• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

2011-12 ITG Enforcers Cards

Rate this topic

Anyone purchase these? Supposedly they aren't being sold just anywhere. Tons of autographed cards, jersey patches, fight straps, etc. Probert, Kocur, McSorley, Domi, are all included in the set. I saw a hobby box for $70 online but it didn't detail how many packs were contained in the box.

Anyone have further information on these cards?

Sounds interesting.

Are they limited to enforcers from any specific era, though.

Nope. The set includes:

Dave Schultz

Chris Nilan

Bob Probert

Joey kocur

Marty McSorley

Paul Holmgren

Donald Brashear

Craig Berube

Clark Gillies

Bob Nystrom

Tie Domi

Wade Belak

Rob Ray

Brad May

Andrew Peters

Terry O'Reilly

You get my point. Guys from a lot of different eras in the NHL. Although a lot seem to be in the '80s and '90s.

As someone that collected a lot of hockey cards a few years ago (07-10ish) I can tell you ITG is a fantastic company. Probably the highest quality group of people out there. They're small and really committed to quality and customer service. I can't say enough good things about these guys. Do note that they're a collector card company and the price per card can be a bit high, but you get the best quality stuff out there. The bigger companies often use clear stickers that are hard signed by players than stuck on any card the company feels like using it on for the next decade, but ITG does it the right way and gets individual signatures on quality paper stock for the best looking cards out there.

Nope. The set includes:

Dave Schultz

Chris Nilan

Bob Probert

Joey kocur

Marty McSorley

Paul Holmgren

Donald Brashear

Craig Berube

Clark Gillies

Bob Nystrom

Tie Domi

Wade Belak

Rob Ray

Brad May

Andrew Peters

Terry O'Reilly

You get my point. Guys from a lot of different eras in the NHL. Although a lot seem to be in the '80s and '90s.

Andrew Peters? :blink:

Who did he f*** to be on that list?

Andrew Peters? :blink:

Who did he f*** to be on that list?

I saw him, and figured I'd list him because he's recognizable because he played not too long ago. Definitely criticized as a "Boring fighter". Wasn't the best fighter, but there is no denying he was a pure enforcer. He retired like 2 years ago with more than 100 fights at the NHL level.

Zenon Konopka is another modern enforcer on the checklist.

I saw him, and figured I'd list him because he's recognizable because he played not too long ago. Definitely criticized as a "Boring fighter". Wasn't the best fighter, but there is no denying he was a pure enforcer. He retired like 2 years ago with more than 100 fights at the NHL level.

Didn't see Dave Brown on your list, yet the link I posted was to his card.

Is that from a previous boxset? Or was your list not exclusive?

I'd LOVE to have Konopka on this team the man's a great team player and he can take a face-off too.

I'd LOVE to have Konopka on this team the man's a great team player and he can take a face-off too.

That makes two of us. He's available this summer, I believe. He is the perfect 4th line center. I've been trying to make a case for this guy for a few years now, and the typical response was "LOL UR AN ENFORCER SLAPPY". He can put up a few points here and there. I will definitely be advocating for him again this summer.

That makes two of us. He's available this summer, I believe. He is the perfect 4th line center. I've been trying to make a case for this guy for a few years now, and the typical response was "LOL UR AN ENFORCER SLAPPY". He can put up a few points here and there. I will definitely be advocating for him again this summer.

And you'll probably get the same response.

Actually, I didn't mention it earlier, but he's another guy who shouldn't really be in this card set. He's hardly a legendary enforcer. He's not even a heavy right now.

The only current players I'd put in this boxset would be Chris Simon and maybe MacIntyre.

Edited by GMRwings1983

And you'll probably get the same response.

Actually, I didn't mention it earlier, but he's another guy who shouldn't really be in this card set. He's hardly a legendary enforcer. He's not even heavy right now.

I know.

I think he was included in the set because he's led the league in penalty minutes the last few years, not to mention been at, or near, the top in fighting majors for the past few years. On a historical scale, he isn't a legendary enforcer, I agree with that, but they probably threw him in as a modern day guy. Riley Cote and Shawn Thornton are in the set, if I remember correctly.