Photo
- - - - -

When Eaves comes back...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

So, if there is no roster limit after the deadline here is a roster I would LOVE to see after the deadline and with Eaves back in the mix...

Bertuzzi Datsyuk Franzen
Filppula Zetterberg Morrow
Moen Helm Cleary
Miller Abdelkader Eaves/Mursak/Conner/Holmstrom

Lidstrom White
Stuart Kronwall
Commodore Ericsson
Kindl/Smith

Howard
Nabokov

Obviously I am trading Hudler/Emmerton/Prospects/Picks to get Morrow/Moen/Nabokov. I know Hudler is playing well right now, but for me, that just ups his trade value and we need a valuable asset to acquire Morrow. I am not saying that Dallas would accept Hudler in exchange, but this is just what I would like to see happen. Obviously this team to be a bigger tougher team in order to get past the Sharks and Canucks this playoff season, so that is why I am sending Hudler away for Morrow and acquiring Moen and also shoring up the goalie spot with Nabokov because I would not be comfortable with Conklin backing up Howard in the playoffs.

I know the Hudler slappies are gonna neg me for this, but that is ok and justified, I personally would just rather see Morrow in the top 6 than Hudler. If we could get Morrow without losing Hudler, then all the better, but I think Hudler is not as good in the bottom 6 as he is on the second line and he would be wasted in that spot.

How about this:

Bert -Dats- Franz
Fil - Zett - Huds
Morrow - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Abdelkader - Moen
Mursak
Holmstrom
Eaves
Conner

That would assume that we could get Morrow AND Moen for just prospects. Of course Nabokov can be had with picks or maybe even a package including Conklin...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#22 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

First off I'm not completly sure why Eaves was resigned this past off-season. Yes he's a good player but he's also had some injuries and he's one of the players that is replaceable. It seems to me the majority of people on here think Emmerton should go if we do anything as far as trading or waiving this season. My question is have we as fans given him a long enough oppertunity to be better and grow?? I'd say NO. He's young and yes he isn't a top star on this team and may never be a top star on this team or any other team in the NHL but he does have some value. Wings can't keep drating these players than taking so much time and effort in developing them on to waive or trade every single one. Example Quincey, Ritola, even Newbury imo had some value. I'm not saying who I'd want to get rid of because I really don't know yet but I just think that we all should give these younger players a chance to develop their skills in the NHL and see what they can do with the Wings before we send them packing.