• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Not sure if this has been posted but I just saw that because Ovie is "suspended" he shoudn't go to the allstar game? Has this ever been an issue before?. After reading the article it left me feeling like he's kinda being a baby about it, like Im taking my ball and going home sorta stuff, but oh well I wonder who his replacement will be?

Linky: http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Kinda posted, atleast getting into debate about it here: http://www.letsgowin...-suspend-toews/

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 lil Wing's fan

lil Wing's fan

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

Maybe he's a little embarrassed or something but I can't understand why he would not go he seems to love stuff like that....He's usually has the biggest smile anyways.

#4 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

Maybe he feels that since he was suspended he shouldn't be there. Or he feels that it is dumb for him to be there since he isn't very good this year.

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy. (Jordin Tootoo, wish granted)

#5 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Suspend him!!!!
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#6 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:54 AM

Has OttawaGhost on YouTube made fun of him for this yet?

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

He sounds like a baby.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:55 AM

He sounds like a baby.

I have to say, I have similar impression of his interview. am not Ovie's hater, I actually always liked this kid,but his body language during whole interview leaves you with an impression that he just doesn't care and wants to show how hurt his feelings are, so "just screw yourself NHL"...

he has a point, that beings suspended he should probably avoid controversy and sit down away from mediato not generate negative coverage for the NHL during the prime time for the league...

on the side note... it's not like he has to speak with Sheriff Shanny about the reasoning. the video with explanationis available on NHL.com, just watch it and learn what is exactly that the league does not want you to do any more.period. you're here to play hockey, the league is responsible for setting and enforcing the rules.

Edited by akustyk, 25 January 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#9 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:52 AM

He seems needy; since Mr.Boudreau isn't their anymore to embarrass, he now feels the need to embarass himself.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#10 hockey&beer

hockey&beer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

The way I see it, he shouldn't have even come out and said anything. The league should have told him he couldn't go. He's suspended, that's what that means. If he hadn't declined to go and the league allowed him to participate, I would be screaming BS with the suspensions of Pavs and Nick. Maybe, just maybe, someone asked Ovie to backout so the league wouldn't have to take a stand and tell one of it's most exciting players to stay home.
"Matt Moulson... he would get more air time if he was Matt Labatt." Ken Daniels

#11 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

Posted Image

Possible site for a Winter Classic Game?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.