• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#461 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Your susposed to beat teams like Isles and Habs, that way if you do lose to teams like Chicago and St Louis is doesn't really impact the standings.

#462 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,746 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Welp, I'm glad I decided to go out instead of watch that.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#463 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:45 PM

Your susposed to beat teams like Isles and Habs, that way if you do lose to teams like Chicago and St Louis is doesn't really impact the standings.

Well it does impact the standings. Chicago and St. Louis would earn 2 pts instead of dropping a point or two if they beat us.

bringit.jpg

#464 Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

Sgt. Angry

• PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:48 PM

Err... yeah.

In 2010, the Wings won 3-2 at JLA. In 2007, the Wings won 4-1 in Montreal.

Some frustration I can understand, but comments like this take it too far.

I don't see all the games, so that's why I said I can't "remember" them winning in a long time. Why do you have to be such a flaming dickhead with all of your replies? Not just to me, but to just about everyone on this board. This place would be a better place without your presence. I would be very interested how many people you've driven off this board. But I'm guessing that would be something you're proud of.
Watch out!!!! - it's the Sheik ---- and he's got an object!!!!

#465 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

We're beating Chicago and St Louis. I'd rather beat them and lose these games than the other way around.

Edited by Z and D for the C, 26 January 2012 - 12:26 AM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#466 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:29 AM

"Iím not going to look at the video of this at all," Babcock said. "Iím going to go out and drink, actually."

http://www.mlive.com...behind_big.html

I think Babcock is overreacting. :hehe:

#467 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,015 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

This game only reinforced what I had suspected. No thank you on Subban. What an immature player.

Almost the entire team was garbage tonight, but I think Kindl may have secured his place behind Commie tonight.

#468 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

I don't see all the games, so that's why I said I can't "remember" them winning in a long time. Why do you have to be such a flaming dickhead with all of your replies? Not just to me, but to just about everyone on this board. This place would be a better place without your presence. I would be very interested how many people you've driven off this board. But I'm guessing that would be something you're proud of.

It's unfortunate that I've made you angry. Rarely is it my intent to be a "flaming dickhead" (interesting choice of words, by the way), though I'm aware that I often come across poorly on the Internet.

As for your speculation, I'm thinking probably zero. It's anyone's guess, but when a person is "driven off" of the boards, it's generally because their opinion or attitude is reacted to negatively by a great deal of people, not just one. More, it most often occurs in close proximity to their registration on the boards.

This game only reinforced what I had suspected. No thank you on Subban. What an immature player.

Almost the entire team was garbage tonight, but I think Kindl may have secured his place behind Commie tonight.

Agreed on both counts.

And Ericsson, despite the opportunity to play top minutes, spectacularly crapped the bed. I think I've permanently lost patience with him. I hope that Babcock and Holland will come to feel the same way.

Edited by Crymson, 26 January 2012 - 12:54 AM.

#469 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:03 AM

Yeah this was an anomaly but an embarrassing one at that. Come back from the break and kick the hell out of the Flames please.

#470 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

This seems to be a very typical Wings habit. Whenever there is speculation of a team taking a game off, the Wings seem to fit the description perfectly. Last game before all star break, missing your captain = Wings not giving a s***
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#471 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

Relax Wings fans, last I checked we're still in the playoffs !

#472 Yzerman191

Yzerman191

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,245 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Post lockout, the Red Wings are 5-7-3 without Lidstrom. Disregarding how amazing it is that he has only missed 15 games in that time frame (and recognizing the fact that it is a small sample size), it makes you cringe a little bit thinking about him retiring anytime in the near future.

And yes, I recognize this game was long gone with or without Lidstrom.

#473 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

Relax Wings fans, last I checked we're still in the playoffs !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHSGZ9KH_FY&feature=related

#474 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:12 AM

Nobody in their right mind would think that Holland shouldn't make a "major" move before the trade deadline. Certainly not after what the viewers saw versus MTL. An absolute disaster and a definite reflection on Babcock. This was an easy 2 points and what happened tonight would've never happened under Bowman. Babcock is not a good motivator. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Don't ask me how the Wings are in 1st with this guy behind the bench?

Helm was the best player the Wings had tonight. Possibly he and Datsuyk were the onoly players motivated to actually win the game. Stuart and Kronwall were both sound asleep. Not to mention "inept" Kindl, Ericsson and Commodore. All "trade bait". Or should be. Ericsson is a definite liability. Too slow, too clumsy, not smart and it almost always shows. Especially tonight. What was Holland thinking with this guy? Kindl will in all likelyhood wind-up back with Grand Rapids. Can't see it any other way. And don't ask me what the acquisition of Commodore was all about? You get what you pay for, Kenny.

Obviously, the defense was lost tonight with the absence of Lidstrom and it was quite obvious. Not a good thing. Not at all. Expect a major move or two soon after the All-Star break. Otherwise.........no chance of a Stanley Cup. Not after what we saw tonight against a mediocre hockey team.

I'm in my right mind and I don't think a major move needs to happen. A couple minor moves will suffice. Now stop getting your knee-jerk reaction all over me.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#475 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm in my right mind and I don't think a major move needs to happen. A couple minor moves will suffice. Now stop getting your knee-jerk reaction all over me.

I think he's all about the shake weight.

Posted Image

#476 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:39 AM

let's hope we can do it again

For the most part I disagree.

But I noticed something tonight. In the NHL 36 Nick Lidstrom episode they showed Babs give final tips and announce the starting lineup of the game. Not gonna lie, after I saw him do that I thought of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpgKZc86G1w

I was like, man, one gave me much more chills than the other and somehow it wasn't the Wings clip. I feel dirty.

#477 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yesterday was a glitch....Wings are still #1 overall in the NHL, still have the best goalie (who is entitled to a bad game every so often) and are still healthy (sans Eaves.) Sure the road games are a bit concerning, but at least they aren't 9th in the West and then pulled a crap like last night, eh?

Go Wings!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#478 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:00 AM

What pisses me off is the Wings fans that attended that game sure wasted their well earned dollars. Shame on you Wings. These fans don't hardly get a chance to see you and you put on that kind of show. :thumbdown: No excuses!!

#479 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

I just looked it up: no team has ever gone 82-0 in a season. That trend will probably continue.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#480 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

INSERT GAME TAPE HERE:

Posted Image

See you all after the all-star break!

PS: Hudler haters, exit stage left! Posted Image
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.