby had been out there with Howard. But I just love the kids guts, he's got the heart of a lion and he wears it on his sleeve. We need some more of that, but for tonight, I'm damn proud of our powerplay.

Fixed. ;)

#377 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Best game of the year for me. Howie and pavs are unbelievable

#378 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Here's to hoping Babcock puts out the proper line at the end of next game so it doesn't ruin the GDT celebration!

:lol:

#379 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

You're not even a little ashamed that Howard gets pushed around every game, and he's the only Wing doing anything about it?

Other teams goalies (besides Buffalo) have other players to handle that role. Howard sounded pretty upset when he made that statement a few weeks ago about "being tired of being run" or something like that. Not much has changed since then.

IMO that was on Babcock. That line shouldn't have been out in that situation. Abby, E, Commie, Bert, and Cleary are defensive enough and physical enough to handle the Blues players (that were out).

#380 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

This, the wings need another crease clearer, as well as a forward or two who can really crash and bang and use his size to his advantage and crash the other teams net and muck it up down there (matt martin, Konopka, chris neil, kyle clifford there are plenty more)
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!