• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

Christ that game was boring. Amazing to compare it to another recent game with the same score, but the game against the Blues was intense and thrilling, while this was a dreadful slog. Oh well, at least they won, and on the road no less.

Calgary played more defensive and conservative than the Blues. There were less scrums in front of the net and so on. It was one of those games where one team was trying to slow it down (Calgary) while the other was trying to dictate the play (Wings).
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#122 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Calgary played more defensive and conservative than the Blues. There were less scrums in front of the net and so on. It was one of those games where one team was trying to slow it down (Calgary) while the other was trying to dictate the play (Wings).

Can't disagree with that. Definitely doesn't make for good television though. Not that Flames do (or should) care about that. A nice contrast of the best and worst the game has to offer.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#123 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:45 AM

Not much discussion - guess the main factor was that the site was down for a while.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#124 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Can't disagree with that. Definitely doesn't make for good television though. Not that Flames do (or should) care about that. A nice contrast of the best and worst the game has to offer.

Yup, I agree. It was worse than Devil's hockey back in the day.

Not much discussion - guess the main factor was that the Wings won.

Fixed it for you.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#125 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yup, I agree. It was worse than Devil's hockey back in the day.

Fixed it for you.

The site was down for nearly half the game.
Posted Image

#126 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

The site was down for nearly half the game.

True, I am just saying that even if it was up the whole game, we would have only seen 10-12 pages in the win. If it was a loss, we would have seen 16-18. Thats the MO here. You should know that by now.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#127 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,104 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

road win woot!

hudler scores another. look at him go

GO WINGS

#128 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

True, I am just saying that even if it was up the whole game, we would have only seen 10-12 pages in the win. If it was a loss, we would have seen 16-18. Thats the MO here. You should know that by now.

We've definitely seen a significant difference at times when it comes to losses but I'm not sure it's that big. I feel like what really makes a difference is the opponent and whether or not the Wings struggle through some ups and downs.