• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#41 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Ericsson and Bertuzzi both have modified NTC (I don't know that the details were ever made public) and likely aren't going anywhere, unless they themselves want a change of scenery.

Homer has a NTC as well.

EDIT: just realized you probably meant "cannot be traded" as in "no way in hell would you want them traded."

Do we even know the details of Ericsson's no trade clause?

I was under the impression it was one of those "pick a number of teams he would accept being traded to" clauses.

Posted Image

#42 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:56 PM

I really don't get why people are even considering to trade Flip.

He can/will be just better, year after year. Couple of years ago everybody wanted to trade Dats for either Luongo or Thornton... and now?
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#43 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:14 PM

I was under the impression it was one of those "pick a number of teams he would accept being traded to" clauses.

I don't know that anyone knows the details outside of the Wings organization. But you're probably right in that it's some sort of acceptable teams situation.

#44 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Ericsson and Bertuzzi both have modified NTC (I don't know that the details were ever made public) and likely aren't going anywhere, unless they themselves want a change of scenery.

Homer has a NTC as well.

EDIT: just realized you probably meant "cannot be traded" as in "no way in hell would you want them traded."

I said in the post that there is no regard to if they can be traded or if they have value. Just people that are off limits in my book.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#45 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

Personally, if someone didn't want me anymore, I'd waive my no-trade clause and play somewhere else.

That's probably not true, but I hope Ericsson feels that way. ;)
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#46 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

What is the chance of Holland actually trading Ericsson? As much as I would like to see him go. I don't think that it will happen till his contract is up.

#47 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

Ok, I don't get it. Franzen is one of the top playoff performers in the league the past 3-4 years. He is currently leading the entire league in Game winning Goals, he's on pace for 67 points and 31 goals and is +25. His point totals have increased the last 4 years (except the year when he had knee surgery)) 30, 38, 59, 55, 67. He has played over 70 games in 4 of the last 5 years. He's only 32.

So why do we want to trade him?

Somebody explain this to me.

Be happy you don't get it. There is nothing to get other than those people are missing the entire poiint of Red Wing hockey. And Filp is finally having his breakout year, yet people want to trade him.

#48 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

What is the chance of Holland actually trading Ericsson? As much as I would like to see him go. I don't think that it will happen till his contract is up.

If E goes you can bet Holland is 100% positive he'll retain Stuart or Lidstrom will return (unlikely). Holland's not a big fan of having a huge turn-over between any two years. With Lidstrom and Stuart likely leaving I doubt he'd want fully half of the top six d-core gone. The number of players moving out of our D really worked to Ericsson's advantage when he signed his contract this summer.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#49 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Be happy you don't get it. There is nothing to get other than those people are missing the entire poiint of Red Wing hockey. And Filp is finally having his breakout year, yet people want to trade him.

Makes me glad Ken Holland is in charge.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#50 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Players that I could care less if we lose are bold
Players that I would move but it would be painful to me are underlined
Players that I wouldn't want to move are italic
Players that CANNOT BE TRADED ARE REDACTED BECAUSE I WOULD RIOT

All of this is assuming we make a trade to improve our team. NONE OF THIS SUGGESTS ANY VALUE TO THE PLAYER IN TERMS OF TRADE. This is just my estimation of what I think our organizational strengths are.

Valtteri Filppula
Johan Franzen
Drew Miller
Cory Emmerton*
Chris Conner (M)
Gustav Nyquist* (M)
Tomas Tatar* (M)
Fabian Brunnstrom (M)
Brent Raedeke* (M)
Chris Minard (M)
Teemu Pulkkinen* (E)
Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Darren Helm

Justin Abdelkader
Joakim Andersson* (M)
Francis Pare* (M)
Louis-Marc Aubry* (M)
Jamie Johnson (M)
Calle Jarnkrok* (E)
Riley Sheahan* ©
Alan Quine* (J)
Brooks Macek* (J)
Jesper Samuelsson* (E)
Julien Cayer* ©
Dan Cleary
Todd Bertuzzi
Jiri Hudler
Tomas Holmstrom
Patrick Eaves (IR)
Jan Mursak*
Landon Ferraro* (M)
Mitchell Callahan* (M)
Willie Coetzee* (M)
Trevor Parkes* (M)
Andrej Nestrasil* (M)
Tomas Jurco* (J)
Marek Tvrdon* (J)
Philippe Hudon* (J)
DEFENSE / GOALTENDER
Defense
Goaltender
Ian White
Nicklas Lidstrom
Niklas Kronwall

Brad Stuart
Jonathan Ericsson
Mike Commodore
Jakub Kindl
Brendan Smith* (M)
Garnet Exelby (M)
Doug Janik (M)
Logan Pyett* (M)
Brian Lashoff* (M)
Travis Ehrhardt* (M)
Sebastien Piche* (M)
Gleason Fournier* (M)

Adam Almqvist* (E)
Xavier Ouellet* (J)
Max Nicastro* ©
Ryan Sproul* (J)
Richard Nedomlel* (J)
Benjamin Marshall* ©
Nick Jensen* ©
Mattias Backman* (E)
Alexei Marchenko* (E)
Jimmy Howard
Ty Conklin
Joey MacDonald (M)
Jordan Pearce* (M)
Thomas McCollum* (M)

Petr Mrazek* (J)

I know there is going to be much talk about this list as absurd, that we can't get much of anyone without offering up more. I say we use draft picks instead of these prospects.

