Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Who Could be Dealt at the Deadline?

Rate this topic

Players that I could care less if we lose are bold

Players that I would move but it would be painful to me are underlined

Players that I wouldn't want to move are italic

Players that CANNOT BE TRADED ARE REDACTED BECAUSE I WOULD RIOT

All of this is assuming we make a trade to improve our team. NONE OF THIS SUGGESTS ANY VALUE TO THE PLAYER IN TERMS OF TRADE. This is just my estimation of what I think our organizational strengths are.

[Gustav Nyquist* (M)

Tomas Tatar* (M)

Very detailed list, but nothing wrong with that. I find it strange that you value Tatar more than Nyquist though.

Very detailed list, but nothing wrong with that. I find it strange that you value Tatar more than Nyquist though.

Tatar I believe has much more potential than Nyquist... Nyquist is way more advanced now and NHL ready. It is just a gut call that Tatar superior skill set will translate to more goals in the NHL. Honestly, Gustav might end up getting more points with a more well rounded game. I just keep thinking Tatar is a first liner down the road, where as I keep seeing Nye as a second line guy.

I really don't want to lose either, and neither does Holland.

The new rumors have Kenny as being gunshy again to trade anything away.

This team is good. I am not excited about screwing it all up. Trading away dependable, inexpensive 4th liners for a locker room cancer like Jeff Carter; no thanks. No team is going to do Detroit any favors as usual, why would they? I think if a good plugger, thats got a tough side, gets dealt late in the day at the deadline, I think it's a positive thing. I know the majority on here want to make a huge splash with a big name, but those names that are available don't win playoff series. Your third and fourth liners grit is typically the determining factor in playoff wins! We all should be happy, we don't need much.

What is the chance of Holland actually trading Ericsson? As much as I would like to see him go. I don't think that it will happen till his contract is up.

<5%

I still don't get where depth is an issue... scoring depth maybe, which equates to top six forward. Can't get one of those without giving up what Holland says he doesn't want to...

It just seems like more and more the market isn't what we need to help us. Not enough sellers, too many buyers.

I think Morrow, Selanne, or JVR are the only trades that make sense. Morrow prob is the only realistic one.

I would like JVR, but it would cost a defenseman now... I don't they want any of our guys enough, and I don't really want to give up Smith. Kindl would have to be the main piece unless we could fool them into taking E. :hehe: Even then it still would be pricy. I would imagine they would still want prospects and multiple picks.

you would be pained to mover miller??? hell i would pack his bags and move all his furniture to his new location if i could.

at least you had callahan underlined :clap:

Again, what more do you want for a player making the minimum, causes no trouble not playing every night, and can be used in every situation and at least be counted on not to make a mistake. The other night when he coughed the puck up and lost a goal, he worked his ass off and got it back.

Miller will not yield anything better in trade then what we already have in Miller.

I am sorry but people who don't get the idea of value in players don't understand how to build a winner.

I am sure you would rather have someone on the team that will drop the gloves or try for a big hit, and while doing this is an anchor to an entire line, and costs us games. We don't need goons, we need hustle and heart. Right now Miller is in the top half of our team in that yet gets paid peanuts. Emmerton and Eaves both deserve the boot before Miller.

ok...my two cents...

using math and a quantum physic/chaos algorithm i have deduced who we will get.

first lets look at the numbers....

roy #9 that wont work....

gaustad #28

ruuttu #15

gagner #89

jvr #21

moen #32

visnovsky #17

hemsky #83

macarthur #16 no one wears that number here....

kulemin #41

carter #7 terrible ted will have your head if you touch his number...

morrow #10 you tell Delvecchio you need that number...

smyth #94

selanne #8

parise #9 mr. howe isnt gonna let you wear that here....

elias #26

semin #28

malone #12 yea...try and pry it from the rafters pal...

moore #19 yea...several reasons why not...

sutton #25

gill #75

b. allen #5 more reasons why not...

b.ryan #9 not gonna wear that here...

huselius #20

all adds up to 602 (removing the insolent players)

using the specialized formula we end up with 24.535688

of course you cant put that on a jersey so we will round up and acquire sutton #25 at the deadline.

ha!

bank it.

:lol:

yea...i was bored. stupid late faceoffs.

Note how fighting has not turned this game around. It has nothing to do with who is fighting, it has to do with the fact we aren't scoring. It has nothing to do with the fact that we don't have quality depth, it has to do with our top six. We need to add a good top six forward and balance out the talent.

I still say Fil Dats and Franzen need to be together on the top line... but there is nothing else to make the second line really respectable. Cleary, Hudler, Bertuzzi, Homer... these guys cannot help Zetter. We are two top six forwards short honestly... Maybe Hudler and Zetter can work together if they get the right chemistry guy.

Again, what more do you want for a player making the minimum, causes no trouble not playing every night, and can be used in every situation and at least be counted on not to make a mistake. The other night when he coughed the puck up and lost a goal, he worked his ass off and got it back.

Miller will not yield anything better in trade then what we already have in Miller.

I am sorry but people who don't get the idea of value in players don't understand how to build a winner.

