• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anyhow, Morrow would totally make this team very hard to play against, plus I do believe he is a favorite of Babcock's as well... I just hope this happens. Add Morrow now, add Suter and "Sniper" in the offseason...Things in Hockeytown would aces!

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise
Zetterberg-Filppula-Hudler
Morrow-Helm-Abdelkader
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves
-Mursak

Suter-White
Kronwall-Sarich
Ericsson-B.Smith

Doesn't look too bad.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise
Morrow-Helm-Abdelkader
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves
-Mursak

Suter-White
Kronwall-Sarich
Ericsson-B.Smith

Doesn't look too bad.

no it doesn't! Actually looks great! But I got a sneaking feeling that Lidstrom will be back again next season, but that should not deter Holland from offering the moon to Suter to make sure he is a Red Wing for at least the next 5-6 seasons.

I notice there is no Cleary in your lineup, are you trading him for Morrow? Not that it is a bad idea, just curious... Me personally, I would rather see Morrow on line #2 and move Hudler or let him go UFA, but if I lost Cleary to obtain Morrow, I am not complaining...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#43 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Why a defenseman? I would think that a "ready" prospect (Tatar, Andersson) along with maybe a roster player. (Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Emmerton or Mursak) I would hope and pray that Holland does NOT trade Sheahan, he seems to be growing very well and he should be ready in a couple of years to join the bottom 6 as a huge body that we desperately need...I believe Tatar and Andersson are good players in their own right, but I personally like this team with Sheahan on it, rather than the former(s.)

Anyhow, Morrow would totally make this team very hard to play against, plus I do believe he is a favorite of Babcock's as well... I just hope this happens. Add Morrow now, add Suter and "Sniper" in the offseason...Things in Hockeytown would aces!

Just looking at their GA I would think they would try and beef up their back end any way possible. With them giving up someone like Morrow I think they would try and address most if not all of their needs. Now giving up a prospect/pick, a roster player and a defenseman is a lot... so one of them would be the big piece while the others would degrade in "value".

If Ericsson was playing better I honestly think the Red Wings would depart with Stuart if the rumors about him already making up his mind to move back West were true. Stuart would be the main piece we give up but that would, I think, lower what we would give them in another department.
/tinfoil hat

Edited by dragonballgtz, 27 January 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#44 matemate

matemate

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Franzen-Datsyuk-Parise
Morrow-Helm-Abdelkader
Miller-Emmerton-Eaves
-Mursak

Suter-White
Kronwall-Sarich
Ericsson-B.Smith

Doesn't look too bad.

Hudler, Miller, Eaves and Emmerton?

#45 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

I think I just saw something at the bottom NBCSN tracker that said Morrow traded for Connoly? I couldn't see it particularly well.<br><br>--------------<br><br>EDIT:&nbsp; s*** nevermind.&nbsp; It's the Hawks who traded for Brendan Morrison.&nbsp; Sorry.&nbsp; <br>

Edited by Red Wings Addict, 27 January 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#46 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

I think I just saw something at the bottom NBCSN tracker that said Morrow traded for Connoly? I couldn't see it particularly well.<br><br>--------------<br><br>EDIT:&nbsp; s*** nevermind.&nbsp; It's the Hawks who traded for Brendan Morrison.&nbsp; Sorry.&nbsp; <br>

Gave me a heart attack for a minute. Thought he was gone already.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#47 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

Yeah, that hit was hard enough to throw Morrow several feet backwards.

Obviously, you're an expert in physics, as well as every-*******-thing else in the world. Oh guru of knowledge.

You notice who was laying on the ice? Not Morrow.

Edited fer spellin'.

Edited by BigWillieStyle, 28 January 2012 - 12:02 AM.

• Nev likes this

#48 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

So with such a quality trade pool out there already...do we think the trade deadline will be done before the deadline? I think these guys will go fast.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

By reading this forum one would get the impression that Dallas Drake is the best thing that has happened to this organization in the last 15 years.

It is kind of funny, especially considering how awful Drake was in the regular season. But he had a good playoffs and also supposedly gave Datsyuk advice on hitting, which has clearly paid off.

All in all a net gain, but I think his role on the team is getting a little overblown as the years go by.

Still, I'd take Morrow on the Wings in a heartbeat. Even if it costs some prospects, this is the year to go for it. Potentially Lidstrom's last year, but also Dats, Franzen, and Z aren't getting any younger either.

#50 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

It is kind of funny, especially considering how awful Drake was in the regular season. But he had a good playoffs and also supposedly gave Datsyuk advice on hitting, which has clearly paid off.

All in all a net gain, but I think his role on the team is getting a little overblown as the years go by.

Still, I'd take Morrow on the Wings in a heartbeat. Even if it costs some prospects, this is the year to go for it. Potentially Lidstrom's last year, but also Dats, Franzen, and Z aren't getting any younger either.

Exactly and I agree entirely.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say someone like Morrow could put the Red Wings over the top. They play strong defense (most nights), have excellent goaltending and solid depth at forward. I still think a natural goal-scoring winger would be quite a welcome addition, but between the asking price and lack of those available at the deadline, that may be difficult to address.

Imagine what Morrow's game brings on say the third line paired with Helm and someone like Cleary. Definitely makes the Red Wings a tougher team to play against.

Edited by GoWings1905, 28 January 2012 - 12:24 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#51 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

I think I'll remember this hit forever. Not sure if Michalek has any recolection, though.

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

Sad thing is, we have a guy on our team that USED to hit like that, but not anymore, or at least very rarely:

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:51 AM

Rutuu is the same as Morrow though... it is younger and could equal the offensive output of Morrow and bring the same attitude while being five years younger.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#53 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:28 AM

Rutuu is the same as Morrow though... it is younger and could equal the offensive output of Morrow and bring the same attitude while being five years younger.

I like Morrow better.

Posted Image

#54 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Why a defenseman? I would think that a "ready" prospect (Tatar, Andersson) along with maybe a roster player. (Hudler, Filppula, Cleary, Emmerton or Mursak) I would hope and pray that Holland does NOT trade Sheahan, he seems to be growing very well and he should be ready in a couple of years to join the bottom 6 as a huge body that we desperately need...I believe Tatar and Andersson are good players in their own right, but I personally like this team with Sheahan on it, rather than the former(s.)

Wait. Are you a proponent of trading Filppula for Morrow? Please tell me you aren't serious... That's a terribly lopsided offer in favor of the Stars AND you want to add Tatar???
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#55 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

ruutu is known as a diver like his brother, isn't as solid of a hitter, and nowhere near the leader that morrow is, also is not as tough and doesn't fight. The two are in different leagues.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#56 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

ruutu is known as a diver like his brother, isn't as solid of a hitter, and nowhere near the leader that morrow is, also is not as tough and doesn't fight. The two are in different leagues.

Exactly. Morrow is just an all around solid guy. I hope the Wings make a move soon and don't wait for the deadline. I hate waiting for news.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#57 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:12 PM

sheahan or Andersson would probably be on their radar, Niewendyk seems to like big or big and fast players. I hope it is Andersson, I don't think he plays physical enough with us, he would though in dallas where your expected to play physical every shift.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#58 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Morrow went on the IR today for about week. Forgot what he injured and cant find the article as I saw it this morning.

What does this do for his trade value?

edit: found it

http://espn.go.com/d...l-tomas-vincour

Edited by Din758, 06 February 2012 - 02:56 PM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#59 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

Morrow went on the IR today for about week. Forgot what he injured and cant find the article as I saw it this morning.

What does this do for his trade value?

Reduces the value, but only a little. He will be back no problem, so I doubt it will scare anyone off.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.