• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Who Could be Dealt at the Deadline?

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

This team is in desperate need of a right-handed sniper, and besides being left-handed, there is no way Columbus will deal their franchise player.

I don't care what some people say, Jeff Carter would be the ideal acquisition.

Jeff Carter is of questionable maturity; he is injury-prone; his work-ethic is dubious; and he has an immensely long-term contract with a no-trade clause that kicks in next season. No thanks.

So this means something will happen! Every year he says, we'd like to get bigger and get another top 6 forward and then nothing happens. Here he is saying he likes where the team is and nothing is in the works! Awesome! Can you say Blockbuster!!!!

In all honesty, if Holland feels this team is playoff ready and can really compete for the Cup, then we are in trouble.

I doubt the fans of every other team look at the standings each morning and say, "Gee, the Wings are screwed if they don't re-tool before the playoffs!" Also, you bleated in this exact same manner in 2008 (and pledged, after the Cup win, to never do it again). Heh.

Edited by Crymson

Jeff Carter is of questionable maturity; he is injury-prone; his work-ethic is dubious; and he has an immensely long-term contract with a no-trade clause that kicks in next season. No thanks.

Not that I'd be interested in Carter (because of the contract), but injury-prone? 4 out of 6 seasons with 80 or more games. 74 and 62 games the other two. He's had some bad luck this year, but he's not injury prone.

Guest Crymson

Not that I'd be interested in Carter (because of the contract), but injury-prone? 4 out of 6 seasons with 80 or more games. 74 and 62 games the other two. He's had some bad luck this year, but he's not injury prone.

Injury-prone may be pushing it, I suppose, but he's developing an unfortunate history of injuries to his knee and foot.

I doubt the fans of every other team look at the standings each morning and say, "Gee, the Wings are screwed if they don't re-tool before the playoffs!" Also, you bleated in this exact same manner in 2008 (and pledged, after the Cup win, to never do it again). Heh.

Injury prone? Hardly. Questionable maturity? Maybe. But if he can keep putting up the goals that he has in the last 4 seasons(29, 46, 33, 36), I'll take his immaturity and that contract. Besides, Holland likes exceedingly long contacts.

Do you want the power play to improve? Do want a high-profile sniper and possibly not have to give up a boatload to get one? Do you want to win? Carter is the Shanahan type sniper(minus the fighting)that this team desperately needs. He would excel in Detroit, no doubt about it., and I would not be surprised if Holland does inquire about him.

I am not doing it again....I said that usually he says we need something and then gets nothing, so now that he says we don't need much, it must mean we are getting something! Yay! I also said, I don't think this team as it stands can compete for the Cup, and I think that Holland would be wrong if he thinks it can. Can they prove me wrong? I hope so, but I am not bashing Holland or the Wings...(except Franzen and Hudler every chance I get.)

Guest Crymson

Teamu Seleanne is the only target that I think makes sense with the "we don't want to spend a lot" mindset.

If that costs us Sheahan, I would consider it.

It has been made abundantly and repeatedly clear by the Ducks that Selanne is not available.

Guest Crymson

We'll give them an offer they can't refuse. :siren:

I think that compelling Bob Murray with threats of death to make this trade would probably not be well received by the league. I suspect that such a transaction would be nixed by the front office.

It has been made abundantly and repeatedly clear by the Ducks that Selanne is not available.

It has been made clear again and again and again that he has control of his own destiny.

If he wants to stay a Duck, he stays. If he wants to leave, he leaves.

That simple.

Wait and see what happens. He did come back thinking he could win a cup. There is no chance that is happening this year if he stays with the Ducks.

Anthony Stewart is on waivers. I would rather pick him up for free then trade someone right now, but we still have a log jam at forward.

I would be really happy if we decided to move Emmerton and someone else off of our roster along with the expendable prospects for Morrow right now and plugged Stewart in as well. Worst case we put him on waivers later (perhaps when we trade picks for Selanne!

Anthony Stewart is on waivers. I would rather pick him up for free then trade someone right now, but we still have a log jam at forward.

I would be really happy if we decided to move Emmerton and someone else off of our roster along with the expendable prospects for Morrow right now and plugged Stewart in as well. Worst case we put him on waivers later (perhaps when we trade picks for Selanne!

Emmerton/Hudler/Andersson for Morrow...

