• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Columbus is a great town with a great Arena District. No it's not New York City, but calm down on the pretentiousness. Detroit is a fun city if you know where to go, but it's not exactly the tourism capital of the world itself.

And you'd be surprised how many hockey fans are in Columbus if they'd ever put a decent team on the ice. Let alone how many Red Wings fans there are in the area. Anytime I wear Wings gear out someone gives me a 'Go Wings'.

If you hadn't seen a Lions game before 2001 you would have thought no one in Detroit cared about football.

Also, the Blue Jackets aren't going anywhere. Renegotiating of the lease to Nationwide have pretty much guaranteed the Jackets aren't going anywhere until 2039.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 29 January 2012 - 05:33 PM.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#22 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

i can't wait for nashville to get to host the ASG,the nhl said that nashville will get to host one in the future as soon as the music city convention center is complete,which should be early 2013.

#23 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

i can't wait for nashville to get to host the ASG,the nhl said that nashville will get to host one in the future as soon as the music city convention center is complete,which should be early 2013.

Nashville would be great too. Had a great time there this summer. Bridgestone Arena is right there on Broadway with all the bars and things to do downtown too. Saw Social Distortion there at the Ryman Auditorium (the original Grand Ole Opry), so thankfully it wasn't all country music.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#24 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

hahahaha, oh Gary, you silly goose.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,867 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

I guess he wanted to see what it looked like to have a competitive NHL team playing in Columbus.

#26 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well, at least Rick Nash is guaranteed a spot now. :P

Good for Columbus. Indifferent on where it is pretty much every year. Would be cool if it was in Winnipeg soon since they now have a franchise again.

#27 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

Well, at least Rick Nash is guaranteed a spot now. :P

Good for Columbus. Indifferent on where it is pretty much every year. Would be cool if it was in Winnipeg soon since they now have a franchise again.

I thought Winnipeg would have been a great choice too. The fan there are ape s*** about hockey! Having an ASG there would have been crazy