• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Hemsky : Knee on knee hit

Rate this topic

I saw the replay was somewhat distracted, but looked dirty with the look i got (wasnt very clear had it streamed and wasnt paying much attention) Hemsky normally isnt that type guy, but unfortunate that Burns didnt return, never want to see someone get injured

would like to see a replay

Edited by cnot19

Check out Hemsky's comment on the situation at 0:10.

TSN.ca

"I tried to go down the wall and it was just a reaction play," Burns said. "It didn't feel too good on my part. I knew it wasn't good right away. I thought I was going to throw up.

"I don't know how bad it is yet. It happens. It's a quick game. I've been on the other end of these. It happens so quick. It's not his fault."

Hemsky was given a kneeing major on the play.

"I don't think I am a dirty player," Hemsky said. "I hope for the guy. I hope he is OK. You never want to hurt anybody."
Edited by P. Marlowe

looks very much like classic knee on knee. I'm all for Shanny making this an example suspension.

frankly, there has been enough injuries because of such hits in 2 recent seasons...

How can you call that malicious in any way? Hemsky is not even looking up, he's staring at the puck on the boards the whole time!

...Man you guys made it seem a lot worse than what I just witnessed >.>

Yea I thought it was going to be a really bad hit... but that looked not nearly as bad. I would be surprised if he got a suspension as it wasn't that egregious.

The whole repeat offender thing is proving to weigh heavy on decisions.

I don't think so. It didn't look all that bad to me. The classic knee on knee playing is when a playing is coming down with speed and makes a move where the defender sticks his leg out in reaction to that. I didn't see that at all here, Hemsky looks to be going for the puck with his head down, didn't move his leg out from what I can tell....looks like Burns is the only one that moved a leg. Hemsky would have had to jump out of the way to avoid contact.

Unfortunate that Burns is hurt - but no chance in hell Hemsky did that intentionally. He was following the puck the entire time and he didn't throw his leg out there. Incidental contact in a very vulnerable position. What is more shocking is that Burns got hurt and Hemsky didnt.

Guest Crymson

When a Det - Edm trade proposal including Hemsky was posted on HFBoards recently, the first response was (from an Oilers fan) "What? Is their team doctor getting bored or something?"

When a Det - Edm trade proposal including Hemsky was posted on HFBoards recently, the first response was (from an Oilers fan) "What? Is their team doctor getting bored or something?"

Finally worked out where your avatar is from. Bloody hell that's obscure...a Norwiegen sketch show mocking the Danish Language. Good sketch!

PS Hit was accidental as Hemsky isn't even looking. Dirt knee hitters rarely think they shouldn't even get a penalty.