Conklin/Picks for Nabokov...

Sign Parise and Suter in the off season...

Emmerton/Hudler/Andersson for Morrow...

Conklin/Picks for Nabokov...

You set yourself up for disappointment. Why would other teams take the Wings' scraps in return for valuable pieces?

You set yourself up for disappointment. Why would other teams take the Wings' scraps in return for valuable pieces?

I wouldn't consider Hudler a scrap right now, and Emmerton and Andersson aren't write offs either, so that trade IMO isn't such a bad offer. Nabs I don't see us getting though, probably too high a price for a team looking for a backup, I can see the hawks potentially making a run for him though. I hope Kenny tries to acquire Ruutu soon, a player like him I think would work great for a potentially long run this year.

I wouldn't consider Hudler a scrap right now, and Emmerton and Andersson aren't write offs either, so that trade IMO isn't such a bad offer. Nabs I don't see us getting though, probably too high a price for a team looking for a backup, I can see the hawks potentially making a run for him though. I hope Kenny tries to acquire Ruutu soon, a player like him I think would work great for a potentially long run this year.

Emmerton is a fourth liner, tops, in the NHL. Andersson projects to be a bottom-six forward. Despite the fact that he's having a good year, Hudler is a free agent at the end of the season. If Dallas wants him, they can sign him for nothing in July. There's very little value there.

Emmerton is a fourth liner, tops, in the NHL. Andersson projects to be a bottom-six forward. Despite the fact that he's having a good year, Hudler is a free agent at the end of the season. If Dallas wants him, they can sign him for nothing in July. There's very little value there.

Morrow is a solid 3rd liner as well. Sure they can wait for Hudler in July, but at least they have exclusive bargaining rights up until then if they acquired him. And he has proven to be a top 6 forward, possibly top 3 on a different team. So Dallas would get a legit top 6 forward, two young bottom 6 players with tons of potential and they lose a bottom 6 maybe 2nd line forward. I am not down playing Morrow, because he will be sought after and could put a team over that edge, but he is not going to break our top 3 and maybe he'll take Hudler's spot on the 2nd line. So trade a top6 for a top 6 and 2 kids with tons of potential. Emmerton is a legit NHL'r.

Edited by LeftWinger

I can't see KH trading away a roster player, other than Conklin or Kindl. I think with the amount of Cap room , 15m+, we will see picks, and prospects traded away. I cringe at trading Hudler, Flip, and Cleary. They have good playoff experience.

:lol:

Did you laugh when someone said the same thing about Franzen, or Quincey, maybe even Howard. Not saying these guys will be elite players, just seems like you don't have much confidence from a player who hasn't yet proven himself a "top six" NHL'er if he's over the age of 24...Again maybe they won't be, most likely not (except even I said the same thing about Johan) but I sure as hell wouldn't consider them scarps just yet. Your being just as pre-mature as someone who believes there is still potential in these players. If I was doing that trade i'd probably ask for Mursak over Emmerton, probably just a bottom feeder too though... :lol:

Be more realistic homers. No one on the Wings roster is going anywhere. Look @ Hollands deals since the lock out. He gives up picks and prospects. In saying that I'd also argue that our #1 pick is also off limits. Look for Holland to move picks for players as always. Wings only needs are a back up for Howard, a Dallas Drake type of player, and keeping the defensive depth deep.

Be more realistic homers. No one on the Wings roster is going anywhere. Look @ Hollands deals since the lock out. He gives up picks and prospects. In saying that I'd also argue that our #1 pick is also off limits. Look for Holland to move picks for players as always. Wings only needs are a back up for Howard, a Dallas Drake type of player, and keeping the defensive depth deep.

Again, past is not prelude. The Wings were always up against the cap in previous years and could only send picks for trades. Now the Wings have virtually unlimited options, if they're willing to pay the cost. Holland won't be wasteful, but there are a couple expendable players on this roster (Emmerton, namely).

Again, past is not prelude. The Wings were always up against the cap in previous years and could only send picks for trades. Now the Wings have virtually unlimited options, if they're willing to pay the cost. Holland won't be wasteful, but there are a couple expendable players on this roster (Emmerton, namely).

Every team that will be in the playoffs has cap space to play with excluding the Canucks and Holland will never pay the cost for a rental. We're talking about cap era Kenny Holland here man.