• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton.

If you could rank the amount of pure hatred between any of the two teams and the team's fans what would it look like?

Do Edmonton and Calgary hate each other more than, say, Ottawa and Toronto? Or do Vancouver and Toronto hate each other more than anybody?

Obviously Winnipeg hasn't been in the hate game for a while now.

#2 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

Nothing beats Ottawa vs Toronto, the rest I'm not too sure about. I know If****** hate the Oilers for blowing our epic 2005-06 season.
  • Ram likes this

bringit.jpg

#3 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:11 AM

Nothing beats Ottawa vs Toronto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgXCohmzcM

#4 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

Yeah, it should have been a penalty, but if anyone deserved it, its was that dirty SOB Tucker. Its not like Tucker, Domi and Roberts never did anything like that in Leafs jerseys...
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#5 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

Vancouver hates everyone and everything outside their isolated city, they win.

Edit: Seriously, I'd vote Calgary-Edmonton.

Edited by Barrie, 27 January 2012 - 09:13 AM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#6 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Nowadays, probably Calgary-Edmonton. Before the lockout it was definitely Ottawa-Toronto, but since they haven't met in the playoffs the rivalry hasn't had quite the same edge to it.

edit: I know Calgary and Edmonton haven't met in the playoffs either :blush: but they're both pretty nasty, physical teams, their games usually get chippy very fast.

Edited by ComradeWasabi, 27 January 2012 - 10:31 AM.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#7 Cajanek_Spielmacher

Cajanek_Spielmacher

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

Edmonton and Calgary still have plenty of hate for each other from the 80's. The media likes to talk up Toronto and Ottawa but I am not so sure it makes it down to the players. Icould be totallt off base with my last comment IDK!
PRIDE-PASSION-DETERMINATION-FAITH-ST.LOUIS BLUES----

#8 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

Can I take this a different route and list them by order in which I hate them???

1. Montreal: they jumped due to the "controversy" of non-French speaking personell.

2. Vancouver: Ryan Kesler is from Ohio State and can't take being Kronwalled without crying about it.

3. Calgary: because their front office thinks that placing 7th-8th in the conference is "going for it" and they hold Iggy hostage.

4. Toronto: their fanbase is going to make the Winter Classic a 50-50 distribution at the Big House. They are cult-like....

5. Edmonton: meh, really obnoxious goal horn that they played for a solid min. every time they scored in the '06 playoffs.

6. Ottawa: Paully Mac is doing a great job. Good for them.

7. Winnepeg: blank

#9 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:29 AM

2. Vancouver: Ryan Kesler is from Ohio State and can't take being Kronwalled without crying about it.

He apparently was also more of an Avalanche fan even though he grew up in Michigan. A lot of that was because of Joe Sakic, but still.

#10 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

He apparently was also more of an Avalanche fan even though he grew up in Michigan. A lot of that was because of Joe Sakic, but still.

I thought I heard he was a North Stars/Modano fan?

Regardless, he is a fake Michigander.

#11 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

2. Vancouver: Ryan Kesler is from Ohio State

THIS...OH THIS...THISSY MCTHISSERSON.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#12 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

I thought I heard he was a North Stars/Modano fan?

That too.

I guess Yzerman wasn't good enough for him.

#13 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Living close to Toronto and having friends and family in Ottawa. this is how I see it...

Montral hates Boston and Toronto secondary

Toronto hates Montreal and Ottawa secondary

Ottawa just hates Toronto (I call it the Ontario/Quebec anti-love triangle)

Winnipeg used to be and is back to being the harmless long lost step child.

Calgary and Edmonton has hatered that spilled over long before they had NHL team. It started with there Canadian football teams.

and I agree that everyone hates Vancover that is not a fan.

That being said watching the NHL all-star draft I think Ottawa just past the Vancover for being the most classless fans. My 3 year old daughter had more maturity then the guys in the crowd.

my .02
"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#14 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Vancouver hates everyone and everything outside their isolated city, they win.

Edit: Seriously, I'd vote Calgary-Edmonton.

Being without the Jets for 16 years, all Winnipegers have their own hated teams... me being a lifelong Wings fan, as well as Boston and Chicago, i thoroughly despise Vancouver, Pittsburgh, San Jose and Phoenix. So to take my agression out on these teams in a healthy manner, i do the following:
In NHL 12, i go in GM mode and "replace teams"... i swap the all star teams in place of the other teams in the central division and then swap them out for those 4 teams thus making it so i get to play the teams i have 8 times per year instead of teams i like such as chicago and st. louis. i'll be honest, i put the hitting to 99 for kronner, stuart, ericsson, kindl, abby, franzen and the speed as well for helm...so i hit the guys like Kesler and the sisters pretty hard. i find this is a healthy outlet for my hatred/rivalry.

if i had to pick 1 team though, i'd have to say Vancouver as we had to suffer with having our only pro hockey team the past long time be the moose, who were the canucks farm team and we had to watch guys like bieksa and kesler mould into the supreme douchenozzles that you all see today... god i hate the cauncks!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#15 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgXCohmzcM

i could watch tucker get hit from behind all day long and twice on Sunday.
Posted Image

#16 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

5. Edmonton: meh, really obnoxious goal horn that they played for a solid min. every time they scored in the '06 playoffs.

:lol:

oddly specific.
Posted Image

#17 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

:lol:

oddly specific.

it was ear-piercing

Edited by unsaddleddonald, 27 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#18 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I always thought Toronto and Montreal hated each other the most, not Toronto and Ottawa.

#19 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:03 PM

I always thought Toronto and Montreal hated each other the most, not Toronto and Ottawa.

This, these two teams go WAY back and then there is the whole english vs french thing.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors