• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

Props to the DJ at the Joe

Rate this topic

For a long time ive loved the music they play at wings game, and the timing of some of the songs. Just wanted to see if anybody gets as geeked as I do about it.

Last night for example he played "I guess thats why the called it the blues" which was some of the funniest s*** ever. And the "All I do is win" song after the victories is great. And Kronwalls goal song "I cant drive, 55" is another great one.

What are some your favs?

(sorry for poor paragraph structure, as I am still wildly hungover from the game last night)

I do love the classic feel of the songs at the Joe. "I guess that's why they call it the Blues" last night was awesome. The timeless BJ Piano Man "It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday.." snippet played each time there is a game on Saturday is great. I throughly enjoy the fact that the Joe does not have a goal song, but instead "ABC" for 3 goals scored and beginning of "Matter of Trust" for 4 goals scored. I'm also not so sure of anywhere else that routinely plays "The Good Ol Hockey Game" and "I Wanna Drive the Zamboni."

That all being said, am I the only one who wants Don't Stop Believin' to die? Not just at the Joe, all Detroit sporting events. Its time is done. It was cool for a while. Not it's just awful. Where is South Detroit? That's right, Windsor. I used to like Don't Stop Believin' when I was growing up, and now its overplay and national promotion through Glee and other avenues has basically ruined it for me. Great song, just keep it away from my home team's sports stadiums. Even Rick Perry from Journey knows he blew it. My link

On an overall standpoint though, yes. Good job JLA Music Crew.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the Joe. I've always associated the song with the Wings, everyone else is just ripping us off. Also, who cares about the whole "South Detroit" thing? He put it in because it sounds good in the song. Detroit has a south... it's the riverwalk, Ren Cen, etc... just deal with it and enjoy :)

The Shanahan Jig will forever be one of my favorite player-specific tunes.

I do love the classic feel of the songs at the Joe. "I guess that's why they call it the Blues" last night was awesome. The timeless BJ Piano Man "It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday.." snippet played each time there is a game on Saturday is great. I throughly enjoy the fact that the Joe does not have a goal song, but instead "ABC" for 3 goals scored and beginning of "Matter of Trust" for 4 goals scored. I'm also not so sure of anywhere else that routinely plays "The Good Ol Hockey Game" and "I Wanna Drive the Zamboni."

That all being said, am I the only one who wants Don't Stop Believin' to die? Not just at the Joe, all Detroit sporting events. Its time is done. It was cool for a while. Not it's just awful. Where is South Detroit? That's right, Windsor. I used to like Don't Stop Believin' when I was growing up, and now its overplay and national promotion through Glee and other avenues has basically ruined it for me. Great song, just keep it away from my home team's sports stadiums. Even Rick Perry from Journey knows he blew it. My link

On an overall standpoint though, yes. Good job JLA Music Crew.

I agree on all points, except your opinion of Don't Stop Believing. I wasn't big on it myself, but after singing along live at the end of game 7 versus the Ducks a few years ago, I wouldn't want to hear any other song played just before a win.

I'm also not so sure of anywhere else that routinely plays "The Good Ol Hockey Game" and "I Wanna Drive the Zamboni."

That all being said, am I the only one who wants Don't Stop Believin' to die?

I wish they would go back to "The Good ol hockey game" for the after victory song.

Hate Don't Stop Believin'.....HATE IT. Cheap "South Detroit" Pop.

As far as goal songs, I know we have a bunch, but they seem to be playing that "The Whip" song a lot now :thumbdown: . Wish they would go back to "Get ready for this".....grew up with it; love it.

The DJ at the Joe has always been spot on with music, IMO.

Cleary's former goal song, "I Can See Clearly Now". I Can't Drive 55 for Kronner. The Shanahan Washer Woman jig. "Let It Be" from the Beatles during a goal review, or "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes after a bad call. Even playing the Carmina Burana before a pivotal power play or penalty kill. And I love when they play Journey at the end of the game.

And everyone remember this gem?

The song playing during the replay? "I Believe I Can Fly". CLASSIC.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the Joe. I've always associated the song with the Wings, everyone else is just ripping us off. Also, who cares about the whole "South Detroit" thing? He put it in because it sounds good in the song. Detroit has a south... it's the riverwalk, Ren Cen, etc... just deal with it and enjoy :)

The Shanahan Jig will forever be one of my favorite player-specific tunes.

I could be wrong, but I associate DSB originally when the Chi White Sox used it during the World Series Championship run of 2005. I know it's not hockey, but..

I wish they would go back to "The Good ol hockey game" for the after victory song.

Hate Don't Stop Believin'.....HATE IT. Cheap "South Detroit" Pop.

As far as goal songs, I know we have a bunch, but they seem to be playing that "The Whip" song a lot now :thumbdown: . Wish they would go back to "Get ready for this".....grew up with it; love it.

I love Journey and Don't Stop Believin'. Especially the South Detroit part.

That aside, I think they only play the chorus from 'All I Do is Win' and then go into 'The Good Ol' Hockey Game'.

The DJ at the Joe has always been spot on with music, IMO.

Cleary's former goal song, "I Can See Clearly Now". I Can't Drive 55 for Kronner. The Shanahan Washer Woman jig. "Let It Be" from the Beatles during a goal review, or "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes after a bad call. Even playing the Carmina Burana before a pivotal power play or penalty kill. And I love when they play Journey at the end of the game.

And everyone remember this gem?

The song playing during the replay? "I Believe I Can Fly". CLASSIC.

They also played it last night when one of the blues players went flying into the goal post. that was one i forgot to mention.

im not one to get all mushy on classical songs, but that is some powerful s***.

I like the timing of certain songs but the overall song selection sucks IMO. Well it does not really suck anymore its ok but it used to be really bad 3 or 4 years ago. Sad to say Pit plays the best songs in the league if you like metal.

I wish Detroit rock city would get played more.

Yeah I agree. Do you still play it before puck drop? Whenever I hear that on the radio I get all pumped thinking of when I was sitting in the Joe my first and only game so excited.

I like the timing of certain songs but the overall song selection sucks IMO. Well it does not really suck anymore its ok but it used to be really bad 3 or 4 years ago. Sad to say Pit plays the best songs in the league if you like metal.

I agree with everything you just said.

Seems to be a lot of techno at the Joe these days. Which is fine because it at least has a beat and some pump-up value versus a random motown song. But Pittsburgh does seem to have the best arena music I have heard.

I hate this song because it is the Leafs goal song... for every leaf goal.

Yeah I agree. Do you still play it before puck drop? Whenever I hear that on the radio I get all pumped thinking of when I was sitting in the Joe my first and only game so excited.

They play it every now and again.

And yeah Pittsburgh does have the best, but its hard to beat lions games song selection if you like metal. I have a feeling Schwartz has a say in the matter, when youre banging your head to slayer during a game its pretty awesome haha