• Please log in to reply
517 replies to this topic

#401 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

IMO that was on Babcock. That line shouldn't have been out in that situation. Abby, E, Commie, Bert, and Cleary are defensive enough and physical enough to handle the Blues players (that were out).

At the end of the game, with an empty net, he's going to put his best defensive players on the ice.

#402 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

Kind of off-topic, but GMRwings1983, I was convinced your avatar was of Voldemort. Clearly mistaken.

#403 zztop40

zztop40

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

^^ I'm pretty sure that wasn't a playoff game

Yes, you were right!
If this link works, I believe this is Howard/Crosby (03/22/10)

Edited by zztop40, 23 January 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#404 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

someone needs to challenge jackass

Someone needs to run over him with really rusty skates.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#405 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

There is so much crying going on over at the Blues board. They are convinced that the NBC announcers are in love with the Red Wings, that Stuart should be suspended for his hit, and that Howard instigated the fight at the end.
Also that Helm should have had a penalty when Carlo got called, and that Franzen's goal should have been discounted.

#406 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:36 PM

It's great to see hockey like this after games against the likes of Coytoes and Blow Jobets. I'm very happy that Blues are finally competitive.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#407 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

There is so much crying going on over at the Blues board. They are convinced that the NBC announcers are in love with the Red Wings, that Stuart should be suspended for his hit, and that Howard instigated the fight at the end.
Also that Helm should have had a penalty when Carlo got called, and that Franzen's goal should have been discounted.

Bunch of whiners. I read it too, honestly they're not on our level yet they haven't done s***. They have no right to call us Dead Wings. Go win 4 cups and come back and talk that noise blues fans.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#408 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

I enjoyed this game. It was hard-fought, physical and there was bad blood. This reminded me of those games between these teams from ten years ago. When the Blues would start to lose, they'd get all sore and start gooning it up. The Blues had tougher teams than Detroit back then but there were some memorable scraps. I loved the response to the physical play from the Wings tonight. This was a good win for the Wings. Their schedule will be friendly down the stretch as they play a home-heavy remainder while their rivals are mostly on the road from here on out.

Best moment of the game was when the JLA music guy played, "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues" during the scrum in front of Howard.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#409 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

DS is part of the "B" team, in a sense. I have always liked him.

+

Agreed. I am no Pierre fan, but he doesn't bother me really. Its amazing how much more tolerable this team is than the Doc/Edzo/Pierre one.

+

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#410 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

NHL OFFENSIVE LEADERS

E. Malkin (PIT) 58
C. Giroux (PHI) 55
P. Datsyuk (DET) 53
S. Stamkos (TBL) 52
J. Lupul (TOR) 52

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#411 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

That was a good ol' hockey game boy! Were they chanting jimmys name at the joe tonite I couldnt hear it if they were?
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#412 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

I really like this team, we have it all this year. NBC pointed out how gritty we are this year, and I agree. Lots of sand paper, as they call it, on this team. We're far from soft, as some people here think.

I think the two straight 2nd round exits are going to help this year in the playoffs. We're more rested.

Anyway, great game!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#413 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

ericsson standing around like a little puppy dog

why the f*** isn't he getting in there bashing some skulls

Ericsson is playing better with every game and using his body more. He's doing fine, thankyouverymuch. <_<

I'm sorry, I'm must be having trouble seeing, because it looks to me like the big tough Blues have pissy pants when the Wings hit too hard.

:thumbup:

#414 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

I was going to post something funny in retort, but I realized in my attempt that their whining was actually a lot more comedic than what I had planned.

#415 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

I dont know about the rest of you but I'll take composure, team toughness, push back and PP goals all day long over the dumb bull s*** that cost the Blues the game tonight.

AMEN. Keep up the class act, boys. :clap:

#416 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Anyone else thinking Commie is finally playing pretty good. He's looking better and better imo. I guess that happens when you finally start to have ice time...

Finally? Commodore has been solid the whole season, despite his ice time.

#417 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

I was at the game tonight, and it was a great game to watch after the first 10 minutes.

- Pavel was the best player on the ice... every shift he was creating harvoc.
- Nick was a very close 2nd to pavs out there... he was genius defensively, shooting the puck well, knocking pucks out of the air, and bbroke up a 2 on 1 in the 3rd which I consider a game saving play
- Jimmy Howard was outstanding again... love the way he got into it at the end

With those positives, I was very disappointed with the Zetterberg line. Hudler could NOT control the puck tonight, and Hank seems afraid to go to the dirty areas to score goals. More than anything, Hank really needs to get going.

Overall great game by the Wings

#418 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Lot of bitching about a lack of response to the Howard scuffle at the end there. Overall I think this game was a perfect example of why the Wings DON'T need another tough guy. They matched the Blues toughness PERFECTLY - the only difference was the Blues took stupid penalties and the Wings didn't. The final scuffle was fine by me. I don't mind seeing Howard stand up for himself - everyone else was tied up anyways.

Anyways, it was a really fun game to watch. I was impressed with the effort tonight.

And THIS one, too. :)

#419 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I was at the game tonight, and it was a great game to watch after the first 10 minutes.

- Pavel was the best player on the ice... every shift he was creating harvoc.
- Nick was a very close 2nd to pavs out there... he was genius defensively, shooting the puck well, knocking pucks out of the air, and bbroke up a 2 on 1 in the 3rd which I consider a game saving play
- Jimmy Howard was outstanding again... love the way he got into it at the end

With those positives, I was very disappointed with the Zetterberg line. Hudler could NOT control the puck tonight, and Hank seems afraid to go to the dirty areas to score goals. More than anything, Hank really needs to get going.

Overall great game by the Wings

:thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#420 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:02 PM

JIMMMMMMAY!
Posted Image