• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/31 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Flames 1

Rate this topic

One thing is for sure... when Cleary is not on his game, he is not on his game (when it comes to goals). Anyways, pretty solid period for the Wings, but they were a little rusty as expected. Their defense was excellent, it was their offense that could not get consistent. I thought Franzen had a really lazy period, which pisses me off when he does that. I expect the Wings to get more comfortable as the game goes along though. Go Wings!

Mike Babcock seriously needs to change up the top 2 lines... they are playing with no intensity and cannot get ANY pressure in the zone again this game. Hank's line has been below average for a while now, and Franzen looks lazy tonight. I say:

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler

I know this Zetterberg is terrible, which is why Babcock should stop being dumb and play Hank with Pavs already! Hank is not only not producing offensively for us, but he is also sluggish in our end as well (so you know he is NOT on his game!) Playing Hank with Pavs will get Hank to get his confidence back and maybe our lines can actually sustain pressure in their zone. My one complain about Babs is that he takes TOO LONG to make changes to the lines.

Instead of doing the obvious and putting Hank with Pavs and Bert, Babcock puts CLEARY up on that line>?!?! That is a TERRIBLE decision because Cleary barely deserves 3rd line minutes this season let alone top line with Pavs!! You wanna know why we suck on the road? Because our lines have no energy!