• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#441 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Can't wait for playoffs. At least then Smith will see some ice time. A lot of the roster decisions that are frustrating people are sort of forced on the team by regular season rules and whatnot, but once we can move people up and down I fully expect to see at least Smith up here for some games.

What would be the harm in putting Ericsson through waivers?

#442 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

The post Lidstrom era begins and we suck. Bad. Too bad breathing room at the top of the standings was/is what counts. We missed out. Blowout by the Canadians? I'm not surprised with our team this year. Nothing surprises me. What's worse or better? Our home winning streak or how bad we are on the road? All things considered I still think some sort of move by Kenny is to be had. Otherwise we took a night off. Again. On the road.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 25 January 2012 - 10:10 PM.

#443 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

What would be the harm in putting Ericsson through waivers?

It would mean Holland admitting that he f***ed up.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#444 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

The post Lidstrom era begins and we suck. Bad. Too bad breathing room at the top of the standings was/is what counts. We missed out. Blowout by the Canadians? I'm not surprised with our team this year. Nothing surprises me. What's worse or better? Our home winning streak or how bad we are on the road? All things considered I still think some sort of move by Kenny is to be had. Otherwise we took a night off. Again. On the road.

Christ, I know we`d be pretty mediocre without Lidstrom on the ice but 7-2 are youf****** kidding me.... When he retires I hope to god we don`t become the dead wings again.

bringit.jpg

#445 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Lol @ people who think we lost 7-2 because Lidstrom didn't play. It would have been the exact same score. Like the wings never take a night off when Lidstrom plays. Jesus christ.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#446 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:28 PM

Lol @ people who think we lost 7-2 because Lidstrom didn't play. It would have been the exact same score. Like the wings never take a night off when Lidstrom plays. Jesus christ.

I agree with you. Not having Lidstrom does affect the game, but not like that LOL. Where was the offense? THey played a team that's way out of the playoffs. I'm sorry but the wings just took the night off.

And you know what? Given their recent record, I'm not mad. You'd like to win the games you should easily win but as good as they've been, I can live with one blown game every now and then.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#447 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

Caps off a s***ty day. Great game, guys.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#448 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

The wings should never be blowing games like this to teams like the habs and the isles. It's unacceptable in every way. How are they gonna stay on top if they consistently take nights off against the leagues worst teams

#449 MSG

MSG

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

#450 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.[/b]

You're just being dumb. We're at the top of the standings. You can't be there with ZERO chance of a Stanley Cup. Also, do I need to recant the tales of us losing to horrible teams in 07-08? It's one gamee, in January, before the all star break. Stop crying so hard. s***, this has probably been our best January in years, not to mention demolishing breaking a franchise record.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#451 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

And our token overreaction :)

Wings record without Lidstrom is like 6-18
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#452 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

To the poster above, that is one of the dumbest posts I have ever heard. Babs is the BEST coach in the hockey world, undisputidely. The plays respect him and listen to him and believe in his system. And, unlike most coaches, he is always looking to do different things, to look to others to better himself and his team. Simply put, when he talks, ever single player on the team gathers and listens.

I had the honor to meet Mike Babcock on Monday when my team played at the Joe, where he came in and talked to the team. He is a great coach, and a great person on top of that. IMO he is the best coach not named Scotty Bowman. Also, you are whining about Babcock for not motivating the players enough? It is an 82 game season... we will not be perfect. We had 7 straight wins, are 1st overall, and were missing our captain and arguably our best player in Nick. Babs knows this team and knows that he cant just yell at them all the time because they are veterans... he has to pick his battles. For example, he challenged them against the Blues on Monday and they responded... but tonight he realized that it would be hopeless.

Some people need to relax. Yes we lost in pathetic fashion tonight, but it was NOT Mike Babcock's fault. If anything, this loss will present changes to Babs, such as putting Hank with Pavs consistently, and a few other things. Lets accept the loss, hope the players rest up and be honoured that we are fans of the greatest team in hockey.

#453 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Give me a break. You make it seem as if good teams never lose to bad teams.

#454 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:51 PM

Jesus Christ is right. We took a night off whether Lidstrom was in the lineup or not. Doesn't really matter does it? We got beat by a s*** team. Ugly. What should be said? Move on yes. Team was bad tonight and got out played in ever aspect of the game. About as bad as the Capitals blowout, yes? You have any concerns/

#455 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

We make a hot St Louis team look like a bunch of goons but lose by 5 to a team right before the All Star break and people are more worried about the loss. I know it wasn't pretty but c'mon people, it's not like it's a season ender.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#456 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

We make a hot St Louis team look like a bunch of goons but lose by 5 to a team right before the All Star break and people are more worried about the loss. I know it wasn't pretty but c'mon people, it's not like it's a season ender.

Season is definitely not over. But yes losing tonight center stage again to a s***/mediocre team is what? Good or bad? Or something else? No it's not the end of the world or season. But s*** to be be disappointed tonight is the feeling I'm getting. Just unbelievable. Not surprised but we have a Canadian road trip coming up and if this is any sign (I hope that it isn't). Well the home and away records speak for themselves...

#457 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

I can pretty much laugh this one off and say their heads just weren't in it. Still a great first "half" of the season so hopefully they just put it behind them, rest up and get ready for the next half. Those saying this wouldn't happen under Bowman and are blaming Babcock are being childish. I wouldn't want any other coach in the league and I guarantee he has his team ready to play every game. This game wasn't his fault.

#458 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Just chock this up to a bad game. After a long win streak, it was bound to happen. I am disappointed with the effort and the loss tonight, but putting the game into perspective, it is just a single game. They will get yelled at for this crap effort and come back strong after the break.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#459 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

When this team loses they really lose. Haha.

Well the wings thoroughly sucked. But it happens, looks like everyone was on the all star break already.

Not sure why so many people are freaking out saying this team isn't any good. Didn't the Wings lose something like 6 in a row in '08? This was just 1 loss. Big deal.
Posted Image

#460 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Based on what we have seen all season I think that Ericsson has been a huge mistake for the Wings. Kindl may get better in time but he is usually paired with Ericsson and I am not sure that will help his game. I wonder if Edmonton would take him for Hemsky?