Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

MLive link

#2 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

The Red Wings will have plenty of salary cap space to make a splash this summer (Zach Parise, too?)

One can dream.

#3 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:17 AM

Based on his comments, it sure doesn't sound like he will be signing in Nashville period. Intriguing. :cool:

What to people think he will be worth on the open market come July 1.
Posted Image

#4 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

Based on his comments, it sure doesn't sound like he will be signing in Nashville period. Intriguing. :cool:

Me thinks it'll be nearly impossible for the Preds to keep both Suter, and Weber...Depending how the new CBA takes shape (say for an example there's a soft cap) we could see Suter get offers of $6 million plus.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#5 Probie

Probie

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

Me thinks it'll be nearly impossible for the Preds to keep both Suter, and Weber...Depending how the new CBA takes shape (say for an example there's a soft cap) we could see Suter get offers of $6 million plus.

He'll get offers of more then that. I'd say teams like the Rags and others will offer 7 or more.

#6 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Based on quotes directly from Suter, I wouldn't be too sure of that...

Suter told NHL.com prior to the All-Star break. "If we're winning, I hope that David will maybe go out and get that extra piece; work the other way rather than deal me, and we'll take care of the rest later. I tell David, and I'm telling you right now, straight up, that I like it in Nashville and it's a great place to live."

Suter said the last part with an emphatic tone in his voice.

Full article: http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=614048

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

Suter told NHL.com prior to the All-Star break. "If we're winning, I hope that David will maybe go out and get that extra piece; work the other way rather than deal me, and we'll take care of the rest later. I tell David, and I'm telling you right now, straight up, that I like it in Nashville and it's a great place to live."

If he likes rednecks so much, someone tell him Michigan has its fair share, haha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

how many players have openly said they don't like the city they are playing in? and there are many other great cities to live.

#9 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I guess I'm more reading between the lines.

To come out publicly and announce he has no intentions to sign before the deadline is pretty close to saying he will test the market on July 1st

I worry too that other teams will offer way more for him, than the wings. I think 6-6.5 would be a fair offer from us.
Posted Image

#10 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

I guess I'm more reading between the lines.

To come out publicly and announce he has no intentions to sign before the deadline is pretty close to saying he will test the market on July 1st

I worry too that other teams will offer way more for him, than the wings. I think 6-6.5 would be a fair offer from us.

Yes, but considering what Wisniewski got last year, Suter is worth WAAAYYYY more than $6.5 on the market. I can see him easily topping what Weber is making this season if he tests the open market. I hear one of the items in the CBA issue is the "Holland Rules" of long term contracts to keep the Cap hit down. The NHL hates the fact that teams can sign multiple super-stars to "life-time" deals all with keeping the cap-hit within reason...So I believe that wherever he goes it'll be for a huge salary and a huge cap-hit....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#11 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

One can dream.

If Lidstrom resigns and we sign both Suter and Parise, can we say best off season in Wings history?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#12 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

I have a hard time seeing Suter come to Detroit. I'm sure he'll get more elsewhere, and the predators likely won't be trading within the division, especially with how competitive it is. I hope to god im wrong though.

Edited by Echolalia, 29 January 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#13 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

If Lidstrom resigns and we sign both Suter and Parise, can we say best off season in Wings history?

Pretty much. IMO, that would beat Hasek, Hull, and Robitaille because there's a salary cap now.

Oh, what the hell...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Parise

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Suter

:P

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

More from Suter on not taking his comments to mean that he's definitely hitting the open market...

http://espn.go.com/b...of-his-comments

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:20 PM

Pretty much. IMO, that would beat Hasek, Hull, and Robitaille because there's a salary cap now.

Oh, what the hell...

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Filppula-Zetterberg-Parise

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Suter

:P

Resigns. Not re-signs.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

More like worst off season in wings history. Although I think you meant to say re-signs

#17 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have to think the Wings are on Suter's radar - I have no idea though if he is the type to go for $$$ over a winning team, but he seems like the type who would accept less money from a Cup contender - which the Wings are only one of, but Detroit does have a lot to spend next year, Lidstrom or not.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#18 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,751 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:58 AM

If he likes rednecks so much, someone tell him Michigan has its fair share, haha.

Future teammate Homer drives a truck, and who could forget his teeth when he crossed the pond?

He's a Scandinavian hillbilly.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#19 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

Both Suter and Weber have said that they just want Nashville to take the game seriously and match Detroit. They have never seen the commitment there to go add on to the team and make it a winner. I believe that this year Suter is just making it clear that you have to go add players at the deadline to have any shot at resigning me. He has to know that Detroit is waiting to give him a big contract and make him the number 1 Dman of a winner next season.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#20 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Pretty good article from Kevin Allen about Suter.

http://www.usatoday....alks/52889106/1

Edited by Din758, 30 January 2012 - 02:22 PM.

Crosby is a crybaby *****