• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Ales Hemsky and Andy Sutton

Rate this topic

I hope it's not true, I don't want to trade Jurco for Hemsky...

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/patch/comments/more_trade_rumours_hemsky_and_jurco/

I sure hope not, I would trade Tatar, one of Emmerton/Miller/Eaves and a pick but Jurco and 1st would be overpayment IMO and Jurco will probably be better than Hemsky in a year or two.

I don't know how I feel about this, if true. I don't see how either player is worth a 1st rounder or a top prospect, let alone both. I don't know a whole lot about either player though so I'll hold official judgment until someone more knowledgable than I gives some info.

If true though, I wonder what two players hit the press box.

I'd be excited about Sutton - he's kind of a meaner Brad Stuart and well liked by Oilers fans.

Hemsky is more of a boom or bust - it's obvious if healthy he could thrive with the Wings system, but man his injuries have really piled up. If all goes well I can see him re-signing with the Wings at a good cap hit.

If something like this were to happen, it's obviously not a dream scenario - like Parise/Suter - but I would rather lose Jurco and a first to a scenario like this, that does have a lot of potential, instead of Holland sitting on his hands.

I'd be excited about Sutton - he's kind of a meaner Brad Stuart and well liked by Oilers fans.

Hemsky is more of a boom or bust - it's obvious if healthy he could thrive with the Wings system, but man his injuries have really piled up. If all goes well I can see him re-signing with the Wings at a good cap hit.

If something like this were to happen, it's obviously not a dream scenario - like Parise/Suter - but I would rather lose Jurco and a first to a scenario like this, that does have a lot of potential, instead of Holland sitting on his hands.

I couldn't disagree more. Jurco AND a 1st rounder for a 36, soon to be 37, year old defenseman who is always one hit away from a five-min major or a multiple game suspension and a injury-plagued $5'000'000 bust? No thank you.

I'd much rather keep Jurco and the 1st rounder. I'm open to trading Jurco and a 1st rounder (even though I would like to see Detroit draft and develop more great young talent, like you see every other team doing), but the return would have to better than that.

UPDATE:

http://www.toutsurlehockey.com/11370/manchettes/tslh/EDM/2012-01-31/detroit,-nashville-et-edmonton-dans-une-transaction-a-trois/

http://www.rumeursdetransactions.com/3571-rumeurs-predators-wings-oilers-hemsky-jurco-blum

This is a BS rumor but here are all supposed detailes:

3 way trade:

Detroit In: Sutton, Blum and a 1st round from Preds

Detroit Out: Jurco and a 1st round

Oilers In: Jurco and a 1st round from Wings

Oilers Out: Hemsky, Sutton

Preds In: Hemsky

Preds Out: Blum and a 1 st round

Well yeah uh that doesn't make sense for any team in that deal really. Kenny's not going to part with Jurco unless there is a major deal in place, and this deal is just major BS.