• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arag

Datsyuk No 1 Pick for All Star

Rate this topic

What's weird though is that as I look at the other players on Team Chara, none of them really scream out, "Oh man! It'd be so awesome if Pavel could play with this guy on the same line for the Red Wings!"

Or am I alone in that sentiment?

Geno Malkin and Hossa? Yes, I'd pay some cash to see that for sure. Kane as well.

Geno Malkin and Hossa? Yes, I'd pay some cash to see that for sure. Kane as well.

Geno and Pav both need to dominate the puck and the center of the ice imo if you want them at their absolute best. They both need to freewheel their own thing and they can't both play center. If this were Team Russia that we're talking about then it's different because the players are always much more flexible when it comes to a gold medal. An 82 game NHL season? Not so much.

Hossa, well, we've seen that before. They're both great players for sure. At the same time, they just didn't have great chemistry imo for whatever reason.

Kane? Definitely worth a trial look. At the same time, it's kind of like Malkin. If you're going to play next to Pav you simply won't get the puck as much. Kane is a guy that to me needs to hog the puck a little to play well.

Pav... Is... Number One!

Don’t matter if ya like it, herr take it, sit down and write it

Now let me ask ya Pav

What does it take to be number one

Ovi is not a winner and Sid nobody remembers

(all in good fun for the moment, don't paste a bunch of stupid stats for a pointless argument)

YEPPPPPPP thumbup.gif

Is that you Dave Hester? Lol. (Storage Wars?)

Geno and Pav both need to dominate the puck and the center of the ice imo if you want them at their absolute best. They both need to freewheel their own thing and they can't both play center. If this were Team Russia that we're talking about then it's different because the players are always much more flexible when it comes to a gold medal. An 82 game NHL season? Not so much.

Hossa, well, we've seen that before. They're both great players for sure. At the same time, they just didn't have great chemistry imo for whatever reason.

Kane? Definitely worth a trial look. At the same time, it's kind of like Malkin. If you're going to play next to Pav you simply won't get the puck as much. Kane is a guy that to me needs to hog the puck a little to play well.

I will agree that a lot of these players like the puck and wsnt the puck... But it makes me drool a little think about a PP that has Homer in front and datsyuk feeding Malkin for one timers....

What's weird though is that as I look at the other players on Team Chara, none of them really scream out, "Oh man! It'd be so awesome if Pavel could play with this guy on the same line for the Red Wings!"

Or am I alone in that sentiment?

Seriously??

Gaborik, Iginla, Kessel, Seguin, or how about Corey Perry?? I hope they do put Datsyuk and Perry on the same line, that would be interesting :!:

It's awesome that the biggest, most badass, 2nd only to Norris Nick, Stanley Cup, Norris Trophy winning defensemen has such mad respect and hockey love for our very own Pavel Datsyuk that he picks him number one.

You know that Pavel knocking Chara on his ass was the icing on the cake.

Seriously??

Gaborik, Iginla, Kessel, Seguin, or how about Corey Perry?? I hope they do put Datsyuk and Perry on the same line, that would be interesting :!:

A fight between two players onbthe same team. That'd make the allstar game worth watching

I would personally very much like to see Datsyuk centre Seguin and Eberle. that line would be exciting. either that or have dats with gaborik and hossa. that line would be unstoppable. all things considered, it would be funny if dats was on a line with perry...just sayin'

I like how iginla and perry are on his team , theyll see how great it is to play with him and want to come to detroit :)

One can only hope. But seriously, how many trades come as a result of an ASG?

I believe that if the Wings can right their road woes, Datsyuk is gonna fly past Malkin for the scoring lead and solidify his first Hart Trophy. Although this is just the ASG, when the voters vote for the Hart, this will be in the back of thier minds that he went first overall in a fantasy draft amongst the elite of elite players in the NHL...We are witnessing the birth of not just a Detroit superstar but an NHL superstar that FINALLY gets his just deserts...

Guest irishock

I wasn't surprised Datsyuk went no.1 when I found out Chara gets the top pick. After that game in November when he took down Datsyuk and his helmet, Pavel goes back down the ice and takes a hit at Chara, a guy twice his size. Also, even though Datsyuk wouldn't be number 1 on a lot of fantasy/media picks, the players in the league know exactly how good Pavel Datsyuk is on the ice. He's the best all around player in the league today and along with Lidstrom, are the most respected in the game.

He's doing the shootout, along with Malkin and Iginla. Should be interesting.

I love this quote..."Never in my life was I picked first. Ever since I was a child playing pick-up games, I was picked closer to the end or dead last. Finally, I know what guys feel and experience when they get picked that early."

How humble...

Edited by Kira