• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Ovie Backs out of Allstar game

Rate this topic

Not sure if this has been posted but I just saw that because Ovie is "suspended" he shoudn't go to the allstar game? Has this ever been an issue before?. After reading the article it left me feeling like he's kinda being a baby about it, like Im taking my ball and going home sorta stuff, but oh well I wonder who his replacement will be?

Linky: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=613450&navid=DL|NHL|home

He sounds like a baby.

I have to say, I have similar impression of his interview. am not Ovie's hater, I actually always liked this kid,but his body language during whole interview leaves you with an impression that he just doesn't care and wants to show how hurt his feelings are, so "just screw yourself NHL"...

he has a point, that beings suspended he should probably avoid controversy and sit down away from mediato not generate negative coverage for the NHL during the prime time for the league...

on the side note... it's not like he has to speak with Sheriff Shanny about the reasoning. the video with explanationis available on NHL.com, just watch it and learn what is exactly that the league does not want you to do any more.period. you're here to play hockey, the league is responsible for setting and enforcing the rules.

Edited by akustyk

The way I see it, he shouldn't have even come out and said anything. The league should have told him he couldn't go. He's suspended, that's what that means. If he hadn't declined to go and the league allowed him to participate, I would be screaming BS with the suspensions of Pavs and Nick. Maybe, just maybe, someone asked Ovie to backout so the league wouldn't have to take a stand and tell one of it's most exciting players to stay home.