• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 7

Rate this topic

Kindl showed tonight he should not be in over Commodore. Provides no toughness, fumbles the puck under pressure, and is getting Ericsson like with the penalties.

But other then that everyone played good :thumbup: ... :lol: Hope the Wings enjoy the all star break.

Well clearly the Wings didn't show up tonight. I am not going to make a huge deal about it because we were without Nick so I was expected an ugly game. But here is what I think for after the all star break...

- Kenny needs to make a move at the deadline... something is missing on this wings team

- I am thrilled that Babs has moved Pavs and Hank together this game (I want this to continue because Hank and Fil and Huds have been really flat lately)

With this team I think the lines should be :

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi (Hank has been terrible- - to his standards- - this season. IMO if he is not going then this team will not go all the way in the playoffs. The only way to get him going is to stick him with Pavs, who is playing at an elite level. I also want to keep Bert on Pavs line because he has been playing wonderful with him and I think he would compliment that line)

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (Franzen and Fil work together well and Hudler has been playing well with Fil)

Miller- Helm- Cleary

Homer- Abs- Eaves (when eaves is back)

Lidstrom- White

Kronwall- Stuart

Ericcson- Commridore

- Nick and White have been arguably the best duo in the league

- Kronners and Stu, except tonight, have been a nice 2nd set of D for us

- I find Ericsson plays much better with Comi

- More than anything though, I think it is imperative that Hank and Pavel play together

Guest Crymson

Someone mentioned the 11-0 Patrick Roy farewell game. Have we beaten Montreal since then? I sure can't remember it - seems like we're on a long losing streak against them.

Err... yeah.

In 2010, the Wings won 3-2 at JLA. In 2007, the Wings won 4-1 in Montreal.

Some frustration I can understand, but comments like this take it too far.

Can't wait for playoffs. At least then Smith will see some ice time. A lot of the roster decisions that are frustrating people are sort of forced on the team by regular season rules and whatnot, but once we can move people up and down I fully expect to see at least Smith up here for some games.

Can't wait for playoffs. At least then Smith will see some ice time. A lot of the roster decisions that are frustrating people are sort of forced on the team by regular season rules and whatnot, but once we can move people up and down I fully expect to see at least Smith up here for some games.

What would be the harm in putting Ericsson through waivers?

The post Lidstrom era begins and we suck. Bad. Too bad breathing room at the top of the standings was/is what counts. We missed out. Blowout by the Canadians? I'm not surprised with our team this year. Nothing surprises me. What's worse or better? Our home winning streak or how bad we are on the road? All things considered I still think some sort of move by Kenny is to be had. Otherwise we took a night off. Again. On the road.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest irishock

The post Lidstrom era begins and we suck. Bad. Too bad breathing room at the top of the standings was/is what counts. We missed out. Blowout by the Canadians? I'm not surprised with our team this year. Nothing surprises me. What's worse or better? Our home winning streak or how bad we are on the road? All things considered I still think some sort of move by Kenny is to be had. Otherwise we took a night off. Again. On the road.

Christ, I know we`d be pretty mediocre without Lidstrom on the ice but 7-2 are you ******* kidding me.... When he retires I hope to god we don`t become the dead wings again.

Lol @ people who think we lost 7-2 because Lidstrom didn't play. It would have been the exact same score. Like the wings never take a night off when Lidstrom plays. Jesus christ.

I agree with you. Not having Lidstrom does affect the game, but not like that LOL. Where was the offense? THey played a team that's way out of the playoffs. I'm sorry but the wings just took the night off.

And you know what? Given their recent record, I'm not mad. You'd like to win the games you should easily win but as good as they've been, I can live with one blown game every now and then.

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.[/b]

You're just being dumb. We're at the top of the standings. You can't be there with ZERO chance of a Stanley Cup. Also, do I need to recant the tales of us losing to horrible teams in 07-08? It's one gamee, in January, before the all star break. Stop crying so hard. s***, this has probably been our best January in years, not to mention demolishing breaking a franchise record.