I am sure you would rather have someone on the team that will drop the gloves or try for a big hit, and while doing this is an anchor to an entire line, and costs us games. We don't need goons, we need hustle and heart. Right now Miller is in the top half of our team in that yet gets paid peanuts. Emmerton and Eaves both deserve the boot before Miller.

Well put.

I was luke warm on Miller, seeing his main assets as being a character, depth grinder, but now I am totally rooting for the guy. Hard worker, pays the price to get to the dirty areas and scores the ugly goals that still count as much as a Datsyukian Deke.

Tatar I believe has much more potential than Nyquist... Nyquist is way more advanced now and NHL ready. It is just a gut call that Tatar superior skill set will translate to more goals in the NHL. Honestly, Gustav might end up getting more points with a more well rounded game. I just keep thinking Tatar is a first liner down the road, where as I keep seeing Nye as a second line guy.

I really don't want to lose either, and neither does Holland.

The new rumors have Kenny as being gunshy again to trade anything away.

I am just curious as to your take on Sheahan. Have you seen him play at Notre Dame? He is an absolute beast. I am not knocking you for listing him, hell I am ready to trade Franzen, we all have our reason's, but I was just curious to your analysis of him that lets you trade him with no problem...

Filp has really grown on me. Now, everytime he gets the puck I get a tinge of excitement, almost the same way I do as when Datsyuk gets it. I find myself saying, "God, I love that guy" I see why his fellow countryman Teamu Seleanne is so impressed with him and says he does everything really well, everything.

Last night on HNIC After Hours interview with Taylor Hall they were talkiing about the Red Wings being 6-0 in the SO until Oil won last night, and Hall talked about how even all the way down to 5 deep in the SO the Wings still throw Filp at you.

HNIC cameras showed Holland and Kevin Lowe talking in a suite together for a long time and brought up the fact that while Khabibulin (sp?) is a known quantity thoughout the league, he needs a new home, and same with Conklin. They speculated that the talk was not just about Hemsky, but about Khabibulin too. Hmm.

I'm almost past wanting to trade Hudler. He's doing really well...but I still think he's too weak for playoff hockey. I still have too many memories of him getting knocked down and /or knocked off the puck.

Edited by T.Low

My trade-able players from the big club are:

Hudler

Franzen

Ericsson

Kindl

Cleary

Mursak

Conklin

Emmerton

Players I would hate to see go:

Abdelkader

Miller

Eaves

Stuart

Commodore

Filppula

The rest just won't ever get traded or makes no sense to trade them...

In the prospects I don't know too much about most the guys, excpet I would never get rid of Sheahan or Smith. I do like Nyquist as well. Petr Mrazek and Marek Tvrdon also get my stamp of approval from the bits I have seen and heard about them. I guess the others that I have heard great things about and would hate to see go would be: Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco and I hear nice things about Lashoff too, but have never seen him play. I wish I could see some Griffins games once in a bit to see these guys a bit more....

Edited by LeftWinger

Filp has really grown on me. Now, everytime he gets the puck I get a tinge of excitement, almost the same way I do as when Datsyuk gets it. I find myself saying, "God, I love that guy" I see why his fellow countryman Teamu Seleanne is so impressed with him and says he does everything really well, everything.

Last night on HNIC After Hours interview with Taylor Hall they were talkiing about the Red Wings being 6-0 in the SO until Oil won last night, and Hall talked about how even all the way down to 5 deep in the SO the Wings still throw Filp at you.

HNIC cameras showed Holland and Kevin Lowe talking in a suite together for a long time and brought up the fact that while Khabibulin (sp?) is a known quantity thoughout the league, he needs a new home, and same with Conklin. They speculated that the talk was not just about Hemsky, but about Khabibulin too. Hmm.

I'm almost past wanting to trade Hudler. He's doing really well...but I still think he's too weak for playoff hockey. I still have too many memories of him getting knocked down and /or knocked off the puck.

The Bulin Wall would be nice, but that is an expensive back-up. But it sure would solidify the goal-tending corps for the playoffs...at what price though? Conklin plus what?

I am just curious as to your take on Sheahan. Have you seen him play at Notre Dame? He is an absolute beast. I am not knocking you for listing him, hell I am ready to trade Franzen, we all have our reason's, but I was just curious to your analysis of him that lets you trade him with no problem...

I covered this in the Sheahan thread... but in interest of disclosure. I have seen him play in person once. I have seen his play a few times on air... mind you mostly from last year. Nothing about him strikes me as a beast. I keep up on his stats and the scouting reports and nothing stands out either. Maybe I am missing something, but as of right now he has always been slated to be a fourth liner with potential top 9 forward ability. I have heard he has improved greatly over last year, but all the more reason to make him a trading piece.

You just have to realize, to get anything good you have to give up prospects. I am in love with almost all of our prospects as evident by the list I made. Size doesn't impress me much anymore because I have seen so many amazing players without it. If he could be used to bring back something to win us a cup, I would make the deal. I however don't want to give up these great prospects we have gotten like Pulk, Calle, Smith, etc.

I think this is all moot, as Holland doesn't seem to have the balls to move anything for anyone.

