• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

why is Emmerton instead of Mursak?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I suspect that Mursak is not yet at peak condition. He no doubt lost a tremendous amount of aerobic conditioning, and quite a bit of leg muscle, while recuperating from his injury. It takes time to reattain that.

I suspect that Mursak is not yet at peak condition. He no doubt lost a tremendous amount of aerobic conditioning, and quite a bit of leg muscle, while recuperating from his injury. It takes time to reattain that.

[/quo

Yea, makes sense. I guess i thought that because he was back with the GRG's and has played 2 or 3 games now with the Wings this month, that he's all healthy and ready to go! but i guess the Wings know something we dont, or Babs just likes Emmy over Mursak right now who knows. But get healthy Mursak he would be a upgrade to our 4th line centre posistion and id like to see abby on his wing, because abbys way more effective when he plays wing instead of centre

and why homer over conner/andersson? because holland and babcock hates gritty guys.

Homer - Emmerton - Miller

In babcocks and hollands eyes this is "ultimate checkingline".

Edited by matemate

and why homer over conner/andersson? because holland and babcock hates gritty guys.

In babcocks and hollands eyes this is "ultimate checkingline".

I'm neutral on Emmerton. He is what he is: a 4th line center. Mursak is more multi-dimensional and would be a better option, but as was said he is a winger.

But I don't think it can be argued that Miller and Homer aren't bringing it 100% on every shift. Those two are always flying out there.

This would be my guess as well.

It made sense earlier in the year when we had need for a center on the 4th line because both Abby and Helm were on the third line.

I'd like to see something more along the lines of:

Mursak-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Connor/Holmstrom

This whole season I think I've only noticed Emmerton a small handful of times. The kid has shown absolutely no spark whatsoever. Nothing against him, he's not really hurting, but he's certainly not helping and I don't think he'll ever amount to much. He's playing because we've lost our depth at center.

Guest Crymson

If you're insinuating that Holmstrom is not a gritty player, then I can only assume that you haven't watched the Red Wings play much over the last 14 seasons. The guy is almost as tough as they come. He gets his ass kicked in front of the net every single game.

I don't remember the last time Babcock iced this line.

Yea, makes sense. I guess i thought that because he was back with the GRG's and has played 2 or 3 games now with the Wings this month, that he's all healthy and ready to go! but i guess the Wings know something we dont, or Babs just likes Emmy over Mursak right now who knows. But get healthy Mursak he would be a upgrade to our 4th line centre posistion and id like to see abby on his wing, because abbys way more effective when he plays wing instead of centre

Mursak is a winger.

It made sense earlier in the year when we had need for a center on the 4th line because both Abby and Helm were on the third line.

I'd like to see something more along the lines of:

Mursak-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Connor/Holmstrom

It's going to be hard for Eaves to bust back into this lineup, especially as his recuperation to the necessary level of physical fitness is going to take awhile.

Edited by Crymson

Emmerton is a center, Mursak is a wing.

This is true, but Emmerton doesn't even center the 4th line right now. Abdelkader has been lately with Emmerton and Homer on the wings. I don't like Abdelkader at center for the most part, but if he's going to play there, then I would much rather see Mursak dressed than Emmerton.

Nothing against Emmerton either; he has been decent enough -- I just don't see what he brings to the team. Mursak is fast and a relentless forechecker. I suspect they are just giving Emmerton an adequate shot to prove himself as Mursak is obviously more valuable when the playoffs roll around.

Edited by GoWings1905

I personally think it's due to a.) we can't send him down without him being claimed, b.) we're trying to get better trade value for him. Personally I don't find Emmerton a good fit for the wings and their style, nor do I think he's mature enough. I see him being apart of a trade before the deadline, or an offseason bundle.

Emmerton is just another easily replaceable 4th liner. There are many people we could play instead of him and get a better or similar result.

Holmstrom is playing because he has immunity on this team and will be important in the playoffs on the powerplay. I expect Babcock to rest him a lot late in the season because of his age.

Miller had a really hot streak for a while and has outplayed anyone else on the 4th line.

Mursak is a strange case, because he's not gritty enough to be on the checking line, but where else would he play? He's not going to crack the top 6 anytime soon.

Mursak should be in over Emmerton every single game.

Maybe they are just giving Emmerton a long look to see what he has to offer. It's not a whole lot. Mursak is quicker, more physical, and has better hands and a better shot. Basically, everything is an improvement on Cory. I am a bit shocked he hasn't been in every night, especially after his impressive 2 games, and it's had me shocked and angry. Surely though Mursak will soon get an extended oppertunity to prove himself and unlike Emmerton, he will take it with both hands.

Emmerton is just another easily replaceable 4th liner. There are many people we could play instead of him and get a better or similar result.

Holmstrom is playing because he has immunity on this team and will be important in the playoffs on the powerplay. I expect Babcock to rest him a lot late in the season because of his age.

Miller had a really hot streak for a while and has outplayed anyone else on the 4th line.

Mursak is a strange case, because he's not gritty enough to be on the checking line, but where else would he play? He's not going to crack the top 6 anytime soon.

Ummm, yes, he is.

Im thinking they know that Jan is better than Emmerton and already have him penciled in on the 4th line for playoffs. They are just bringing him along slowly in his recovery. There is no need to rush Jan back and risk a re-aggravation of that injury. Get him a couple games here and there to help get back into condition and make sure everything is healed. I think we will see a lot more of him the last 20 games. If that's what the brass is doing I am in 100% agreement with it.

It also gives Emmerton a chance to put together some good performances before the trade deadline and hopefully raise his value a little bit. If hes in the organization after this season (heck even the trade deadline) it will be a huge surprise. Personally I think Emmerton sees himself losing his spot and its effecting his motivation. Since the first of the year he has taken a step or two back from how he had been playing through the year.

Im thinking they know that Jan is better than Emmerton and already have him penciled in on the 4th line for playoffs. They are just bringing him along slowly in his recovery. There is no need to rush Jan back and risk a re-aggravation of that injury. Get him a couple games here and there to help get back into condition and make sure everything is healed. I think we will see a lot more of him the last 20 games. If that's what the brass is doing I am in 100% agreement with it.

Some valid in this, and I certainly hope you are right. He did suffer a serious injury so maybe they are just bringing him along slowly. But then I'm a pessimistic person and I always assume the worst. To me it’s just so frustrating having him sit when I know what he’s capable of, and even in his 3 games he showed it so I wonder why he’s not in permanently!!

im hoping the same guys.. im hoping "goliemanpat" is right because why emmy is in over mursak makes no freakin sense to me.. in a game like tonight vs the oil we could of used jans speed, he makes the 4th line alot more faster and effective, remember that goal in dallas? that forcheck by jan and nice pass to homer .. and shot.. score!

My first guess like many others have said is conditioning and getting back into game shape. He's done well the few times he is in.

Emmerton hasn't been playing like chop liver though either. Not great but far from terrible.

I'm fine with either of them in.