• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Din758

Props to the DJ at the Joe

Rate this topic

Was at the Joe last month, and from what I recall there was a fair amount of techno being played.

I think this was 1 of the tunes played

they don't play that much techno, or dubstep or whatever that stuff is called. But they play that song normally before every first faceoff of the game at JLA. Atleast from every game i've been to recently and watched on tv. "put ya hands up for detroitttttttt areeeeeeeee you readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" faceoff.

The DJ is a Deadmau5 & Skrillex fan, which is a nice change up to all the classics songs mentioned throughout this thread, I think he does a pretty good job catering to a wide audience, nobody is coming to the Joe to hear the music, so of course everyone feels differently

love it when they play living on a prayer when we win our second game of a playoff series "oh oh were half way there"

he's so fine when we had Robert Lang "du lang du lang du lang"

always love sweet caroline and journey always gives me chills in the playoffs when the crowd takes over.

I noticed he was taking requests, never noticed that before. At any rate, I don't much care for generic techno music, but it seems to be necessary for modern sport events. I love the classic rock, but I think the DJ needs to do a better job of picking good songs, not just songs that happen to have a relevant lyric.

Also, as much as I love "Don't Stop Believing" I think it should be reserved for special occasions. When the crowd started singing it in Game 6 or 7 of the San Jose series, that was special, I got chills. Hearing people sing it when the Wings are up 3-1 in a regular season game...not so special.

Also, I loved the old Detroit Rock City intro...didn't notice it during the Buffalo game, did he stop using that?

Sweet Caroline is a good way to end a win, though. Totally unrelated and not a very "sportsy" song, but it's a happy song and when the crowd starts singing it it puts a smile on my face.

I also noticed at the Buffalo game he played two Black Keys songs, both of which I immediately thought "sports anthem" when I heard them on the album...even though they're not sports songs. (Lonely Boy and Gold on the Ceiling) They didn't seem very loud when he played them, though. Gold on the Ceiling especially would be a good song to use prominently mid-game or something.

Edited by VM1138

Guest Crymson

The DJ at the Joe has always been spot on with music, IMO.

Cleary's former goal song, "I Can See Clearly Now". I Can't Drive 55 for Kronner. The Shanahan Washer Woman jig. "Let It Be" from the Beatles during a goal review, or "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes after a bad call. Even playing the Carmina Burana before a pivotal power play or penalty kill. And I love when they play Journey at the end of the game.

And everyone remember this gem?

The song playing during the replay? "I Believe I Can Fly". CLASSIC.

He played the same song last night after Backes went flying over Howard.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing "Don't Stop Believin'" at the Joe. I've always associated the song with the Wings, everyone else is just ripping us off. Also, who cares about the whole "South Detroit" thing? He put it in because it sounds good in the song. Detroit has a south... it's the riverwalk, Ren Cen, etc... just deal with it and enjoy :)

The Shanahan Jig will forever be one of my favorite player-specific tunes.

AAAAAMEN brotha!!! And of course the riverwalk takes you right to the Joe, so how apropo ;)

The best version of Don't Stop Believin' I have attended had to probably be Game 6 against the Sharks, probably the 2nd most electric crowd I have been apart of in my whole life. 2nd only to the '02 Cup clincher. I like the high energy stuff like the Breaking Benjamin or Rise Against they play to get things going. Gets me ready to see some big hits and all that....but I have always been a fan of even the old favorites like 'Can't Wait one Minute More' by CIV.

Do they still play "Feels Like The First Time" by Foriegner when a rookie scores his first goal? I know they used to. I think the DJ they have at the Joe is pretty decent.

They did when Emmerton scored his first, last year against Chicago. I was at that game. Emmer's goal was the only bright spot in an otherwise DISMAL game. 4-1 Chicago, I think. Emmer scored the first goal of the game, and it was all Chicago after that.