I covered this in the Sheahan thread... but in interest of disclosure. I have seen him play in person once. I have seen his play a few times on air... mind you mostly from last year. Nothing about him strikes me as a beast. I keep up on his stats and the scouting reports and nothing stands out either. Maybe I am missing something, but as of right now he has always been slated to be a fourth liner with potential top 9 forward ability. I have heard he has improved greatly over last year, but all the more reason to make him a trading piece.

You just have to realize, to get anything good you have to give up prospects. I am in love with almost all of our prospects as evident by the list I made. Size doesn't impress me much anymore because I have seen so many amazing players without it. If he could be used to bring back something to win us a cup, I would make the deal. I however don't want to give up these great prospects we have gotten like Pulk, Calle, Smith, etc.

I think this is all moot, as Holland doesn't seem to have the balls to move anything for anyone.

I agree, and I too believe you have to give to get. I like the prospects you listed, but I guess I am just a bit bias towards Sheahan considering I try to catch as many CCHA games as I can and am thoroughly impressed with him thus far this season. But ya, if it meant getting a Parise or Iginla or Perry, I would trade him, I'd hate to, but I would be ok eventually, especially if I get to see that Cup raised a few more times!

BTW, I hope you are wrong about Holland this month, after last night, it is SO evident that this teams needs a pure sniper AND a reliable back-up goalie...

The Bulin Wall would be nice, but that is an expensive back-up. But it sure would solidify the goal-tending corps for the playoffs...at what price though? Conklin plus what?

I agree, he'd make a great backup but we don't want to have that kind of cap space sitting with a clip board all the time.

Is Hasek still playing somewhere? :huh:

Here's a good Free Press article by Helene St. James about Ken Holland and Red Wings trade deadline moves.

So this means something will happen! Every year he says, we'd like to get bigger and get another top 6 forward and then nothing happens. Here he is saying he likes where the team is and nothing is in the works! Awesome! Can you say Blockbuster!!!!

In all honesty, if Holland feels this team is playoff ready and can really compete for the Cup, then we are in trouble. This team needs another tough bruising forward AND a pure sniper AND a reliable back up goalie. The power-play is like 1 for 40, Conklin just doesn't have it, and this team will not get by San Jose with a bunch of soft forwards...I certainly hope "Patrick Eaves coming back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition" is not going to be reported come 3pm Feb. 27.

So this means something will happen! Every year he says, we'd like to get bigger and get another top 6 forward and then nothing happens. Here he is saying he likes where the team is and nothing is in the works! Awesome! Can you say Blockbuster!!!!

In all honesty, if Holland feels this team is playoff ready and can really compete for the Cup, then we are in trouble. This team needs another tough bruising forward AND a pure sniper AND a reliable back up goalie. The power-play is like 1 for 40, Conklin just doesn't have it, and this team will not get by San Jose with a bunch of soft forwards...I certainly hope "Patrick Eaves coming back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition" is not going to be reported come 3pm Feb. 27.

Holland was VERY animated when he was shown talking to the Oilers' GM. I don't know if a trade is coming from that direction. Khabibulin is too expensive and after Kronwall leveled Hemsky and he was almost injured that takes him off the table (injuries being a primary concern for Hemsky). Unless it's someone nobody is expecting from the Oil, that is. They could be looking to add some veteran presence.

And if I can chime in on the Sheahan stuff, he's popular around here because he's gritty, but I've never heard any analyst say he's slated to be anything more than a 4th liner. No matter how much energy he brings, topping out at a 4th or 3rd liner means you're expendable.

Edited by VM1138

We can compete with the team we have now. We wouldn't be where we are in the standings if we couldn't. It's easy to watch our team all the time and identify areas where we could improve, but you have to remember that every team has weaknesses. Also, adding a player that looks like a good fit doesn't guarantee that said player will actually fix any weakness.

The fact that he's talking to other GMs shows that Kenny knows we can improve. There's just no reason to over-spend chasing any improvement, or make changes just for the sake of change.

To me, it doesn't seem like there's going to be that much on the market this deadline. Kind of sucks if that turns out to be true since this is the first time in four seasons that we've had the cap space to do anything. Hopefully something will present itself, but if not I won't lose any sleep. Unless it's for a star like Ryan, Parise, or Suter I wouldn't be giving up any good roster players or top prospects.

Draft picks. Spare parts like Commie, Conks, Miller, Eaves, Emmy, and maybe Mursak and Kindl. 2nd-tier prospects like Andersson, Tvrdon, Lashoff, etc. I'd see what I could buy with that, and if it's nothing, oh well.

Ken Holland is one of the best in the business but with cap space available and LOTS of expendable assets in the minor system he is crazy if he stands pat this deadline. Our power play sucks and we may need a backup goalie.

Rick Nash please.

Ken Holland is one of the best in the business but with cap space available and LOTS of expendable assets in the minor system he is crazy if he stands pat this deadline. Our power play sucks and we may need a backup goalie.

Rick Nash please.

This team is in desperate need of a right-handed sniper, and besides being left-handed, there is no way Columbus will deal their franchise player.

I don't care what some people say, Jeff Carter would be the ideal acquisition.