• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

I can't be alone in saying this is a complete waste of time. It's so cheesy and catered way too much to the non-regular hockey fan.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#2 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:30 PM

Looks like all the players are having fun and I'm having fun watching it.

Except for the constant reminders that Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin aren't there. And Pierre McGuire and Jeremy Roenick. They need to get some different commentators on the NBC family of networks.

Posted Image

#3 SidAbelsSon

SidAbelsSon

Rookie

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:34 PM

The Cindy love continues.....:hehe:

#4 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:35 PM

Corey Perry mini-stick shootout goal was beast.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#5 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I'm sure the kids enjoy it. They are the future NHL stars so I'm glad they do it.

#6 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the way Kane sounds when he's talked to by the commentators? He sounds to me like he doesn't want to be bothered, or kind of arrogant. I hear he's a bit of a jerk from even Chicago fans but I was just wondering if anyone else got that feeling...

With that said, Kanes superman goal was pretty neat. I thought Perry's was a bit better.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#7 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the way Kane sounds when he's talked to by the commentators? He sounds to me like he doesn't want to be bothered, or kind of arrogant. I hear he's a bit of a jerk from even Chicago fans but I was just wondering if anyone else got that feeling...

With that said, Kanes superman goal was pretty neat. I thought Perry's was a bit better.

I'm not bothered, he's just a complete idiot/ass/whatever you want to call him. If he was related to me, I'd be bothered.

#8 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

Yeah, it is pretty lame. I wish the breakaway challenge was more serious. Like an elimination challenge. The props are lame.

Edited by wingfan13, 28 January 2012 - 10:01 PM.

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#9 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

Looks like all the players are having fun and I'm having fun watching it.

Except for the constant reminders that Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin aren't there. And Pierre McGuire and Jeremy Roenick. They need to get some different commentators on the NBC family of networks.

I didn't watch the NBC feed just the CBC feed. I really hated how they switched up the fastest skater part again this year. Leave it as a single lap and please put the fastest people out on the ice.

#10 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I didn't watch the NBC feed just the CBC feed. I really hated how they switched up the fastest skater part again this year. Leave it as a single lap and please put the fastest people out on the ice.

I didn't like how they broke up the fastest skater either. Terrible. How can you classify that as a fastest skater? Is the fastest runner in track asked to run tires like in boot camp? Give me a break.

The fastest skater event should be exactly like they had it before. It should be a full out lap or even 2 laps...tonight the event was too choppy. Players didn't even have enough room to get to full speed.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#11 chellfairy

chellfairy

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Corey Perry mini-stick shootout goal was beast.

Remember when Corey Perry got Pavel'ed? :boxing:!!! Now THAT was beast. lol
The all stars skills are a bit boring.

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

I didn't like how they broke up the fastest skater either. Terrible. How can you classify that as a fastest skater? Is the fastest runner in track asked to run tires like in boot camp? Give me a break.

The fastest skater event should be exactly like they had it before. It should be a full out lap or even 2 laps...tonight the event was too choppy. Players didn't even have enough room to get to full speed.

Especially when goalies are doing the fastest skater. Then you know it's a joke.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#13 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

I don't think CBC explicitly mentioned Crosby or Ovechkin once (Maybe Ovechkin once in passing reference to the fancy breakaway event). Props to them.

They had Price miked up and I gained a lot of admiration for him, and the way he handled his role in that contest.

Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson also commented that Datsyuk was probably the best overall player in the league.

Crowd going nuts on Chara's 108.8mph shot was cool (since we heard their reaction before seeing the time)

Overall very solid event IMO.

#14 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Especially when goalies are doing the fastest skater. Then you know it's a joke.

Uh yeah that was the worst ever idea.

#15 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

I don't know how they chose who goes for each event.

No Datsyuk for the shootout? No Gaborik for fastest skater?
Posted Image

#16 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

I don't think CBC explicitly mentioned Crosby or Ovechkin once (Maybe Ovechkin once in passing reference to the fancy breakaway event). Props to them.

They had Price miked up and I gained a lot of admiration for him, and the way he handled his role in that contest.

Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson also commented that Datsyuk was probably the best overall player in the league.

Crowd going nuts on Chara's 108.8mph shot was cool (since we heard their reaction before seeing the time)

Overall very solid event IMO.

I thought at first Chara hit 110mph just by the way it looked. The difference in look from Alfredsson's 101mph shot to Chara's 108.8 was surprisingly very noticeable. The puck looked liked it just instantly transported to the net.

Besides the hardest shot everything else was meh to me.

No Datsyuk for the shootout? No Gaborik for fastest skater?

That's another thing that gets me frustrated with the skills competition. It seems like in more recent years that players with reputations for being the fastest players in the league don't take part in the fastest skater competition. I would've loved to see Gaborik do a lap in that competition. And players with know slick moves don't take part in the shootout.

I want to see the fastest players skate and the sickest puck handlers dangle dangle.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 28 January 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#17 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

I only 2 of the events.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#18 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:43 AM

i only watched it for datsyuk and he blew it in the breakaway.

******* waste

#19 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:11 AM

The captains for each team.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=614008

#20 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic | | Mike Grier? |