• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/25 GDT : Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 7

Rate this topic

let's hope we can do it again

For the most part I disagree.

But I noticed something tonight. In the NHL 36 Nick Lidstrom episode they showed Babs give final tips and announce the starting lineup of the game. Not gonna lie, after I saw him do that I thought of this.

I was like, man, one gave me much more chills than the other and somehow it wasn't the Wings clip. I feel dirty.

Yesterday was a glitch....Wings are still #1 overall in the NHL, still have the best goalie (who is entitled to a bad game every so often) and are still healthy (sans Eaves.) Sure the road games are a bit concerning, but at least they aren't 9th in the West and then pulled a crap like last night, eh?

Go Wings!

Maybe this game showed Kenny and company area's we can improve on? There has to to be some positives to take from such a beating.

There is only 1 thing worse then being embarrassed by the Canadiens... beat embarassed by the Leafs

Got home at about 1am and was too tired to read much so just got through the GDT. I don't have anywhere near the hockey experience that most on this board do, but after attending my 1st Redwings game I thought I'd share the impressions of someone who took 1/2 a day off of work, drove 6 hours and spent $400 to watch this ...

Ericsson and Kindl stood out as bad even when everyone else played so poor last night. Helm is sure fast, just wish he could put the puck in the net when he gets there. White worked hard all night, even down 6-0 he was hustling and making plays from his knees when knocked to the ice. Hudler is a shooter! Both his goals looked like they were going in when they were still on his tape. Granted the second was into an empty net behind Price, but when he got the rebound it wasn't a deflection or knock in, everything slowed down, Huds controlled the puck and placed it in the back of the net. He needs to shoot more, but I'm just glad I got to see Detroit at least score last night! Really bummed never even got to see Howard at our end of the ice but was almost happy he was pulled and spared the rest of that game. Hope he enjoys the long weekend with his family in Ottawa, has a blast in the All Star Game and comes back top of form ready to start a road winning streak!

Bell Centre was a great place to watch a game (except this one) and my daughter and I still managed to have a great time. Lots of Detroit fans there and never felt out of place. Got ragged on a little during the first intermission, but they were speaking French so I had no idea what they were saying to me! At 6-0 nobody said anything, almost like they felt sorry for us wearing Redwings gear and having to put up such a poor effort from our team. Smoked meat sandwiches were great and the Rickards Dark washed them down well! At least walking out I knew we were still tops in points and know we'll finish the season strong! Go Wings!!

Not sure if anyone posted this already, but Babcock said after the game that he wasn't even going to bother watching the tape, and in fact, he thinks he needs a drink. Funny stuff, I wouldn't bother watching tape, either.

I'm late. Rough game to watch - luckily All Star Break to get things straight hopefully, not a preview of second half of season..

Also, at least the Lidstrom 36 was on beforehand and after. Great insight into our guy and the organization, really. Makes me extremely looking forward to 24/7 next year for Winter Classic. I would watch a feature on the team every day if they had it.

Just read a few days-old twitter rumors from mynhltrades.com. Lidstrom rumored to be ready to play two more seasons, and Draper is waiting to hear wif the Wings want him back. Is that second one a joke? Nothing against Drapes but why would they bring him back next year when they could just get someone via free agency?

Poor effort by everyone last night. I can't help but wonder how much of that disaster had to do with Lidstrom being out. Sure he's a stabilizing influence out there but damn, I hope we won't be that bad when he retires.

it is just baffling how this team can completely not show up some nights.

Yes, every good team loses games, but this was well beyond this. They may as well have iced the Griffins lineup and really taken the night off. The Islanders. Montreal? It's frustrating that they lose to opponents they should be picking up points against.

it is just baffling how this team can completely not show up some nights.

Yes, every good team loses games, but this was well beyond this. They may as well have iced the Griffins lineup and really taken the night off. The Islanders. Montreal? It's frustrating that they lose to opponents they should be picking up points against.

Exactly. And as close as the positioning is in the playoff race, 4 extra points at the end of the year could make a huge difference.

At the very beginning of the game Pierre was going on and on about how Ericsson is getting an opportunity to step into Lidstrom's shoes and how he was so "ready" for the chance at top minutes. :hehe:

Insanely awful game, but it happens. I think they still would have lost pretty bad even if Lidstrom was in. Still have a great team here, games like this have hopefully exposed their weaknesses and they have an entire week to rest up and figure it out.

I think the Blues have sort of created the blue print for how to beat us with a relentless forecheck and forcing awful passes. The crazy thing is how many more goals MTL could have scored if not for blatant misses and posts and the occasional save.

Feel kind of bad for the fans who attended the game, especially if you don't get to see the Wings too often, hope you guys still managed to have a good time despite the score.

Just one game, time to move on and improve, still a lot of season left.

Edited by hooon

Guest Crymson

Exactly. And as close as the positioning is in the playoff race, 4 extra points at the end of the year could make a huge difference.

Fortunately, the Wings are not the only team to take games off against bad teams. The Blackhawks, for example, lost 9-2 to Edmonton and 3-0 to Carolina (under Maurice). The Rangers have lost 4-0 and 4-1 to the Habs. The Bruins dropped games to Carolina and Tampa recently, and the Flyers got drubbed by the Islanders last Thursday.

While it may be frustrating to see the Wings lose to inferior teams and thus lose points in the playoff race, it happens to every team. And as others have mentioned, the fact that they're inferior teams may be a factor in this. When the playoff race is so tight, one's team will be playing its heart out against its competition for the playoffs, but perhaps it's hard to maintain that level of effort against teams that are not a threat. *shrug*

1327543120[/url]' post='2249696']

Yea because that is exactly how this team has operated during the last 20 years of playoff performances, stanley cups, presidents trophies..etc.... Lets start alienating guys. Good plan. We are 1st overall at the break (some teams have games in hand). Is there some place we would rather be then 1st? I'm confused.

Damn. Hit the minus instead of the plus. Poop.

We were ahead in every stat except for scoring. They scored 7 goals on 25 shots. Jimmy is le tired.<br><br>Edit: except givaways/takeaways<br>

Edited by jfranzen