• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
b.shanafan14

Stars' Brenden Morrow available?

Rate this topic

I think I'll remember this hit forever. Not sure if Michalek has any recolection, though.

Clean as can be.

Morrow is one of those guys I hate playing against. Not in the Pronger "oh God someone is going to get cheap-shotted" kinda way, but in the "everyone keep your goddamn head up" kinda way.

Guest Crymson

Sounds good to me!

Morrow, Hemsky and Nabakov....plan the parade!

Yea, and say goodbye to most of our good prospects.

I think I'll remember this hit forever. Not sure if Michalek has any recolection, though.

Yeah, that hit was hard enough to throw Morrow several feet backwards.

Morrow is one of those guys I hate playing against. Not in the Pronger "oh God someone is going to get cheap-shotted" kinda way, but in the "everyone keep your goddamn head up" kinda way.

This exactly. Plays the right way, hard, physical brand of hockey that is a huge pain in the ass. Too many times I've seen a player get clocked by Morrow and thought begrudgingly "damn... good hit". I think the guy would be perfect for this team in the position they're in. They have the bodies, but they need a Cup-starved veteran, team-first Dallas Drake type (you know, the same thing we have been needing since the last cup). Add a guy like Morrow to set a physical tone early, so we can see more games like the St. Louis contest earlier this week.

See if they'll take Hudler and a late draft pick, that way they get a "better" offensive player and some greater compensation, while at the same time being able to dump the salary of an under-performing player. Stars might not bite, but it would be worth asking :P.

It may seem unlikely but Detroit come playoff time gets awful enticing to older veteran players looking for a Cup. Morrow can play on any line, the PP and PK and brings snarl.

esteef

I agree totally. This would be a perfect fit per Detroit's mold of who they usually go after at the deadline for the playoff run. Morrow or Iginla would be the ones I would go after if they are willing to trade away some stuff.

Yea, and say goodbye to most of our good prospects.

We only have 2 really good prospects, and a lot of middling ones. Its precisely because of the large number of prospects, and large amount of cap space we have, that enables us to be a player at this years deadline. We can afford to lose a pick or two and a Tartar or Ferraro or two this year.

f***'s sake! Never seen this for some reason. My interest shot up about a 100 times over and mainly with everything else that has been said with the Drake type implications it would have as well. If we muster up enough to go after him with the legitimacy of our chances pretty good this season, I would be alllll for it.

I'd take him. In fact, that's what happened to me in NHL 12 (the Stars offered him for Hudler and McGrattan) and I won the Cup!

He'd be a beast and would play his heart on every shift for a Cup. And he's still a pretty solid player, albeit he's struggled a little this year. Maybe a change of scenery would spark him.

Would I want him over Perry, Iginla or Ryan? No. But those guys would likely be harder to get.

I have the same sentiments. He'd be a welcome addition, plus I have heard he is a consummate teammate as well.

If they get rid of Morrow I would guess that means they want to get younger. So I would say one of our NHL ready prospects along with a defensman and a pick.

Why a defenseman? I would think that a "ready" prospect (Tatar, Andersson) along with maybe a roster player. (Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Emmerton or Mursak) I would hope and pray that Holland does NOT trade Sheahan, he seems to be growing very well and he should be ready in a couple of years to join the bottom 6 as a huge body that we desperately need...I believe Tatar and Andersson are good players in their own right, but I personally like this team with Sheahan on it, rather than the former(s.)

Anyhow, Morrow would totally make this team very hard to play against, plus I do believe he is a favorite of Babcock's as well... I just hope this happens. Add Morrow now, add Suter and "Sniper" in the offseason...Things in Hockeytown would aces!

Anyhow, Morrow would totally make this team very hard to play against, plus I do believe he is a favorite of Babcock's as well... I just hope this happens. Add Morrow now, add Suter and "Sniper" in the offseason...Things in Hockeytown would aces!