Sorry to those who think I am undervaluing the tougher and bigger guys in favor of the skill guys... but I am. That is what we use and are good with. I just find these players as having a better chance of having a big impact.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#51 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

Players that I could care less if we lose are bold
Players that I would move but it would be painful to me are underlined
Players that I wouldn't want to move are italic
Players that CANNOT BE TRADED ARE REDACTED BECAUSE I WOULD RIOT

All of this is assuming we make a trade to improve our team. NONE OF THIS SUGGESTS ANY VALUE TO THE PLAYER IN TERMS OF TRADE. This is just my estimation of what I think our organizational strengths are.

[Gustav Nyquist* (M)
Tomas Tatar* (M)

Very detailed list, but nothing wrong with that. I find it strange that you value Tatar more than Nyquist though.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#52 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Very detailed list, but nothing wrong with that. I find it strange that you value Tatar more than Nyquist though.

Tatar I believe has much more potential than Nyquist... Nyquist is way more advanced now and NHL ready. It is just a gut call that Tatar superior skill set will translate to more goals in the NHL. Honestly, Gustav might end up getting more points with a more well rounded game. I just keep thinking Tatar is a first liner down the road, where as I keep seeing Nye as a second line guy.

I really don't want to lose either, and neither does Holland.

The new rumors have Kenny as being gunshy again to trade anything away.

#53 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

This team is good. I am not excited about screwing it all up. Trading away dependable, inexpensive 4th liners for a locker room cancer like Jeff Carter; no thanks. No team is going to do Detroit any favors as usual, why would they? I think if a good plugger, thats got a tough side, gets dealt late in the day at the deadline, I think it's a positive thing. I know the majority on here want to make a huge splash with a big name, but those names that are available don't win playoff series. Your third and fourth liners grit is typically the determining factor in playoff wins! We all should be happy, we don't need much.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#54 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

<5%

I still don't get where depth is an issue... scoring depth maybe, which equates to top six forward. Can't get one of those without giving up what Holland says he doesn't want to...

It just seems like more and more the market isn't what we need to help us. Not enough sellers, too many buyers.

I think Morrow, Selanne, or JVR are the only trades that make sense. Morrow prob is the only realistic one.

I would like JVR, but it would cost a defenseman now... I don't they want any of our guys enough, and I don't really want to give up Smith. Kindl would have to be the main piece unless we could fool them into taking E. :hehe: Even then it still would be pricy. I would imagine they would still want prospects and multiple picks.

#55 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

you would be pained to mover miller??? hell i would pack his bags and move all his furniture to his new location if i could.

at least you had callahan underlined :clap:
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#56 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

you would be pained to mover miller??? hell i would pack his bags and move all his furniture to his new location if i could.

at least you had callahan underlined :clap:

Again, what more do you want for a player making the minimum, causes no trouble not playing every night, and can be used in every situation and at least be counted on not to make a mistake. The other night when he coughed the puck up and lost a goal, he worked his ass off and got it back.

Miller will not yield anything better in trade then what we already have in Miller.

I am sorry but people who don't get the idea of value in players don't understand how to build a winner.

I am sure you would rather have someone on the team that will drop the gloves or try for a big hit, and while doing this is an anchor to an entire line, and costs us games. We don't need goons, we need hustle and heart. Right now Miller is in the top half of our team in that yet gets paid peanuts. Emmerton and Eaves both deserve the boot before Miller.

#57 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:06 AM

No one mentioned Ericsson.

Probably because no one would take him for that contract.

dallas would I think, although now under the new ownership it might change.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#58 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

ok...my two cents...
using math and a quantum physic/chaos algorithm i have deduced who we will get.

first lets look at the numbers....

roy #9 that wont work....
gaustad #28
ruuttu #15
gagner #89
jvr #21
moen #32
visnovsky #17
hemsky #83
macarthur #16 no one wears that number here....
kulemin #41
carter #7 terrible ted will have your head if you touch his number...
morrow #10 you tell Delvecchio you need that number...
smyth #94
selanne #8
parise #9 mr. howe isnt gonna let you wear that here....
elias #26
semin #28
malone #12 yea...try and pry it from the rafters pal...
moore #19 yea...several reasons why not...
sutton #25
gill #75
b. allen #5 more reasons why not...
b.ryan #9 not gonna wear that here...
huselius #20

all adds up to 602 (removing the insolent players)
using the specialized formula we end up with 24.535688
of course you cant put that on a jersey so we will round up and acquire sutton #25 at the deadline.

ha!

bank it.

:lol:

yea...i was bored. stupid late faceoffs.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#59 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Note how fighting has not turned this game around. It has nothing to do with who is fighting, it has to do with the fact we aren't scoring. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't have quality depth, it has to do with our top six. We need to add a good top six forward and balance out the talent.

I still say Fil Dats and Franzen need to be together on the top line... but there is nothing else to make the second line really respectable. Cleary, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Homer... these guys cannot help Zetter. We are two top six forwards short honestly... Maybe Hudler and Zetter can work together if they get the right chemistry guy.

#60 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Again, what more do you want for a player making the minimum, causes no trouble not playing every night, and can be used in every situation and at least be counted on not to make a mistake. The other night when he coughed the puck up and lost a goal, he worked his ass off and got it back.

Miller will not yield anything better in trade then what we already have in Miller.

I am sorry but people who don't get the idea of value in players don't understand how to build a winner.

I am sure you would rather have someone on the team that will drop the gloves or try for a big hit, and while doing this is an anchor to an entire line, and costs us games. We don't need goons, we need hustle and heart. Right now Miller is in the top half of our team in that yet gets paid peanuts. Emmerton and Eaves both deserve the boot before Miller.

Well put.

I was luke warm on Miller, seeing his main assets as being a character, depth grinder, but now I am totally rooting for the guy. Hard worker, pays the price to get to the dirty areas and scores the ugly goals that still count as much as a Datsyukian Deke.