• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Blue Jackets Fans Protest Management

Rate this topic

Protests are stupid. If you want to change things, get yourself in a position to do something. Get off your butt and become part of the process that makes the decisions instead of sitting around trying to get attention.

Of course! It's so simple! So just become General Manager of the Jackets? I'll be sure to tell all my friends they're stupid.

I mean, how idiotic of them to stage something to try to get attention of the people they feel are responsible for ruining their experience as a fan. Some of which who have spent thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars never to see a single playoff win.

You're right. Nevermind the fact that it was a pretty positive "protest" unless you're Scott Howson.

I wonder how many of them were crying and complaining about the management the day they signed Jeff Carter. It's not like there wasn't an effort to improve the team this past offseason, they added a key forward and defensemen. Sorry injuries have been keeping both off the ice but that's not really the fault of the team's management, what exactly do they want them to do? Thinking your team is going to go from crap to gold in half a season is unrealistic.

Protests are stupid. If you want to change things, get yourself in a position to do something. Get off your butt and become part of the process that makes the decisions instead of sitting around trying to get attention.

Not to get political, but that was my entire argument with the Occupy stuff last year. Get in position to do something, or else they'd just be the "flavor of the month" with the media and get forgotten... Where are they now?

Not to get political, but that was my entire argument with the Occupy stuff last year. Get in position to do something, or else they'd just be the "flavor of the month" with the media and get forgotten... Where are they now?

So every season ticket holder should quit their day job and apply for team president? Seize Howson, burn him at the stake, and complete the hostile takeover by making team decisions by committee.

People are paying for entertainment, a service of the competitive nature, knowing that there is no guarantee of positive results. But you do expect things to get better and for there to be a direction in place at some point.

Otherwise, you have two options, only one of which had been exercised until now. Stop showing up and giving them your money, which they have done in increasing increments over the years. Or you can organize, get some recognition, and put some public pressure for something to be done. Will it actually result in anything? Maybe that is just a pipe dream. But to say a group of fans getting together to announce their displeasure is anything but "getting of their butt" seems to be pretty backwards to me.

I'm quite aware of how easy I have things being a Red Wings fan. It's almost like having a pass to display extreme confidence even in managerial decisions you're not entirely sure of. I have lived on the other side of the coin for a lot of my life as a Tigers (I was a Tigers fan before 2006) and Lions fan(I was a Lions fan before 2011).

So every season ticket holder should quit their day job and apply for team president? Seize Howson, burn him at the stake, and complete the hostile takeover by making team decisions by committee.

People are paying for entertainment, a service of the competitive nature, knowing that there is no guarantee of positive results. But you do expect things to get better and for there to be a direction in place at some point.

Otherwise, you have two options, only one of which had been exercised until now. Stop showing up and giving them your money, which they have done in increasing increments over the years. Or you can organize, get some recognition, and put some public pressure for something to be done. Will it actually result in anything? Maybe that is just a pipe dream. But to say a group of fans getting together to announce their displeasure is anything but "getting of their butt" seems to be pretty backwards to me.

I'm quite aware of how easy I have things being a Red Wings fan. It's almost like having a pass to display extreme confidence even in managerial decisions you're not entirely sure of. I have lived on the other side of the coin for a lot of my life as a Tigers (I was a Tigers fan before 2006) and Lions fan(I was a Lions fan before 2011).

Well, that just doesn't make sense...they should apply for the job first, then quit their day job when an offer comes along. If they can't get that job, it sounds like they might not be qualified.

You're right about one thing...they can stop showing up and giving up their money. There is no other option. Why public pressure? Is the team owned by the public? Most people, including me, haven't got a single clue as to what happens behind the closed doors of an NHL team. While some things might be made public, others are not. If you don't like what's going on, hit them in the pocketbook. People who protest about a hockey team's lack of success are just looking for attention. I guess it worked...kind of. I think they look pretty silly when you compare them to all the protesters in the Middle East last year.

Protesting something like a sports team or a corporate activity (where the average person does not have any avenue to power to change things) makes sense. Protesting politics is really pretty limited in usefulness, since people can run for office, or withold votes, etc. Protesting should be for when you really have no say in a system.

Protesting politics is really pretty limited in usefulness, since people can run for office, or withold votes, etc. Protesting should be for when you really have no say in a system.

Like the comments above, not to get too political, but the people of the US really don't have any say in the current system. (unless of course those "people" are actually multimillion dollar corporations, then they have a say)

With all the s*** talking on LGW concerning our management and their roster decisions i'm surprised we don't have a protest! I suppose we should all run for front office positions now... wait...