• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Wings Addict

Rank the Hate between the Canadian NHL Teams

Rate this topic

Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton.

If you could rank the amount of pure hatred between any of the two teams and the team's fans what would it look like?

Do Edmonton and Calgary hate each other more than, say, Ottawa and Toronto? Or do Vancouver and Toronto hate each other more than anybody?

Obviously Winnipeg hasn't been in the hate game for a while now.

Guest irishock

Nothing beats Ottawa vs Toronto, the rest I'm not too sure about. I know I ******* hate the Oilers for blowing our epic 2005-06 season.

Yeah, it should have been a penalty, but if anyone deserved it, its was that dirty SOB Tucker. Its not like Tucker, Domi and Roberts never did anything like that in Leafs jerseys...

Nowadays, probably Calgary-Edmonton. Before the lockout it was definitely Ottawa-Toronto, but since they haven't met in the playoffs the rivalry hasn't had quite the same edge to it.

edit: I know Calgary and Edmonton haven't met in the playoffs either :blush: but they're both pretty nasty, physical teams, their games usually get chippy very fast.

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Can I take this a different route and list them by order in which I hate them???

1. Montreal: they jumped due to the "controversy" of non-French speaking personell.

2. Vancouver: Ryan Kesler is from Ohio State and can't take being Kronwalled without crying about it.

3. Calgary: because their front office thinks that placing 7th-8th in the conference is "going for it" and they hold Iggy hostage.

4. Toronto: their fanbase is going to make the Winter Classic a 50-50 distribution at the Big House. They are cult-like....

5. Edmonton: meh, really obnoxious goal horn that they played for a solid min. every time they scored in the '06 playoffs.

6. Ottawa: Paully Mac is doing a great job. Good for them.

7. Winnepeg: blank

Living close to Toronto and having friends and family in Ottawa. this is how I see it...

Montral hates Boston and Toronto secondary

Toronto hates Montreal and Ottawa secondary

Ottawa just hates Toronto (I call it the Ontario/Quebec anti-love triangle)

Winnipeg used to be and is back to being the harmless long lost step child.

Calgary and Edmonton has hatered that spilled over long before they had NHL team. It started with there Canadian football teams.

and I agree that everyone hates Vancover that is not a fan.

That being said watching the NHL all-star draft I think Ottawa just past the Vancover for being the most classless fans. My 3 year old daughter had more maturity then the guys in the crowd.

my .02

Vancouver hates everyone and everything outside their isolated city, they win.

Edit: Seriously, I'd vote Calgary-Edmonton.

Being without the Jets for 16 years, all Winnipegers have their own hated teams... me being a lifelong Wings fan, as well as Boston and Chicago, i thoroughly despise Vancouver, Pittsburgh, San Jose and Phoenix. So to take my agression out on these teams in a healthy manner, i do the following:

In NHL 12, i go in GM mode and "replace teams"... i swap the all star teams in place of the other teams in the central division and then swap them out for those 4 teams thus making it so i get to play the teams i have 8 times per year instead of teams i like such as chicago and st. louis. i'll be honest, i put the hitting to 99 for kronner, stuart, ericsson, kindl, abby, franzen and the speed as well for helm...so i hit the guys like Kesler and the sisters pretty hard. i find this is a healthy outlet for my hatred/rivalry.

if i had to pick 1 team though, i'd have to say Vancouver as we had to suffer with having our only pro hockey team the past long time be the moose, who were the canucks farm team and we had to watch guys like bieksa and kesler mould into the supreme douchenozzles that you all see today... god i hate the cauncks!