• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

and provides everything Abdelkaderr does while being better.

Moen is the perfect bottom 6 toughness this team needs to add, giving Emmerton and a 5th would be a good deal for him

Everything Abdelkader can provide? Abdelkader is a much better skater, much better offensive skills(althought Abdelkader has struggled offensive since making the switch to center but is still better than Moen) and is much younger has better F/O Percentage than 36% for Moen last year compared to Abdelkader 52%, and 40% this year to Abdelkader's 51%. Hell Moen doesn't really even take faceoffs for Montreal anymore(only 12 this year), Abdelkader has 97 hits compared to Moen's 73 and Moen gets about 4:00 Minutes more a game.

I like Moen he's a solid player, but he's not better than Abdelkader just because he has a crappy talent at punching people, that's for boxing not hockey.

#82 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:12 PM

How does the potential of getting Moen (perhaps) and Morrow (yes please) turn into an enforcer/fighting thread?

I think goon and pansy alike could appreciate a Brendan Morrow, or even a Travis Moen being on the Red Wings.

well said.

#83 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

Everything Abdelkader can provide? Abdelkader is a much better skater, much better offensive skills(althought Abdelkader has struggled offensive since making the switch to center but is still better than Moen) and is much younger has better F/O Percentage than 36% for Moen last year compared to Abdelkader 52%, and 40% this year to Abdelkader's 51%. Hell Moen doesn't really even take faceoffs for Montreal anymore(only 12 this year), Abdelkader has 97 hits compared to Moen's 73 and Moen gets about 4:00 Minutes more a game.

I like Moen he's a solid player, but he's not better than Abdelkader just because he has a crappy talent at punching people, that's for boxing not hockey.

Moen has a talent for punching people, with his one more fight then Abdelkader this year youre right thats why I like him more, give your head a shake.

I guess we agree to disagree, Moen is a very solid skater and at least on par with Abdelader. As for faceoff percentage, well no s*** hes a left winger thats why he doesnt take draws? :rolleyes:

One thing Moen does do, is be on the go to PKing pairing for the leagues number 1 penalty kill. Hmm, lets see where does Detroit need help... Oh thats right the penalty kill and the coach also wants a tough, physical winger for the playoff run. Adding Moen is perfect for what the wings want and need to improve, you have to be blind to not see that.

It doesnt matter if you like Abdeklader more or not (I think hes developing into a VERY solid player) but he and Moen would work perfectly with eachother. Abdelkader is a great defensive center, shut down Doan last year in the playoffs and Moen is also great defensively while both are tough.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#84 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

How does the potential of getting Moen (perhaps) and Morrow (yes please) turn into an enforcer/fighting thread?

I think goon and pansy alike could appreciate a Brendan Morrow, or even a Travis Moen being on the Red Wings.

Who are you calling a pansy?

Who's your favorite figure skater? I've always wanted to know.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.