• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Dreger's mailbag

Rate this topic

I really hope that the Wings acquire Morrow! I am sure it will cost some prospects along with a roster player. But he is every bit worth it as long as Dallas doesn't try to high ball Holland with a deal that they know Holland won't do...

I still think if the Wings got Morrow, Hemsky and Nabokov for the playoff run, they would be a formidable force no doubt! Even if one of our rivals scooped up Perry or Iginla. The Wings have shown before that they can handle those guys. Unless it is a deal that cannot be passed up, I don't think Holland gets Perry/Ryan/Iginla.

But back on topic, Morrow would be totally awesome here, plus he is signed for another season so he would be able to see exactly what being a Red Wing is all about and not just spend a few months here and bolt. Brenden Morrow is a keeper. He would be worth signing on long term before he becomes a UFA.

Morrow would have to give his ' a-okay' with any move, being he has a ntc!

Yes, you are correct! What have we all been thinking?!?!? :lol:

Anyway, we all know he has a NTC, but I think that if he had a short list of teams he would accept a trade to, Detroit more than likely would be on it...but thanks for yelling at us about it! :hysterical:

If we got Morrow and Moen at the deadline... I don't know my reaction. We'd be the favorites to win the cup, that's for sure.

Bertuzzi-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filppula-Zetterberg-Morrow

Moen-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves/Holmstrom

Be nice to pick up a 4th line center so Abby could move to the wing, but still.

Getting Moen and Morrow would make us a tougher team to compete with come playoff time.

Of course, then the other Cup contenders might snag Perry, Iginla, Ryan or Parise, which would give them more firepower.

Iginla reportedly is not being moved, they still think they are a playoff team in Calgary apparently. Never say never of course. Parise I hope Holland makes a stab at...

Suter said today that he won't resign with the Predators until after the trade deadline. This is an attempt to force them into trading for offensive help, which is a condition he and Weber have both said previously as to their resigning with the team. I think the Wings chances for getting Suter grow slimmer by the day.

I really hope that the Wings acquire Morrow! I am sure it will cost some prospects along with a roster player. But he is every bit worth it as long as Dallas doesn't try to high ball Holland with a deal that they know Holland won't do...

I still think if the Wings got Morrow, Hemsky and Nabokov for the playoff run, they would be a formidable force no doubt! Even if one of our rivals scooped up Perry or Iginla. The Wings have shown before that they can handle those guys. Unless it is a deal that cannot be passed up, I don't think Holland gets Perry/Ryan/Iginla.

But back on topic, Morrow would be totally awesome here, plus he is signed for another season so he would be able to see exactly what being a Red Wing is all about and not just spend a few months here and bolt. Brenden Morrow is a keeper. He would be worth signing on long term before he becomes a UFA.

I hope they stay away from overpriced, often injured Hemsky. Seems like we're the annual target to trade for him..

I think we get a backup goalie, and Conklin goes to Grand Rapids, or another team via the waiver wire.

Wings should get a defenseman like a Gleason, because I don't like our chances if Commodore has to play often, and Kindl has been not so good lately. Smith may play in the playoffs though, which is fine with me.

I'd much rather get a point producer like Vermette, A.Kostitsyn, Grabovski, Hemsky or Selanne, or a defenseman like Gleason than just bottom line grinder like Morrow or Moen. You should get those type players via free agency because having to give up assets for them is just bad hockey management they are a dime a dozen in the league. Morrow would have been great a few years ago before his injuries, but he's a shell of himself especially for his projected cost, if Holland can get a good deal I'd love it, I just don't see Dallas trading their captain for scraps. And Moen is just a older, slower version of Abdelkader.

Edited by Carman

Morrow and Moen is what we need. Prust and Ruutu would be nice too.

Morrow-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filppula-Zetterberg-Ruutu

Mursak-Helm-Bertuzzi

Moen-Abdelkader-Prust

Lidstrom - White

Stuart - Kronwall

Ericsson - Commandore

I love the looks to this lineup, but there's no way the Rangers deal Prust. Also, you're missing Holmstrom. Realistically, this is what I'd like to see:

Morrow-Datsyuk-Franzen

Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler

Moen-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Mursak

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Commodore

Kindl

I think we'll be able to get one of Moen or Morrow, but even the thought of being able to get both of them seems a litte unrealistic. We don't have that many bargaining chips. We'll find out.

i am really surprised at how many people are advocating multiple changes... i know you all want us to get tougher and grittier, but personally, i would rather only make 1 or possibly 2 roster changes down the stretch. its kind of silly to throw off the chemistry of a team that has been top 5 in goals scored and goals against most of the season...

i am really surprised at how many people are advocating multiple changes... i know you all want us to get tougher and grittier, but personally, i would rather only make 1 or possibly 2 roster changes down the stretch. its kind of silly to throw off the chemistry of a team that has been top 5 in goals scored and goals against most of the season...

Yeah I don't want to see us to tinker with the roster too much, but I feel a change or two would benefit the team down the road in the playoffs.