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler

Morrow-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

-Mursak

Suter-White

Kronwall-Sarich

Ericsson-B.Smith

Doesn't look too bad.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise

Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler

Morrow-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Emmerton-Eaves

-Mursak

Suter-White

Kronwall-Sarich

Ericsson-B.Smith

Doesn't look too bad.

no it doesn't! Actually looks great! But I got a sneaking feeling that Lidstrom will be back again next season, but that should not deter Holland from offering the moon to Suter to make sure he is a Red Wing for at least the next 5-6 seasons.

I notice there is no Cleary in your lineup, are you trading him for Morrow? Not that it is a bad idea, just curious... Me personally, I would rather see Morrow on line #2 and move Hudler or let him go UFA, but if I lost Cleary to obtain Morrow, I am not complaining...

Why a defenseman? I would think that a "ready" prospect (Tatar, Andersson) along with maybe a roster player. (Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Emmerton or Mursak) I would hope and pray that Holland does NOT trade Sheahan, he seems to be growing very well and he should be ready in a couple of years to join the bottom 6 as a huge body that we desperately need...I believe Tatar and Andersson are good players in their own right, but I personally like this team with Sheahan on it, rather than the former(s.)

Just looking at their GA I would think they would try and beef up their back end any way possible. With them giving up someone like Morrow I think they would try and address most if not all of their needs. Now giving up a prospect/pick, a roster player and a defenseman is a lot... so one of them would be the big piece while the others would degrade in "value".

If Ericsson was playing better I honestly think the Red Wings would depart with Stuart if the rumors about him already making up his mind to move back West were true. Stuart would be the main piece we give up but that would, I think, lower what we would give them in another department.

/tinfoil hat

Edited by dragonballgtz

I think I just saw something at the bottom NBCSN tracker that said Morrow traded for Connoly? I couldn't see it particularly well.<br><br>--------------<br><br>EDIT:  s*** nevermind.  It's the Hawks who traded for Brendan Morrison.  Sorry.  <br>

Edited by Red Wings Addict

I think I just saw something at the bottom NBCSN tracker that said Morrow traded for Connoly? I couldn't see it particularly well.<br><br>--------------<br><br>EDIT:  s*** nevermind.  It's the Hawks who traded for Brendan Morrison.  Sorry.  <br>

Gave me a heart attack for a minute. Thought he was gone already.

Yeah, that hit was hard enough to throw Morrow several feet backwards.

Obviously, you're an expert in physics, as well as every-*******-thing else in the world. Oh guru of knowledge.

You notice who was laying on the ice? Not Morrow.

Edited fer spellin'.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

By reading this forum one would get the impression that Dallas Drake is the best thing that has happened to this organization in the last 15 years.

It is kind of funny, especially considering how awful Drake was in the regular season. But he had a good playoffs and also supposedly gave Datsyuk advice on hitting, which has clearly paid off.

All in all a net gain, but I think his role on the team is getting a little overblown as the years go by.

Still, I'd take Morrow on the Wings in a heartbeat. Even if it costs some prospects, this is the year to go for it. Potentially Lidstrom's last year, but also Dats, Franzen, and Z aren't getting any younger either.

It is kind of funny, especially considering how awful Drake was in the regular season. But he had a good playoffs and also supposedly gave Datsyuk advice on hitting, which has clearly paid off.

All in all a net gain, but I think his role on the team is getting a little overblown as the years go by.

Still, I'd take Morrow on the Wings in a heartbeat. Even if it costs some prospects, this is the year to go for it. Potentially Lidstrom's last year, but also Dats, Franzen, and Z aren't getting any younger either.

Exactly and I agree entirely.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say someone like Morrow could put the Red Wings over the top. They play strong defense (most nights), have excellent goaltending and solid depth at forward. I still think a natural goal-scoring winger would be quite a welcome addition, but between the asking price and lack of those available at the deadline, that may be difficult to address.

Imagine what Morrow's game brings on say the third line paired with Helm and someone like Cleary. Definitely makes the Red Wings a tougher team to play against.

Edited by GoWings1905