• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jollymania

Dreger's mailbag

Rate this topic

Last time I checked... we have too many forwards with plenty of depth... we don't have top end depth... so why would Moen help our team? Because he is a tough guy? I could care less about that, sorry but Miller can play better defense than Moen, Mursak has better upside, and Eaves can bring more offense. I just look at the roster and I don't think adding depth forwards is necessary unless we move a bunch of forwards in the trades. With the way the Wings are playing I don't like that idea. I didn't even bring up the fact Nyquvist could play too if needed.

I definitely do not want to give up our prospects for these guys.

I completely disagree. Moen is one of the better bottom 6ers in the league actually. Defensively, he was a critical part of the best checking line assembled since the grind line and is a great PKer. Saying Miller is better defensively only shows you haven't watched Moen play or youre a homer because Miller is on the wings.

As for Eaves bringing more offense, yeah maybe about 5 more points a season. Moen already has 9 goals this year in 46 games. Eaves has only ever scored 13 as a redwing and now who knows how he'll be when he returns. Moen has 16 points already this season, the most Eaves has had as a wing is 22. Moen has also never played on a team with the depth Detroit has except for on that 07 ducks team.

So basically, Moen is better defensively then Miller and I would say on par with Eaves (pre injury eaves) offensively, while being a better PKer then these guys, a solid hitter (wings dont have many of these) and also a very solid fighter who is also willing (wings have none). He is a MUCH better option then Emmerton, Mursak (He doe have upside but has limited time to get in shape), Eaves (injured and out of shape), hes better than Miller, and provides everything Abdelkaderr does while being better.

Moen is the perfect bottom 6 toughness this team needs to add, giving Emmerton and a 5th would be a good deal for him

How does the potential of getting Moen (perhaps) and Morrow (yes please) turn into an enforcer/fighting thread?

I think goon and pansy alike could appreciate a Brendan Morrow, or even a Travis Moen being on the Red Wings.

:lol: That's a good way to put it. But it's true, both players would make us better and more balanced so why not? Sure we'd all like Zach Parise but that's probably not as realistic as the names we've been hearing more and more from the media types like Moen and Morrow.

and provides everything Abdelkaderr does while being better.

Moen is the perfect bottom 6 toughness this team needs to add, giving Emmerton and a 5th would be a good deal for him

Everything Abdelkader can provide? Abdelkader is a much better skater, much better offensive skills(althought Abdelkader has struggled offensive since making the switch to center but is still better than Moen) and is much younger has better F/O Percentage than 36% for Moen last year compared to Abdelkader 52%, and 40% this year to Abdelkader's 51%. Hell Moen doesn't really even take faceoffs for Montreal anymore(only 12 this year), Abdelkader has 97 hits compared to Moen's 73 and Moen gets about 4:00 Minutes more a game.

I like Moen he's a solid player, but he's not better than Abdelkader just because he has a crappy talent at punching people, that's for boxing not hockey.

Everything Abdelkader can provide? Abdelkader is a much better skater, much better offensive skills(althought Abdelkader has struggled offensive since making the switch to center but is still better than Moen) and is much younger has better F/O Percentage than 36% for Moen last year compared to Abdelkader 52%, and 40% this year to Abdelkader's 51%. Hell Moen doesn't really even take faceoffs for Montreal anymore(only 12 this year), Abdelkader has 97 hits compared to Moen's 73 and Moen gets about 4:00 Minutes more a game.

I like Moen he's a solid player, but he's not better than Abdelkader just because he has a crappy talent at punching people, that's for boxing not hockey.

Moen has a talent for punching people, with his one more fight then Abdelkader this year youre right thats why I like him more, give your head a shake.

I guess we agree to disagree, Moen is a very solid skater and at least on par with Abdelader. As for faceoff percentage, well no s*** hes a left winger thats why he doesnt take draws? :rolleyes:

One thing Moen does do, is be on the go to PKing pairing for the leagues number 1 penalty kill. Hmm, lets see where does Detroit need help... Oh thats right the penalty kill and the coach also wants a tough, physical winger for the playoff run. Adding Moen is perfect for what the wings want and need to improve, you have to be blind to not see that.

It doesnt matter if you like Abdeklader more or not (I think hes developing into a VERY solid player) but he and Moen would work perfectly with eachother. Abdelkader is a great defensive center, shut down Doan last year in the playoffs and Moen is also great defensively while both are tough.

How does the potential of getting Moen (perhaps) and Morrow (yes please) turn into an enforcer/fighting thread?

I think goon and pansy alike could appreciate a Brendan Morrow, or even a Travis Moen being on the Red Wings.

Who are you calling a pansy?

Who's your favorite figure skater? I've always wanted to know.