• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Cooke Boards or Jackman Dives?

Rate this topic

Someone who is hit from behind into the boards does not have their feet flopping up behind them like that....no question he dove and not hidden very well. I'm guessing the ref didn't actually see the full play and used judgment to come up with the 2 min boarding call.

Edited by toby91_ca

Jackman definitely embellishes, but lets be frank: players have been diving as long as anyone can remember, and while the refs don't have the benefit of a replay, Shanahan does. It will be much more difficult to embellish a hit to get somebody suspended.

True. I don't expect any sup discipline. However, think about what the repercussions could be for the game at hand though. For instance, Z got tossed from the BJs game unjustly; albeit not from a dive. There was only 10 mins left, but what if it was in the first? What if it was Datsyuk in this case?

Jackman sure went to great lengths to sell it by smashing his own face into the glass near the ledge. That's dedication!

I don't think it was a dive, and was a marginal boarding penalty. Jackman just got twisted up in the hit (possibly by Cook's stick into the elbow corkscrewing him around) and unfortunately went face-first into the glass.

I'm going to go with neither. Cooke looks like he's trying his best to avoid any contact and pretty much does, and I don't think Jackman meant to go face first into the edge of the boards. I'm glad other people think this was a bad call - I couldn't believe how much the Blues announcers were whining about the hit, but I thought maybe I was just losing my mind for defending Cooke.

Why couldn't they both end up smashing their faces into the boards? :P

Jackman really can't be too smart if he's trying to sell a call by torpedoing himself face first into the boards like that. Diving is always going to be a part of the game, but at least try and disguise it better geez

Serious question for those that don't see the dive:

What he doing with his legs? Your legs don't naturally flip up like that when you get hit.

No s***. He flails like he was hit high, low and shot in the ankle. He did the same thing when Datsyuk hit him. He is a *****.