• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Kev. Im from Kirkcaldy , Fife , Scotland. Thats approx 25 miles north of edinburgh and 25 south of St andrews, the home of golf. Ive been a wings fan for 21 years and never missed a game on tv/internet the last 4 years. Im 36 years old ,married with one son whos 6. He says he likes the blackhawks because my idiot brother brought back a hawks jersey from his vacation just to wind me up. It worked!!!. Anyways , all the best from scotland and gotta feeling stanleys comin home.Posted Image

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hi, there! Welcome to LetsGoWings, we are so glad to have another member from beautiful Scotland. GlasgowCelticWing (Ross) will be pleased, I am sure.

Hope you enjoy the forums and good company on this site. It's the best hockey forum going, hands down. No comparison. Visit often, and welcome!!

PS - everyone calls me Loo. You will find that amusing, I am sure. :lol:

Edited by puckloo39, 27 January 2012 - 08:35 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#3 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

Hi Loo. Thanks for the welcome. Cant wait for Tuesday to come around ,forgot Wednesday against MTL already. I felt we needed a wake up call anyway. 2am start for CGY game is rough during the week when working the next day but win or lose i wouldn't miss it for anything in the world. Enjoy the weekend.

#4 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Right you are, on all counts, Kev. I think that's how the guys get past stuff like the Habs game. Forget about it (not entirely - I am sure it stung and we won't see that again) and look forward to the next time.

See you Tuesday, visit the Game Day Thread if you can, OK?

Have a great weekend, yourself. It seems like it took all week to get here. Oh, wait. It did! :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#5 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Welcome. I don't play golf anymore but the sport still interests me some in watching it. St. Andrews is a magnificent golf course obviously.

Make sure to stick around for naked Saturdays. They are a blast.

Sorry, not good at this intro stuff. *shrugs*

#6 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

Welcome to the site Kev. Hope you enjoy it. I'm Russ
Go Wings Go :thumbup:
IPB Image

#7 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys. Jack , never played golf in my life. Just giving a point of reference so as to give an idea where im from. Cant wait for flames game tomorrow night. Have to try and sleep before game starts as i have work the next day. Easier said than done though!!! Posted Image

#8 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I don't play golf either, but really enjoyed visiting St. Andrews and Edinburgh and a lot of the rest of Scotland a few years back. Fell totally in love with Inverness, it is so lovely. You must come visit the US, and especially Detroit and the Joe some day. Not quite as picturesque as Scotland, but there is some really good hockey! :P

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#9 Jedi

Jedi

I used to be a spy...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,821 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

Welcome to the boards! Always good to see overseas fans sign up!

Make sure to stick around for naked Saturdays. They are a blast.

Pay no attention to anything SWF says about nakedness and/or strippers. It's all a lie.

burnnotice2.png
Covert Ops has its perks. You travel, make your own hours, and expense most of your meals.
The downside? Lots of people want you dead...

#10 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,749 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

Welcome scottishredwing!

Although I don't play golf - I do enjoy a good dram of the lovely liquid we Americans call scotch (you guys just call it whisky).

I gotta make a trip to check out the distilleries :beerbuddy:

Edited by F.Michael, 05 February 2012 - 06:01 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#11 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

Cant stand the stuff now. Drank too much of it when i was younger. Stick to lager mainly. Thanks for the welcome.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users