• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:22 AM

Lids is a given. He's all that and a bucket of cheese. There is no better.

The next closest would be Pasha. If he continues to amaze and spends the rest of his career here, it is possible. I won't say yes, but I sure won't count him out yet.

I would like it if there was some sort of a secondary honouring system for guys like Ozzie, Drapes, Malts, Hank, Mac, Probie... guys who played a huge role in Red Wings history and were fan faves. Certainly not jersey retirement- that is just for the creme de la creme.

They do.

It's these along the wall of the entrance to the locker room or something like that.

Posted Image

Obviously if you're special enough to have your number in the rafters then you get both a banner that forever reserves the number and a plaque.

#42 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,920 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

They do.

It's these along the wall of the entrance to the locker room or something like that.

Posted Image

Obviously if you're special enough to have your number in the rafters then you get both a banner that forever reserves the number and a plaque.

Cool. I've never been to the Joe and have never heard of anyone getting the honour, so I'm glad they have something. I've seen the plaques sometimes on tv, but have never seen them up close.

#43 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

Cool. I've never been to the Joe and have never heard of anyone getting the honour, so I'm glad they have something. I've seen the plaques sometimes on tv, but have never seen them up close.

Yzerman got one recently if I'm not mistaken? They do look pretty cool and I'd love to see them in person one day! *Can dream*.

Lidstrom's #5. Then another 40 years of nothing.

I'd potentially like to see #35 up there at his career's end :) he can be one big player in the future.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#44 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

#96(just to spite Bowman!)

Posted Image loved this

The possibility of Pasha getting up there grows every season as he continues to just get better at his craft, took awhile. Among his peers there aren't many who deny it really and the longer he stays with the organization the harder it becomes to think anyone can wear #13 in the Winged Wheel ever again and what other premise does one have for retiring a jersey? Can't think of one.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#45 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

There are honored wings alumni and the Red Wings Hall of Fame as well.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."