• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

on the subject of Jets what about Kane? Reports say if the Jets are sellers come deadline they might look at moving him for prospects and picks.

I heard that nobody on the Jets in "untouchable," but they would trade their pending UFAs before players they have signed longer term. He's also a fan favorite there if I remember correctly.

#122 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not sure if he is a fan favorite anymore then any Jet in Winnipeg! When I look at their roster on capgeek I think he looks like he might be dealt. How about a package of Kane and Marc Stuart for Kindl and picks or?

#123 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:15 PM

How about a package of Kane and Marc Stuart for Kindl and picks or?

:huh:... Would they really take that trade?

#124 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

:huh:... Would they really take that trade?

They might if Hudler was involved maybe?

#125 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

I am going to save this for reposting, because it needs to be said.

I truly believe our options are so few and the prices are so high, we can't be involved in the deadline this year. We need to let the farm grow, and the youngsters on the roster prove themselves. Free agency the next two years has too much potential and too much on the line to risk our own adding pieces now.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#126 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:53 PM

I am going to save this for reposting, because it needs to be said.

I truly believe our options are so few and the prices are so high, we can't be involved in the deadline this year. We need to let the farm grow, and the youngsters on the roster prove themselves. Free agency the next two years has too much potential and too much on the line to risk our own adding pieces now.

I agree, and I am all for signing Suter and Parise over the summer, but damn I wish we could get someone to help this team on the road and their power play...I just don't see our team getting past San Jose or Vancouver if they stay pat. I hope I am wrong, but they aren't gonna win ALL their home games, they need to get that road and power play addressed....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#127 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:49 PM

I agree, and I am all for signing Suter and Parise over the summer, but damn I wish we could get someone to help this team on the road and their power play...I just don't see our team getting past San Jose or Vancouver if they stay pat. I hope I am wrong, but they aren't gonna win ALL their home games, they need to get that road and power play addressed....

Unless someone becomes available that we can't see being traded now... There is no way to fix these things.

We just have to hope that the kids have developed enough to get through the teams that play us tough. I just hope someone can stop Pavelski this year.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#128 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

BTW, how much longer until the yearly Jack Johnson to Detroit rumor shows up?

Oh btw... anyone know what stage of a free agent E is???

I heard something interesting I didn't fully understand on Satellite Hotstove...

If he is a stage two and not a stage three... Like Carter is... then the NTC doesn't count until he hits that level. I wonder if there is some sort of no trade loophole.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING HE WILL BE TRADED OR SHOULD... I just want to understand this a bit more.

#129 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

IF Parise OR Weber/Suter are available I say go for it Kenny. If not stand pat unless you can somehow trade Conklin for a bag of pucks.

#130 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

IF Parise OR Weber/Suter are available I say go for it Kenny. If not stand pat unless you can somehow trade Conklin for a bag of pucks.

Well, Holland won't be getting any of them until July if at all. He will not trade his team away now for bargaining rights later. This current team just needs a sniper who can shore up the power play. That is the only issue this team has, and once the power play gets better, the roads wins will come. So if Holland gets anyone, it will be a sniper that will be a UFA in July, a rental. I think Selanne would fit that part perfectly, but it still remains to be seen if he is even going to be traded at the dealine...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#131 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Honestly with how our team is playing I feel we don't need any blockbuster trades. We've found our backup goaltender and our team is clicking.

#132 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

Honestly with how our team is playing I feel we don't need any blockbuster trades. We've found our backup goaltender and our team is clicking.

agreed! Do you think if Holland was able to acquire Selanne that it would be considered a blockbuster? I think Perry, Ryan, Iginla, Nash all would be blockbusters, but Selanne should only cost a prospect or two. I could be wrong though...

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#133 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

My guess is that Holland and co. will use the upcoming Canuck game as a measuring stick as to what their deadline deals might be if any. Kindl has looked a bit shakey in the last couple of games. I don't want to see him go but a rental of a 5-6 defenseman would give us an option. If somebody goes down with injury. Commie is not what I want to see filling in in the playoffs.

#134 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,812 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:30 PM

My guess is that Holland and co. will use the upcoming Canuck game as a measuring stick as to what their deadline deals might be if any. Kindl has looked a bit shakey in the last couple of games. I don't want to see him go but a rental of a 5-6 defenseman would give us an option. If somebody goes down with injury. Commie is not what I want to see filling in in the playoffs.

I think Commodore has done well in his appearances. He definitely hasn't made any glaring mistakes, unlike Kindl. Smith will be up after the deadline (if he survives the deadline and is still a Red Wing) to get some playing time. Granted he is not the veteran depth you are referring to or what Holland wanted, but other teams always seem to try to high-ball Holland when it comes to trades, so he may not be willing to part with what other teams are asking. It was said that Holland tried for Gill and Kubina, but was shot down. Holland will not overpay for a depth player. He will pay market value or maybe even outbid someone, for an impact player, lets say a Bobby Ryan, but he is not gonna give up 2 draft picks for Kubina, and definitely not 2 players and a pick for Hal Gill....I believe Nashville overpaid for Gill, but if it works out for them, then in the end, it won't matter. Unless Gill moves elsewhere and then they are out Geoffrion for a rental...

Edited by LeftWinger, 19 February 2012 - 07:31 PM.

www.thinkdunes.com

Dump Q and K Now!

#135 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

I think Commodore has done well in his appearances. He definitely hasn't made any glaring mistakes, unlike Kindl. Smith will be up after the deadline (if he survives the deadline and is still a Red Wing) to get some playing time. Granted he is not the veteran depth you are referring to or what Holland wanted, but other teams always seem to try to high-ball Holland when it comes to trades, so he may not be willing to part with what other teams are asking. It was said that Holland tried for Gill and Kubina, but was shot down. Holland will not overpay for a depth player. He will pay market value or maybe even outbid someone, for an impact player, lets say a Bobby Ryan, but he is not gonna give up 2 draft picks for Kubina, and definitely not 2 players and a pick for Hal Gill....I believe Nashville overpaid for Gill, but if it works out for them, then in the end, it won't matter. Unless Gill moves elsewhere and then they are out Geoffrion for a rental...

I have think Commie has played well givin his lack of playing time. I am just not convinced that he is the depth I would want going into playoffs. The Wings got very lucky with the play of Joey as of late and it looks like they wont have to go after a stable backup. I think a depth move is all that is likely for the Wings. Like you mentioned about the high asking prices, I think the sniper we all need will have to wait till July 1st.
There are so many teams on the bubble right now that I don't think we know who all might be available yet.

#136 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

For what it's worth I would much, much rather Commy then Kubina or Gill, Commy has been playing a lot smarter while on the ice and thats really improved his game. Kindl to me on the other hand needs to sit a few....And in all seriousness what are our chances of getting selanne?
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#137 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I would like to see something different.

#138 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I mean, if we are going to move someone for depth, I would like an upside trade that could be way more.

#139 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I think, even with loopholes... E is not going anywhere with a broken wrist.

Edited by Majsheppard, 25 February 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#140 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

Any thoughts?