• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/23 GDT : Blues 1 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

LOL. There wasn't one last game was there; just the Stewart ban from the one before?

Ian Cole got 3 games or so for the head shot on Abdelkader. Some people say it was as much of a penalty as Datsyuk's elbow to Jackman's head should have been a penalty.

Guest irishock

May the better team win.

Good luck fellas (but not too much).

I wonder which Blues player Shanny will decide to suspend for sneezing on a Wing player this time? ;)

Yeah and who knows, maybe the kings of OTL's get a point tonight.

I might have to miss the first two periods of this one as well... I have a once a week late class on Mondays but I might be able to sneak out early. It should be another close game so I'll stick with the recent trend and say 3-2 Wings. In regulation though.

Guest irishock

I would say the "King" of OT loses are the KINGS =) with 10.

Yeah but St. Louis clearly grinds out games to OT with scores like 1-1 and low SOG's. And their fans expect that kind of games to work in the playoffs.

TV without sound sucks. Trust me, I've thought about it. I know where to watch online for the FSD feed, but I pay $200/yr to watch the games on my TV dammit!

Understandable...the only reason I pay for Directv is to have FSN for my Wings, otherwise I could live with an antenna. Maybe you'll get lucky and they'll have better announcers tonight, they do seem to alternate occasionally.

I have Center Ice and have heard all the commentators around NHL (different FS sports channels and Canadian ones.)

Nobody, and I mean nobody comes close to Mickey, Ken, and Larry.

The color of voice, the manner in which they speak, the chemistry, the humor, and fair lack of political correctness.

We often talk and discuss about our players - who will go and who will stay, who should we bring, and who will we bring.

I want to take a moment and express my desire for Red Wings broadcasting trio to stay together for a long, long time.

Because I absolutely love listening to them.

The only weak link is John Keating. Deliberate pauses in his speech are unbearable to me.

However, you only get to hear him during the introduction, intermission, and post-game periods.

Personally, I will gladly put up with him if it means keeping our aforementioned golden trio.

That said, f*** Eddie Olczyk.

Despite Center Ice, tonight I am watching online, since I do not live in Michigan, and the FSD feed is blacked out.

Time to kick the blues away.

Red Wing 'till I die.

Yeah but St. Louis clearly grinds out games to OT with scores like 1-1 and low SOG's. And their fans expect that kind of games to work in the playoffs.

The reason they have 6 OT losses is because they can't score in the shootout.

For whatever flukey reason, they only have 2 shootout goals this year.

The reason they have 6 OT losses is because they can't score in the shootout.

For whatever flukey reason, they only have 2 shootout goals this year.

Ya that is strange with some of the players they have on the team....BUT if your goalie would stop more than the other guy, you wouldn't have that problem. But hey, at least there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs...

May the better team win.

Good luck fellas (but not too much).

I wonder which Blues player Shanny will decide to suspend for sneezing on a Wing player this time? ;)

Your massive inferiority complex is flattering.

Huge game for both clubs, I've been looking forward to this match up since new year's eve haha. It seems like every game against the Blues this season is really exciting, hoping to see that keep up tonight as well. Here's to a good game between two good teams.

Red Wings 4 (Datsyuk, Bertuzzi, Kronwall, Filppula)

Blues 2

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Let it be known, if you live in Michigan the game is on FSN D+, otherwise enjoy your HD with NBC Sports Network aka Versus. I absolutely hate watching games on FSN D+, apparently they don't offer it in HD in Howell.